Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this soap for years, on everything, even cleaning my house and washing my hair, i use the almond formula because it's gentler, and is the only thing i use to wash my face

on 5/24/2013 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this exclusively to wash my brushes and it does a really good job of that. The product is fairly inexpensive for the large bottle and the scent is strong, but I think it cleans thoroughly and doesn't leave the brush hairs dry or frizzy, so for brush cleaning I highly recommend. I am not sure how it would be on skin and I already have a skincare regime I enjoy and that works for me, so I am not curious about how it works on my skin, but perhaps it would be a good body wash, however there are plenty of good body washes out there. Won't need to repurchase anytime soon as I bought the huge bottle!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's perfect for really hot and humid climates that make you feel warm and get you sweating the minute you step out of the shower. Peppermint is a natural refrigerant, so it keeps the body really cool. Lathers nicely, cleans very well and smells super fresh.

Plus it's fairly traded and all natural without the dirty dozen ingredients!

on 8/23/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

LOVE this stuff. It emulsifies well, smells fantastic, and leaves me squeaky clean (but not dry). A little of this goes a long way, so you don't use that much per use. Meaning, one bottle lasts a long time! I've repurchased this many times, and the peppermint one is still my favorite. I've tried the lavender one as well, but definitely prefer this one.

on 7/28/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i just stepped out of the shower. my bf bought this yesterday and has been raving about it. he washed his dog with it, used it as a body wash (awesome he says) and tried to brush his teeth with it (totally gross he says). i just used it to wash my hair and it feels SOOO good! very tingly, definitely stimulating my scalp. i washed my face with it, felt awesome all over except my poor little eyeballs were on fire for a couple of seconds. it really got points when it took ALL of my eye makeup off! i had NO raccoon eyes (had on bb long wear eyeliner and eye shadow, plus mascara!). it did leave my face dry as hell afterwards though (but very clean), so definitely moisturize. i used it on my VAGINA and butthole and it didnt BURN at all, just felt that refreshing tingle. :) i will update after using for a couple of weeks, but for now, its totally worth the money. OH-and it lathers like crazy! im impressed...btw: i would NOT use this on my son, he has eczema and this would dry his poor skin out like crazy. sensitive skinned people should steer clear, this would be too drying. i have very oily, acne prone, thick skin so this is great for me. lippie off for flip top (too wasteful), better if it was a pump.
UPDATE!!!!!!!! 07-28-2010
ok, by the time i posted the review above and went to bed, my skin felt like there was a "chalky" layer on it. gross! and then, dont even get me started on my HAIR this morning! it was so nasty-completely oily and seperated/gnarly. i had to hop back into the darn shower and re-wash my hair with regular shampoo. it felt fantastic on my body-all tingly, but i dont like that residue left behind. im bummed because i was so ready to replace all my other products with just this! but again, it got ALL of my eye makeup off in one shot and thats pretty darn impressive. so one lippie for removing eye makeup, one lippie for that awesome peppermint feeling and thats IT.
UPDATE 07-30-2010
ok, i gave it another lippie because i used it again but this time with a scrubbing cloth and i didnt get that "residue". so im STOKED! again, the pepermint was soooo refreshing on my body. i only wish i could use it as a shampoo as it made my scalp tingly. i will buy this just to strictly use as a body scrub. works great for that :)

on 4/21/2010 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This helps clear congested skin! I bought it for my FACE of all things. I thought I was buying the unscented but as you can see - it's hard to see what the scent is when you're just in grab-and-go mode at the store. Actually, it was a fortunate accident because I have been struggling with breakouts and whiteheads for literally months and as soon as I started using this on my face they started to subside and clear up. The pimples even dried up and disappeared! The only thing is, it is pretty drying so you have to alternate this with another gentler cleanser and moisturize well with a good moisturizer. I am so happy with the results - and it's a lot of bang for your buck bc it barely takes any at all for your face and it's a great price for how much you get! If you are fighting white heads daily like I am used to, give it a try, buy the small bottle and see what you think. Worst case scenario you can use it as your shower soap.

on 11/16/2009 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the idea of using all natural organic products on my skin, and thankfully this is one of the best. After reading that you can use it to clean almost anything, from the car to washing the dog, I decided to give this a try. I liked how they formulated their soap; instead of just washing away dirt and grime and leaving a residue, Dr. Bronner's soaps absorb the dirt and grease and once you rinse, you wash it away. I incorporated this into my facial routine and I have not had any problems what so ever.It does not make my face oily or greasy throughout the day and I usually use it in the morning and evening before bed The tingly feeling of the peppermint feels great on your skin (especially on a hot day), my skin feels soft and supple afterwards, refreshed, and rejuvinated. I also use this as a body wash when I run out of my usual soap, and it delivers the same feeling. . The packaging is so unique. The travel size bottles only dispense a few drops depending on how much you shake out, but you only really need a small amount in order to make a lather. This product costs anywhere from $2-$7/$9.00 depending on what size you get.

on 9/28/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

LOVE THIS STUFF! This is the most invigorating body wash I've ever used, and I always feel squeaky clean. Yes, it can feel pretty intense...down there, lol, but as long as you dilute it well and use the suds, it's not bad at all. It's a great pick me up in the shower, especially since I'm not a morning person. I only wish it had a pump, because the large bottle is awkward to hold in the shower and very easy to drop. So, I transfer it to smaller bottles. I also use it as a facial cleanser. I love the cool, tingly sensation. I don't feel that it's too drying, especially since I follow up with my Merlot Grapeseed moisturizer. I have very oily skin though, so for those who have dry/normal/sensitive skin, it may not be suitable for you. It seems to keep my skin clear and smooth. I'd like to try the tea tree oil soap next. I use this in the AM and my Cetaphil cleanser at night. I've heard that it can make hair straw-like so I have yet to try it as a shampoo. It's great for shaving your legs though. As for brushing your teeth with it...never again! I didn't like the soapy taste at all. It felt like it took forever to completely wash it out my mouth. I'll stick to my regular toothpaste. lol It really is an amazing all-in-one product though. I also use it as a shower, tub, and toilet bowl cleaner and this stuff works SO well. I couldn't believe it! I didn't even have to scrub vigorously or anything. It really does dissolve the dirt and grime. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/22/2008 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This soap is great for many reasons. Its organic, all natural ingredients are not likely to irritate your skin or cause toxic build-up that regular chemical-laden soaps do.

Peppermint smells like candy canes or mint tea. Its smells strongly of mint, refreshing & delicious! I find that it gets me cleaner than other soaps (actually all the Dr Bronner soaps cleans my body better than regular soaps). Squeaky clean, refreshed & tingly is how I feel when I'm done showering. I don't recommend it for face& genitals because the peppermint can tingle too much for those sensitive areas.

I tried it diluted for my dishes & panties, and it works just as good as dishwashing soaps. I prefer this since its good for the skin & environment. My house smells so yummy after I'm done cleaning with this. It cuts/cleans dirt, grease & oil extremely well.

I don't recommend using this for toothpaste. I tried it since I read some reviews that it can be used for brushing teeth. YUCK, it was just like washing my mouth out with soap. It is soap and although its multi-purpose, it is not desirable for toothpaste.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I developed a sensitivity to many of the chemicals in most mainstream cosmetics, and I was at a loss about what to do because I'm a product junkie. I love trying out things. I discovered this soap in bar and liquid form at Whole Foods. For a person with oily skin and hair, the Peppermint is the BEST!!! Especially during the summer months. The lemon soap has a tightening and detoxifying effect. It's a great replacement for the cellulite cream I had to give up, especially when mixed with seaweed oil.

Popular Gels/Soaps