New York Color Lengthening Mascara

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/1/2011 5:19:00 PM

This macara is perfect for that natural look that you would want on a regular day, however it does not lengthen your eyelashes crazy, it just does it a tad bit. It also smudges so be careful! I use one coat of this and then apply my Great Lash which is awesome! Overall, okay product, but I can not complain because I got this for 49 cents!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was very pleased with this mascara but it's not the best. For it's price it is really good and doesn't clump. It stays on all day for me and looks really nice if you're trying to wear a natural makeup kinda look like I would normally do on lazy days. New York Color is one of my FAVORITE makeup companies and I'm glad I purchased this product.

on 11/3/2010 11:38:00 AM

This is a cheap, non clumping mascara with a thin formula that actually does lengthen lashes. However, it does not have enough "oomph" for me to use alone, so I have been using it as a first coat sort of primer before putting on other mascaras. It seems to work great for that!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

on my second tube of this stuff. really really great stuff for $1.72! for me it lengthens and thickens a bit without clumping at all. my two minor complaints are 1) it hangs around a bit when i was my face (but i dont use separate makeup remover, so my fault most likely) and 2) the lid of my first tube cracked a bit when i closed it too tightly (again, my fault... plus it's 2 bucks!) neither are reason enough for me to stop purchasing. love this mascara and will continue to buy and buy.

I bought this stuff probably about two years ago, then got swept up in the Lash Blast craze. (Buy the way, avoid the Luxe,) but then I found this buried in my drawer. When I drug it out, it seemed a little dry. (Maybe it was just the age?) I added a few drops of saline solution to the tube, whichh my eye doctor assures me is completely safe, and I love it! I have naturally long, black, and many eyelashes. I usually look for volume, but recently I discovered that lengthening formulas work better on me. This doesn't clump on me, no matter how many coats I apply, which is major for me, because I can never find ANY that don't make my eyelashes look like big deformed spiders. I wish I were exaggerating. I did take off one lippie for the packaging. I mean, every girl wants a cute mascara tube! This is ok, but sorta dull. Yeah I would buy it again, you should try it and see if it works on you. Not everything that works on me is going to work on you. Just a reminder.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I only purchased this product about 3 weeks ago but so far its pretty decent. My lases are not long or thick but this mascara does make them slightly longer and more visable for the price that I paid for it ($1). I'd buy it again if necessary because I am not for spending a gazillion dollars on mascara. This one gets the job done fairly well.

on 3/31/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have short lashes but I want them to be a little longer without being fake looking. It's for subtle lengthening when you put on one coat but if you put on two coats it lengthens really well. The only worst thing is that it smudges, I live in a place where it's hot and humid and sweaty.

on 3/1/2010 6:13:00 PM

This was probably the second mascara I ever tried, and it got me hooked on lengthening mascara for life. No other look - volumizing, curling - seems to work as well as lengthening does for me.

The formulation of this mascara is wonderfully smooth and clump-free, almost glossy. I like how it comes in a greyish black, instead of the normal jet black - nice on my colouring.

However, it has vast inferiorities (sp?): its smudging ability (don't go out in the rain with this one) and its lengthening ability as compared to other brands. Good for a beginner mascara, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As usual, I seem to be completely in the minority! Yay me!

This mascara does its job. If you have long lashes already, it can be amazing and enhancing, without being overwhelming. I am blessed with naturally long eyelashes, although they are light brown and not extremely thick either. I bought this NYC product to patch me through a time of money troubles and I wasn't expecting it to be this good at all.

I would not recommend this if you want to create drama out of stubby lashes. It's not because the stuff is cheaply priced- it's because the formula just isn't made for that. By the way, I'm very glad a "cheap" and "teeny-bopper" company like NYC is making so many paraben-free products, like this mascara. It's also enriched with several plant extracts that are very good for your lashes.

Also, to clarify the cruelty free issue: I am the first one to shout "liar" at companies who try and pull the "finished product" BS. I have thrown out all of my Bath and Body Works products for that reason. Don't let anyone tell you this is required by law, because at this point in time it is not and in most states, never has been- for cosmetics. For medication and medicated things, yes. For makeup, not in recent history. NYC IS cruelty-free and the last I checked, they are currently working with Peta for their extra certification.

Unfortunately most (if not all) cosmetic ingredients have been animal tested in the past. And equally sadly, I have very sensitive skin and there are several things I have to use for the time being that are produced by companies which animal test (or are owned by parent companies who do), because I can't afford the alternatives.

I hope that once people are educated and stop buying things that have been barbarically tested on animals, the expensive cruelty-free companies' prices will become more reasonable. As it is there are so few economical ones! I'm thankful for NYC and e.l.f. staying affordable.

on 2/9/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

PROS:
*Creates a natural look

*Lengthens and darkens lashes

*Very cheap

CONS:
*I wish they made this in a waterproof formula, because if it were to rain or if I were to cry...Hell, maybe even both at the same time...then I'd be in some trouble.

OVERALL?: I wouldn't buy this stuff again. It's not that I dislike it, it's somewhat decent, it's just I've found better. I feel as if this mascara is a great cosmetic for people who are experimenting around with make up, or maybe even for beginners who are new to the make up world.