Marcelle New Age anti-wrinkle + firming Night Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
Marcelle New Age anti-wrinkle + firming Night Cream

1.0

on 4/11/2008 9:36:00 AM

Unfortunately, I had the same bad allergic reaction to this product. I've never had an allergic reaction to a product before - my skin is "normal" and not normally sensitive. I tested the eye cream from this "new age" line - just a tiny amount of it - and I developed a severe rash on the entire top half of my face. It started with just some minor swelling and a few bumps under my eyes, but by the next morning the rash had spread to my cheeks and forehead, and was very very red and swollen. I looked like a freak. I went to the doctor and was prescribed prescription strength antimhistamines and cortisoid cream. It's been a week now and the rash has mostly diminished (bumps mostly gone) but still a little red (like I'd just done some exercise). Stay away from this cream! (or at least don't test it on your face!).

This stuff is EVIL!!! Hypo-allergenic, my a$$!!!! Seriously, I had such a bad allergic reaction to it that I developed a red bumpy rash all over my face, neck, and chest that lasted for over a week after washing it off!!! I actually thought the reaction was to my Alba body lotion because I didn't realize a cream applied just to my face and neck could extend down my chest and even to my arms!!! A few weeks after the rash subsided, I tested a small amount of this and a few other lotions on my arm, and this was the one that made me break out horribly all over again. I have NEVER had an allergic reaction to a cream before, let alone such an extreme one, and I have used dozens of moisturizers and creams. I sure wish I knew which ingredient I was reacting to, so I can avoid it in the future. Now I will have to do some research. If I find out what I reacted to, I will update my post. In the meantime, here is the ingredient list:
Ingredients AQUA/WATER/EAU, Glyceryl Stearate, CETYL ALCOHOL, PEG-8, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALLANTOIN, CARBOMER, Dimethicone, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, Polysorbate 20, DISODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC / CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, CETETH - 20, SILICA, Dipropylene Glycol, BUTYROSPERNUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGEA EXTRACT, , CAFFEINE, GLYNINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, CERAMIDE 3, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, BUPLEURUM FALCATUM, Coenzyme A, Cl 16035, PEG-75, Steareth-20, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Paullinia Capana Seed Extract, Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Carnauba, Sphacelaria Scoparia Extract.