Marcelle New Age anti-wrinkle + firming Night Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Marcelle New Age anti-wrinkle + firming Night Cream

1.0

I would not sleep in this cream, because it started itching my face within minutes. Luckily it was only a sample I got, and I hadn't purchased it. For the record, I do not have sensitive skin, so that tells you something about this product.

on 2/21/2008 10:18:00 PM

I had a horrible reaction to this product as well. It made my face very red and very swollen. I didn't even look like myself. I went to the Dr. and she asked right away if the cream I had used with Marcelle New Age!! She had had the same reaction herself and had treated 3 other patients who had a reaction to it. Then when I was in the bathroom at work a lady came in and saw me putting the cream the Dr. gave me on my face (meanwhile I look like a freak). I told her what happened and she gets this weird look on her face. Then she tells me that she had a reaction to the same stuff!! She was smart though and tried it on her arm first so only her arm turned red and swelled.

There is something seriously wrong with this cream! I have used other Marcelle creams with no problems but this is awful!

This stuff is EVIL!!! Hypo-allergenic, my a$$!!!! Seriously, I had such a bad allergic reaction to it that I developed a red bumpy rash all over my face, neck, and chest that lasted for over a week after washing it off!!! I actually thought the reaction was to my Alba body lotion because I didn't realize a cream applied just to my face and neck could extend down my chest and even to my arms!!! A few weeks after the rash subsided, I tested a small amount of this and a few other lotions on my arm, and this was the one that made me break out horribly all over again. I have NEVER had an allergic reaction to a cream before, let alone such an extreme one, and I have used dozens of moisturizers and creams. I sure wish I knew which ingredient I was reacting to, so I can avoid it in the future. Now I will have to do some research. If I find out what I reacted to, I will update my post. In the meantime, here is the ingredient list:
Ingredients AQUA/WATER/EAU, Glyceryl Stearate, CETYL ALCOHOL, PEG-8, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALLANTOIN, CARBOMER, Dimethicone, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, Polysorbate 20, DISODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC / CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, CETETH - 20, SILICA, Dipropylene Glycol, BUTYROSPERNUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGEA EXTRACT, , CAFFEINE, GLYNINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, CERAMIDE 3, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, BUPLEURUM FALCATUM, Coenzyme A, Cl 16035, PEG-75, Steareth-20, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Paullinia Capana Seed Extract, Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Carnauba, Sphacelaria Scoparia Extract.