Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Best damn soap in the world! I clean my house and my body with it. You can brush your teeth and mop the floor with it! It's a multitasking soap with the best damn back story and reading materials around! Dr. Bronner was an interesting man indeed

on 3/25/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this soap! very gentle and great smell. I use it to wash my baby's bath tube because I don't want to use harsh chemicals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this soap. It's perfect for after a long day at work. That tingle! A little but goes a long way so I'm not to crabby about the price. Lasts me a bit over a month and that's fine, especially considering I often shower more than once per day. Overall, I love this soap an I actually look forward to showers because of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This liquid soap has a fresh cool peppermint scent. And it has a cool refreshing tingling sensation.This really gets your lady parts SUPER CLEAN! And it stays fresh and clean all day! This is a great soap and its all natural and organic. A little of this goes a very long way! All you need is a small amount and it produces lots of rich lather. One bottle goes a very long way.It is very reasonably priced for a natural organic product. I will definitely repurchase again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've only used this once, but I'm the type to read a bunch of reviews for a product after I've already bought it, and whilst perusing through the feedback on here, I felt inspired to give my input. First, the scent: it's very strong. I've got a fairly sensitive nose and am always worried about products smelling to strong, but in this case, I love it. Peppermint is one of those scents that always smells fresh & clean IMO. But hey, I could bathe in peppermint oil and it wouldn't bother me one bit, so take that tidbit with a grain of salt. Just know that the scent is very potent. In regards to using it as a shampoo, my curly tresses soaked it right up - to the point where my hair felt squeaky clean. Some may consider this to harsh for their hair, as it will likely strip it of all natural oils. I'll probably only use it once or twice a month as a shampoo. In regards to using it as a face wash, my oily, acne-prone skin soaked it right up (see a pattern here?), and I had no problems with dryness. Also, it didn't make my skin feel tight and stiff like some cleansers do (*cough cough* neutrogena). I followed up with Simple moisturizer and whadaya know, my face wasn't an oil slick by the end of the day - as per usual. In regards to using it as a body wash, no complaints there. My only negative comments are about the packaging. It really is "liquid soap," so it's easy to pour out too much of the product and therefore waste the goods. I got mine for around ten bucks at target, and I'll definitely be re-purchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

EDIT: 8.30.12 To everyone who is voting down my review, I'm not religious and I think this product packaging is weird. But don't vote "unhelpful" just because I don't agree with your faith. People like myself who just wanted to try a good soap need to know this detail.

This is a semi-bizarre product. I find myself reading the snippets of philosophy, religion, and whatnot all over the label whilst in the shower. The label turns me off from the product immensely; I don't need Biblical teachings, Dr. Bronner, I would like to clean myself.

This castille soap is very refreshing and cuts through oil and grime wonderfully. I personally prefer regular body washes rife with chemicals but this stuff smells just like candy canes. It's delicious, makes the bathroom smell lovely. I am not a fan of cold, tingling genitalia, and therefore do not like using this anywhere besides my torso. The scent doesn't really last outside the shower anyway. I haven't found a mint soap that smells as great as this so I would probably try it again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have tried this as a body wash, toothpaste, and laundry detergent but now I use it as a shampoo only. It does strip and tangle my hair but my hair oil and detangling conditioner take care of those problems. I love this because it thoroughly cleans my hair and scalpel, which stay so fresh between washes.

on 2/4/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I love this stuff. I use this as a shampoo to wash out product buildup. My husband uses this as well and loves it. A bottle lasts forever! Love how this feels on my skin and the peppermint fragrance. The same feeling as one feels after brushing ones teeth...that fresh minty tingly feeling. This is the sensation felt on my scalp after using this as a shampoo. Highly recommended!

on 8/19/2004 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using DR. Bronners Peppermint soap for years!!!! I use it as a body wash, foot soak, and shampoo. I don't think it's wise to use it as a face wash, but I have steamed my face with it in the past. My scalp and body tingle all over (and I mean all over) at the end of my shower. What a way to wake up in the morning. I can't say enough about it...Even when I get the urge to try something different, I ALWAYS come back to this...It's that serious! Super Cheap at Trader Joes or if you buy in bulk you can usually get a good deal at your local Natural Food Store.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't like castle soap, especially the peppermint kind.

Once I used it in the shower, and a very intimate part of my body was burned pretty badly.

What I also dislike about castle soaps is that they leave a residue. No matter how I use them, my skin (or hair for that matter) has a coating on it.