Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. Be forewarned though. Dilution is key!! I use it as an all-over bodywash, shampoo, and shaving. I also add it to my spa water for home pedicures. It smells great and I love the tingle of the peppermint.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So hands down...im obsessed...

I purchased this the other day from Trader Joe's. I believe that this is the cheapest place you can get it (in store and online). My roommate uses it and after researching I decided I should try it out.

I've only used it on my body and face. I love the way it made my skin feel. I felt squeeky clean. I guess some may say that it could be drying, but I use cream lotion and baby oil gel as soon as I leave the shower, so I never have issues with soaps drying my skin. I also used it on my face, and same issue...I have very oily skin in general so I loved the squeeky clean feeling this gave my skin. I use an oil free moisturizer (sometimes mixed with a the tiniest amount of honey) and continue with my normal face routine. This body wash is an amazing addition to my morning. Its so refreshing.

I also love how much you get! This is how I rationalize...lets say you purchase a bottle of dove for $3.50-4.00...great price right? Yes....however, how much of the product d oyou use on a daily basis? I find myself going through a large bottle in less than a month. Dr. Bronners requires soooo little product for each use. I use exfoliating gloves to shower...and I put MAYBE a pea sized amount, and that may be too much...and enough lather to wash my entire body. I use tell than that for my face. Once I complete an entire bottle I will update.

I know now unless some freak accident happens I will be using this for a very long time (and hopefully other scents). ALSO...I have very long hair, and I use a lot of product in it (when I wear it curly I use a leave in conditioner and curl enhancer, and when straight I use Argan Oil before heat styling) and i find that sometimes they irritate my skin. I dont have body acne, but when I get out the shower and my conditioned hair is on my skin, sometimes my hair will cause a rash, a fine layer of bumps....when using this soap i find that it cleans my skin so well other things dont irriate my skin as much...this may just be for me...but I see a few other reviewers say that its cleared up there skin as well.

I was thinking of trying this as shampoo when I do a mayonaise conditioning masque on my hair (followed by a richer shampoo)...if I do this I will update my review again.

on 7/16/2011 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the smell of this and use it as a body wash. Just beware that it burns your ladybits!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Terrific, terrific product. Definitely worth the price, and then some.

The entire family uses it, and I am going to try it on the dog, as suggested by another reviewer.

I used to shower with an antibacterial soap (because I work up quite a sweat after an hour of cardio every night), and then a moisturizing soap. The Peppermint Soap does the job of two soaps. It gets me cleaner than any soap I have even used. My skin is softer and smoother than with the use of other moisturing soaps.

I use it in the shower on my entire body (even the girl bits), right before bed, and it is incredibly relaxing.

I have terrible skin problems from head to foot (dandruff, acne, keratosis pilaris, excema), and the Peppermint Soap calms all skin issues.

on 5/28/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This didn't do anything for me except wash makeup brushes! I've tried everything- face wash, body wash/gel, bath bubbles- terrible dry skin afterwards!! Very good for cleaning makeup brushes... but I'll just use my regular hand soap for that! Thank goodness I bought the small size at Target.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

NOTE: None of them are great for teeth cleaning unless you're desperate (out camping). They all have a horrible soapy flavor, leave the teeth slippery feeling and after a week or so of use will inflame your gums. If you want teeth cleaning soap buy a bar of Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil Soap instead. 1/4 of a bar will last a single person approx 3 months.

PEPPERMINT
(liquid/bar) Moisturizing 5/5. Improves/heals spots, acne breakouts, dry flaky skin in literally days. Fresh peppermint smell fades a little after an hour. WARNING: Will sting is used Undiluted on shaved skin or left on skin too long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This stuff is GREAT! I bought the 32 oz. bottle for $8.99 at Trader Joe's and it lasts seemingly FOREVER (and a day)! LOVE the scent (though it doesn't linger on the skin) and the tingle is worth $9 itself!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Wow! This is like a breathe mint for your body! I've known about this soap for 2 decades now, but never tried it until recently when I received it as a gift. I love the strong peppermint kick, but like others have stated: Be careful near sensitive areas! If you're looking to get squeaky clean, this soap is for you. It really does strip away all traces of oil and dirt. I was also surprised by the explosion of lather. Wow! I will definitely keep a bottle of this on hand.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this cleanser/soap for over 6 months and I must say that is it an excellent body wash. I would never use the peppermint kind for the face since most minty extracts irritates my face and I have oily but sensitive skin. I use this as a body wash in the warmer months since I sweat pretty hard when the weather warms up. I would be careful with this stuff around your genitals since it can make it uncomfortable sensation, but great for those who suffer from mild body acne. I would be careful with this cleanser depending on what kind of water you have. When I was in school, I think the town used well water or underground water and when using this soap, it stripped off everything, even nail polish.

on 10/6/2005 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Although I loved the smell, the soap was too harsh on my already dry skin. I wanted to try this because it was all natural but overlooked the fact that peppermint is not actually moisturizing. What got on my nerves was the freakin' bottle. I bought the 32 oz. and dropped it on my toe a few times cuz it was so heavy. The consistency of it is rather watery so that makes it harder to dilute and harder to pour. Don't use this on your face (I learned the hard way). The plus of this product is that it lasts a long time.

Popular Gels/Soaps