BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 5/15/2017 5:50:00 PM

I love this stuff! Now, admittedly, there is something peculiar in that the full size is in a silly gimmicky glue tube and the samples are virtually the same amount (full size is - and I couldn't believe my eyes- 11ml ! And sample size is 7.5ml) and to compound matters, in UK at least, you can buy four samples for £15. (At Boots) That is staggering and I just hope that "loophole" or whatever dubious calculations fathomed there, doesn't get addressed... Because I do in fact buy four samples at a time and have therefore no review for the packaging of the full size.

So, onto the product! This is pink toned and the second I put it on it was like a magic trick. "From dull to darling" Benefit declares, in its characteristic marketing drawl. Well it really was!!!! I was dull and then I was darling. I looked radiant, younger, fresher, happier! Strange but it truly was like a magic trick as I am so sallow. I guess I really do miss pink tones in my skin and this gives me a wonderful fresh and awakened glow. I used to use and love Estée Lauder's discontinued Spotlight which was similar and touted itself as skincare. I actually prefer this to the Spotlight! And Spotlight had its mourners and for a while it was going on eBay for huge amounts. I tried MAC strobe cream (original pinkish one) but it broke me out. This Benefit primer seems to have nice ingredients- glycerin is high on the list and I see many fruit and flower and seed oil additions. As well as giving me a stunning glow it (paradoxically) seems to help my foundation (ELDW) stay on and not get too shiny. Every time I wear this I get mistaken for younger; yesterday a couple of people even asked rather earnestly if I was a student. I credit this That Gal primer entirely.

I use quite a big dollop at a time, if I was a brave sort I would even go out with just this on and no foundation. My foundation is heavy duty but even so it still doesn't entirely throttle the pinkish glow. I cannot believe the low rating of this. But I did notice that those who like it love it. I don't think I can ever be without this. I can see why people may be disappointed, as this doesn't fill in pores or do much for texture. I think where this excels is for aging and dull skin; it seems to deflect off wrinkles whilst adding a true youthful glow, and it does make foundation cling on for longer and stay looking perfect. Well ELDW does stay on all on its own so perhaps that is giving the primer too much applause but it does keep it looking glowy all day and not pooling around the nose or getting worn away on the chin which it would do otherwise if left on for many hours.

Top marks from me!

N.B I did see a "dupe" masquerading as That Gal very shamelessly - even down to the graphics skyline and font, by a brand called Technic. But on closer inspection of the ingredients I don't think it would have the same effect. I do believe that the glycerin so high up in the That Gal means it is actually good for the skin as well as effective. I wonder why Benefit don't make more of the skincare element in this.

I have medium yellow/olive toned skin and this did not even show up on my skin. I have combo skin that leans more towards oily, this product only caused my face to look greasy.

on 1/29/2017 3:08:00 PM

I use this under my eyes to make the area look brighter and I like the dewy effect it gives me. I will repurchase it even though it is kinda expensive. The smell is great too

on 1/14/2017 4:43:00 AM

Right so I don't know what this product actually does. It's a brightening primer but it only made my skin extremely oily (I don't even use moisturiser). The pinkish tone did nothing to my yellow-toned skin. At least I didn't break out. Probably works better on people with really dry skin.

I really liked this primer. It's brightening, evens out skintone, absorbs quickly, smells nice, didn't break me out (blemish prone skin). It smells very nice! I like the packaging as well. It has a velvety smooth consistency. I can't say a bad word about this primer. When it comes to silicone free primers I don't like it as much as my TF HangoveRx, but it's definitely in my top three.

on 8/10/2016 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I usually apply Benefit's 'That Gal' primer before my foundation and I have to say,it works miracles! It helps your foundation apply more firmly on the skin,and it also can be worn as a plain moisturizer without any else product on top. I love this product and I would definitely repurchase!

on 7/19/2016 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this together with the porefessional primer/corrector as the BA said it goes well together (just mix the two products together). I found it...okay. Only the porefessional primer alone would do me good so I now don't see the point in adding up one more product which has the same job description into the exiting good one. So, I guess you can choose just one to save your pennies. Not going to buy it again coz I already have the porefessional one.

on 6/21/2016 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's ok. I like the application system and I do quite like the smell. It looks nice on it's own when I don't want to wear foundation and it will even things out a bit and brighten my complexion. It doesn't make my skin pink. I think as a primer it works but I guess if your looking for a pore smoothing, mattifying, all the bells and whistles primer then this product isn't for you. I "think" I will buy again, I am undecided. It is pretty expensive.

This product looks great on its own, but honestly, my makeup works the same without a primer as it does with That Gal. I don't have much to say other than that. Would definitely not spend the money on this product.

on 3/25/2016 3:45:00 PM

This primer is not for me.

The texture was fine, it applied easily, however it left me with very noticeably pink skin. It looked terrible. I attempted to cover with foundation but the pink cast was still very noticeable.

I threw it out.