Sephora Sephora Body Self Tanning Bronzing Mist

4.5

Dimethyl Ether, Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil), CI 14700 (Red 4), Hexyl Cinnamal, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Linalool, CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Citric Acid, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Leaves quite a strong, chemical smell in the room for a while but the smell doesn't stay on your skin. As for the colour it looks very natural and not orange but the colour is pretty subtle so I doubt if would work on people who are already quite tanned (finger crossed they'll come out with a darker one). The colour stays on for like a week and doesn't patch of you exfoliate in advance (which you should with all self-tanners). Will definitely continue to buy. However you need to moisturise since it tends to dry your skin out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's summertime so I'm turning to self-tanners to look nice and bronzed. This is almost foolproof! Spray it on your skin, rub it in to prevent streaking, and it dries in a minute. It's supposed to gradually get darker over the course of hours. The color isn't orange but it is very subtle so unless you're very pale this might not be very noticeable. The price is much better than other self-tanning sprays but there is only about 2 full body coverage uses per bottle.

Use a light hand with the spray nozzle! If you press the nozzle all the way down too much product comes out. As long as you rub it in there shouldn't be any issues. The product will stain your hands but washes off with soap and water. There is a fragrance that eventually dissipates and I do find it more pleasant than other self-tanners.

I'm not quite sure if I would repurchase as I haven't been able to reach the level of bronze that I would like yet.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The one that I am using is for face and body both. I am praying that Sephora does not discontinue this product because within a past, I have used a lot of brands and they did not do a great job. L'Oreal towelettes were the closest to my favorite. This product is incredible. No odor. Great dark color even from Light to Medium. Does not transfer. I wore white right after one minute of application. Spreads well and does not look patchy. You need to rub it to your body. The color is not orange and looks as I have sat in a Carribean beach under the sun for months. And the price is just awesome. I bought this for $19. Compared to Chanel and other high end brands that do not come remotely close to the great performance of this product, I am highly impressed. For the records, I am NC30 and do not tan easily.

I'm really impressed with this tanner. The scent is very strong and chemically though, but it wears off more when it dries. I love that its tinted and you instantly see a small change in color when you first apply it, and a few hours later it gets darker, but beware when you go to sleep because when you wake up it will be quite a bit darker. The color isn't freakishly orange like all the other self tanners I've tried, but it's not AS brown as I'd like. I was very paranoid that this would turn me orange, and I've even asked a few people if my skin looks orange (not afraid to tell close people I fake tanned) and they all said no, and that it just looks like i got a dark tan. So overall i am very pleased :) I'm glad I decided to get this one, and it wasn't extremely expensive either !

I work at Sephora and I usually hear all the talk about the St. Tropez bronzer, which is also nice but $50 a bottle! Not exactly college-budget friendly, even with a discount. So I tried this one night. After exfoliation in the shower, I lay a towel down on the floor (so the self tanner wouldnt fall on my carpet) and spray sections of my body and rub in. Its very easy to rub in and the smell isnt too bad! Its very mild compared to other self tanners like Jergens who claim to have a "no smell" formula. The aerosol design makes it extremely user friendly, and the mist dries fast once it is rubbed in. Now, this isnt an instant tanner, and it doesnt claim to be. You wont see instant results, but the formula does take about 3 hours to develop and the smell dissipates after about 10 minutes of application.
Needless to say, EVERYONE at work customers and clients alike were asking me where I went on vacation. My fake tan was that convincing! It develops into a natural but bronzy tan that doesnt streak and is not orange at all. I think this tanner is different simply because its a red base tan instead of a orange based. My tan lasted about 5-7 days, this is without heavy exfoliation or scrubbing in the shower. I was even brave enough to try this on my face and it works like a charm there as well! I prefer it over my Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta glow pads. This is now a holy grail product for me, and I rave and rave about it to customers. Ive recommended it to other employees, and they go on and on about how much they love it as well. This is a great find at Sephora, and you are paying 1/2-1/3 the price tag than you would be buying any other self tanners in the store. Check it out!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm really against tanning with UV so I'm always trying different ways to fake tan and this is one of the best self tanners I've used. It's winter right now so I wasn't really thorough with exfoliating before applying and it turned out fine. I still have weird feet side streaks but I've never been able to get my hands and feet 100% perfect with fake tans, even when I did a real spray tan in a salon. I apply it with latex gloves and just spray some lines and rub it in. Usually like 8 hours later I will shower real fast to rinse off and apply a second layer. At first when it comes out it is really uneven on me but when I shower all the tint rinses off and I'm left with a beautiful glow. The small spray bottle (I don't know if it comes in a bigger format) was 8$CA I think and lasted me three applications (with two layers each) and the tan stayed on for a week before starting to fade nicely. When you think about it, a tanning session with cream in a bed cost around 10$ and you have to go a few times to see results so it's a really good deal plus you don't have to ruin your skin with UV rays. Finally, the smell reminds me of sunscreen which for me is nice because it takes me back to summer.

Its the best self tanner out there. I always use it and it doesn't leave streaks as much as others

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The short version: great price, very easy to apply, even coverage, no streaks, smell isn't overwhelming/unpleasant, VERY convincing color, even fading.

Full disclosure: I never used self-tanner before this - I never needed to! Though I'm of South Asian descent, I'm fairly light in the fall/winter, but I spend ample time in the sun every summer so I end up with a deep all-over tan (yes, even with responsible sunscreen use).

This summer has been woefully beach-less for me, thus far, so I had to look into something so I could actually show my legs in public without looking like I've been spending my summer hibernating in a dark cave.

I picked up the small size of this product as an impulse buy at Sephora, and I was so impressed that I repurchased in the full size.

This product is incredibly easy to use - it's basically foolproof. It is tinted with the superficial bronzer, so it's very easy to work with. The only thing is that even though it is a spray, you *must* rub it in to get even coverage. But that's it! I usually do one generous coat all over, and then do a little more in specific areas for further definition. It dries quite fast, and I've never had a problem with it rubbing off on clothes. As for the smell, I don't find it strong or overpowering, though know that's subjective.

Now for the color: You get immediate light color, and the real color takes a couple of hours to really develop. I was pretty floored to find that the final color looks EXACTLY as if I'd actually been tanning in the sun. I mean, 100% natural.

Lastly, I've found the fading to be very subtle, no crazy patches or blotches (I always do extra exfoliating and make sure to moisturize well the night before I apply, so that may help with this).

Now, I haven't tried a lot of self tanning products but every one I've used has literally made me orange. I picked up the sephora self tanning mist thinking it was a instant self tanner- It's definitely not. Even though it says it's tinted, I didnt see any change of color on my skin when I put it on...but after going to bed I woke up with an amazing bronzy glow. Even though it still turned out a little orangy due to my fair Irish-scottish skin It still looks amazing! I recommend this to people who have a light olive toned skin color. my friend is italian and she tried it as well and it worked much better for her. Here in canada it costs 7$ for a small bottle, which isn't the cheapest self tanner but not the most expensive. + if you're looking for a dramatic change in color rather than a glow I do not recommend this product.

It gives you a very nice actually brown color, but its kind of expansive and it has a very strong smell which isn't bad but like a concentrated floral perfume (which was too much for my nose anyway) um, also very sticky, but I am gonna give it a good rating just because you end up actually brown not orange, you go through the bottle fairly quickly, I finished it after about 2-2.5 applications, I don't know, probably wouldn't purchase it just because of price and you can get a just as good of a product in gel and bigger tube, if you have a party to attend or going out in 30 mins or so its a great spray for last minute touch up.