NYX Snow White

NYX Snow White

4.4

Being porcelain skinned with cool undertones (I glow blue in moonlight) I was of course drawn to this lip color. I absolutely love it. It's going to be my go-to lippie for the fall/winter months. Some previous reviewers have said this color leans more towards brown and/or berry, but I don't see berry tones. As for the brown tones, I guess there is what I would call a brick undertone beneath the dark red. It looks like the color of almost dried blood, one which makes my inner goth-girl very pleased. As for the formula, it is not matte and the texture is very creamy, which I prefer. That being said, it transfers onto everything my lips touch, but it doesn't bleed if I use a lip liner (which I already use every time I wear a dark lip). Despite the transferring, it lasts several hours if I'm not eating anything and I can reapply without first removing the color like I have to with certain matte lippies that cake up. All in all I recommend this product.

on 9/3/2017 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For a cheap thrill this was such a wonderful surprise! I love how evocative the name is. Lips as red as blood, skin as white as snow, hair as black as a raven's wing... that's me with this lipstick! Though unfortunately my black hair is dyed right now...
This is a true blood red, a little bit vampy and romantic rather than a straight red. Wear it in the fall, with your favourite wine-coloured sweater, or rock it when you want to look chic in a bar.

Snow White seems to have a cult following among beauty bloggers & aficionados, & being a member of the Church of Red Lipsticks, I decided to finally try it. The color is darker on my lips than on the tube; It is a dramatic dark, (just-dried) blood red. Not for the wallflowers! With my very pale complexion & dark hair, it definitely makes me feel like Snow White! The formula is creamy & even though I prefer mattes, I don't mind that this has a sheen effect. I like that it makes my teeth look so white in person & in photos. Lasts up to 4hrs without eating or constant drinking; transfers a lot; if you eat, you definitely need to reapply this. What I dislike is the weird, plasticky smell & the somewhat unpleasant taste. For the price though, this is a good buy & I'm glad to have this as a part of my Red Lipstick Arsenal.
P.S. This is not a dupe for NARS Cruella. I have it too & Cruella registers lighter & more red on my lips.

I expected to love this, but I can't wear it. For a pale person, I can often get away with dark reds. But this one is darkened with a color that doesn't flatter me. With my pale mauve natural lip color (ah...that's washed out liver color...), it has a dull dark blah tone to it, the red does not dominate. *sigh* Really depends on your coloring. I would have rated this higher because the color may look great on others, but I didn't care for the texture upon application either - it seemed to pull into lines and didn't sit well. I wanted it off my lips - THIS after hunting for it for as long as I did! I mean, I hunted for this thing for weeks because it was sold out wherever I went. Well I'm glad it looks better on others...AND I feel sorry for myself because it looks muddy on me. *end of whine*
I can wear colors like NARS Fire Down Below, Rimmel 111, Wet N Wild Cinnamon Spice. I also can't wear Maybelline Divine Wine - which is another lemming I just HAD to buy, found it sold out everywhere, and ultimately found that it is darkened with a tone or color that looks "tired" and kinda muddy on me. *whimper*
I uploaded the swatch picture that has two rows of short swatches in the center and one long swatch on either side. In that photo - I kind of think I can see the darkened color of Snow White (NYX) and Divine Wine (Maybelline) that just kills 'em for me. I notice it most when I don't enlarge that photo but view the swatches from a distance (small) - those two stand out as "muddy" from a distance. I also uploaded the swatch photo currently to the right of the one I mentioned earlier and again - just looking at the small photo - Snow White and Divine Wine (on the left) look muddy. It might be black, dark blue or dark brown that is added - I recall when I ask to have house paint "darkened", the paint store added a "lamp black" pigment which is said to be soft a brownish- or bluish-black pigment. Whatever that is - I need to practice recognizing it because this whole "buy it and hate it" thing is depressing. Well, I'm glad my fellow MAU'ers can enjoy it.

on 4/9/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful darker red lipstick. I bought it in pursuit of my never ending quest to find that perfect red lipstick. It doesn't last long if you eat or drink and reapplication is mandatory if you do but it is a creme lipstick so that's to be expected.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am very fair, and Snow White is very bold on me, but in a good way. I love the finish and the formula, even if I have to wear it with lipliner to make it last better. It is very glam, and I break it out when I want to feel like a bombshell. I highly recommend this if you're a red lipstick lover or if you want a lipstick that makes a statement without being too far outside of the box.

on 4/26/2016 7:51:00 PM

The reviews make this sound like one of the greatest reds out there (to quote a former reviewer, "the red to end all reds"), but I completely disagree. For starters, this shade looks different on everyone (on me it's a deep wine red); though various photos on the internet would have you think it was pink-red, brick red, cherry-red, brick-red, etc - very confusing! I was hoping for a blood-red, but was disappointed. In addition, the formula and the application have to be perfect for a dark red because it's not a very forgiving color and I'm not sure that's the case here. The only way I've been able to make this work is with a 20's vamp look, so I don't reach for it often. It's cheap enough that I don't mind having it in my arsenal, but I probably won't re-purchase.

on 2/24/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this lipstick! On me it goes on blood red, even more so once it dries. But then my lips are naturally really pigmented.

i use this with MAC's brick lipliner and it stays on pretty well. it doesn't have the staying power of a matte lipstick or a lip laquer but then i feel it wears nicer too.

my lips dry out super easily which is why i hardly ever wear lipstick. but this one keeps them nice and hydrated all day.

would defenitely repurchase, i hope they never dc it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color looks AMAZING on everyone (atleast on many of my friends that have tried this lipstick). It's the perfect red lipstick shade, its a blue-undertone red and its a bit dark. BUT unfortunately, this lipstick's staying power is REALLY BAD! The first time I wore this I forgot to bring it with me, and immediately I regret it because it only lasts for about an hour, even when I have not drink or even eat anything. Great color, bad formula.

on 1/26/2016 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite lipstick – It's so pigmented and matches so well with my skin tone, I love it! It has poor staying power, but a bit of lip primer and a reverse lip liner corrects that straight away. Would recommend!