NARS Voyage single

No Image

3.9

on 1/8/2011 10:44:00 PM

This is my favourite everyday neutral crease colour.

I wear this over Edie. It gives a really gorgeous light, natural looking contour to the eye. It does have glitter in it, but it's not tacky looking.

It's also nice as a lid colour to blend with lola lola or a darker crease colour.

Super pretty!!

on 11/21/2010 11:16:00 AM

This is a beautiful color for blending from the crease to the upper eyelid or for a nice neutral look all over the lid of the eye if you have blue or brown eyes. With just a little shimmer it is subtle but stands out. Of course the color can be more or less intense depending upon how you pack it on, however, it is never going to be a very dark brown. Very pretty though, as are all Nars eyeshadows.

on 10/19/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyeshadow for my everyday look if i want some shimmer on my eyes. It goes really well with night star. On my olive skin, it adds a bit of brown and shimmer on my eyes.

on 6/22/2010 6:01:00 PM

Voyage is a beautiful shimmery golden sand that is the perfect summer staple. The color is light and neutral in the container but builds beautifully and has more depth than you would guess. Lately I have been pairing it with Mac Kid in the creases and Mac Rice Paper on the brow bone and I have been getting a lot of compliments!

on 11/7/2009 8:19:00 PM

The product is quite a gorgeous bronzy color by itself. However, the main problem is large flecks of glitter that falls and sticks on my face. When lightly applied, it does not show as well on light yellow or medium skin tones. Best to try in on on a counter before buying.

Voyage is pretty interesting, it's seems like a matte shadow with glitter. What I like about this shade is that it reminds me of the way that glistening sand looks when it's a sunny day at the beach. The texture is not as soft as some Nars colors, which might be a result of the glitter. I think this color is great for fair skin, but for darker tones this might not look as pretty since it is semi-sheer.

I don't know if its me doing something wrong but I find it really hard to get any sort of real colour from this eye shadow at all. Even using a primer it doesn't not come out well. I find that using a NARS cream eye shadow in a similar colour underneath works OK. Very disappointing!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Loves it...... Its normally hard to find make to suit an n50 skin tone,but this shade compliments my skin. mix it with a few golds and bronzes and you have a tropical islands look.

Perfect neutral tan for summer!

I just bought Voyage this week and adore it. I have been looking for a daytime neutral that I can wear to work and this is it.

Normally I look to Nars for my nighttime dramatic make-up. However, I have needed more subdued tones for a new job. I am happy that I have found a few (including Nepal) from NARS.

Voyage is perfect because you cannot overdo it. People who are searching for that "I'm not wearing make-up" look will want to check this out immediately.

Anyone who owns Night Star and doesn't know what to do with it can pair it with Voyage. They work really well together. In fact, I owned Night Star for MONTHS and never used it until I brought home Voyage. Together they provide a polished, under-stated daytime look.

The glitter in Voyage is subtle and merely reflects light. This is a good thing. It keeps the neutral tan from looking flat and too matte. I am really impressed with this eyeshadow.

As a product: Voyage truly impresses me, due to the fact that it is a lighter shade, which NARS usually manages to botch up with no pigmentation or chalkiness, yet it is silky, blendable, and actually shows up on skin! Retail $21, comes in standard black rubberized case with the NARS logo imprinted in white on the cover, and a small mirror under the cap.

As a color: Voyage is a soft flesh-toned neutral tan with a lot of gold glitter, which actually is not too evident due to the hue of the base shadow itself. Even with the gold flecks, it remains a straight neutral, that would be flattering on all skintones.

As a whole: This is one of my favorite shades, as I wear a neutral eye 90% of the time, and NARS has finally managed to pack pigmentation into a neutral shadow! I highly recommend to all :)

Complementary products: Apply Voyage all over the lid, use a shimmery champagne shadow to highlight (i.e. Smashbox Champange or NARS edie). For a pop of color, rock a bluish teal liner (i.e. the dark side of the NARS cleo duo). Add a shimmery peach blush (i.e. NARS deep throat) and a shimmery peach gloss (i.e. MAC beaute)