Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is a miracle worker! I get REALLY bad migraines, and had read that peppermint is a great natural treatment. Luckily I live in walking distance from a natural food market & they sold their biggest bottle 64 ozz? for 10 dollars on a semi annual special. A little does go a long way, and lasted about 4-5 years. I've used it for baths, laundry, cleaning my cat litter box, spot remover on carpet. This is amazing. There's always a great sale on these. I've even bought the unscented Baby (light turquoise) bottle & use that as well for laundry, spot treatment, and washing my pets.

on 10/4/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a really terrible experience with this product. I was sent a sample of the peppermint soap and thought I would try it out in the shower one night...big mistake.
I diluted it a bit and then lathered it up over my body. The first thing I noticed was the smell, which I wasn't a fan of, then how thin and watery it was and how dry it made my skin feel. This next part was the worst though. Please bear in mind I did not actually use it on my nether region, but it must have got down there as I was washing the rest of me, as I started burning really painfully down there all of a sudden. The next ten minutes involved me swearing like a sailor and sitting under the shower trying desperately to wash it away. But the burning only got worse, it felt like my crotch had been dipped in acid. After I got out of the shower I was incredibly inflamed and sore. I couldn't believe it as I thought this stuff was meant to be gentle! It is now two days since the incident and I am still tender and red. I have never ever reacted this way to any other product before, my skin is not sensitive and I use a peppermint oil on my face, so I don't know why it reacted that way on me. I would not recommend this product at all, and if you are using it, keep it far away from sensitive areas!

on 10/23/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is just perfect. Been using it for ages. Very refreshing, very concentrated, and just makes you feel clean. I use it on my face as well as body, and it's good for handwashing delicates, but that's as far as it goes. I've tried all the uses listed on the bottle at some point in my life--and trust me, don't go there with the toothpaste suggestion.

on 1/5/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this soap! This is our summertime soap as it leaves a cool feeling on your skin and the scent of mm peppermint wakes you up! love that there are no toxic chemicals in it either!

on 9/13/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

For economical reasons, I purchased this product and poured half into our kitchen and bath pump decanters to wash hands / wrists only. I don't use for bath, shower, hair, etc as it may be too drying. Pleasant minty smell - but definitely use a hand lotion after if you have extra dry skin. I would think this is a great soap for bathing kids. Also used it to wipe down the kitchen counter. Would not purchase again.

I'm hooked on my favorite Williams Sonoma kitchen lemon hand soap. Hands down the best hand soap out there, but unfortunately, the most expensive --- it is truly moisturizing. Worth the treat if you can afford it.

on 6/29/2013 11:14:00 PM

I use this only as a body soap and shampoo; haven't ventured into other uses yet. In the shower I squirt a little bit on my pre-moistened loofah and it leaves me feeling very clean and refreshed. Smell is nice. Mostly I like how natural it is, without all the additives that are out there these days. Since I use it every other day or so and try to cover every inch of my skin - that's a lot of chemicals potentially being absorbed! I used it once as a bath soap but won't do that again - the peppermint was a little, um, "tingly" and I ended up cutting that bath short! :-)

For a shampoo, I find that it's great when I need a really deep clean for my oily scalp/fine/limp but thick head of hair. It seems to dry out my scalp REALLY easily, so I only use it for clarifying once a week or so when I remember.

PROS:
-Inexpensive
-Huge bottle
-Multiple uses
-Natural/free of frightening ingredients

CONS:
-Can be harsh if used too often in hair
-Don't use in a bath!!

on 5/25/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love all things natural. And this is a staple in all that I use, whether in my house or on my body. First, the house. I clean with only chemical-free cleaners and I make most of it myself, simply because I think it's healthier. This is an ingredient is most all of the cleaners I whip up. Just google castille soap, the uses are endless and this is by far the best out there. Smells amaze too.

Now onto my bod... I use the peppermint and the almond scent. I use the bar though. It's amazingly refreshing. I even use it on my face at night with my clarisonic, and it also takes off eye make like a dream. However, the peppermint can be a bit drying when used often on the face. Not the almond though. Keeps my skin clean, bright, and spot-free. BF calls the almond "marzipan" and he loves the scent. Side note, BF says the peppermint burns his man parts. Yup.

on 11/14/2011 4:48:00 AM

I just bought the 18 in 1 hemp and peppermint soap and made it into a shampoo by using 1/3 c soap to 16 ounces brewed green tea and one tblsp olive oil. I put this into a spray bottle because it's a little watery. I shake it up in the shower and spray my head and it lathers really well and smells heavenly, also doubles as a face and body wash. The peppermint and warm water is such a delicious way to wake up. I follow this with a ACV rinse, again, in a seperate little spray bottle, and comb with a wide tooth comb while still in the shower. It makes my hair fluffy soft, clean and light. I've been looking for healthier alternatives to shampoo for a while and am so delighted with this soap. It's really quite cheap because it works best on hair and body when diluted. And I love that it's Vegan.

Yes, yes, and yes to this soap. I am a lifelong addict from now on. It is perfectly mild and non-irritating, and the peppermint is a perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. I have the most finicky, sensitive skin when it comes to soaps, and this has not irritated me in the least. I used it in place of my facial cleanser one day in a pinch, and let's just say I threw my facial cleanser away once I found it. I get so many compliments on my skin when I use this in conjunction with a good moisturizer. Try this soap in any variety! The lavender is just as great.

Strangest thing... broke out in a head-to-toe rash

I do NOT have sensitive skin in the least! I can pretty much slather anything on without my skin reacting negatively.

I used it the first day and it was delightfully invigorating! A little more drying than my past body washes but nothing that concerned me since I moisturize after the shower anyway.

The second day however, about 5 minutes after showering and moisturizing, most of my body was covered in red blotches. They weren't itchy or painful, just red and unsightly. The redness subsided completely within an hour but I will have to return this to the store in favor of something without peppermint (I assume that is what caused the reaction since it is the only ingredient that I haven't used in skin care products).

I am willing to try another Dr. Bronner's castille soap product that is less drying, and doesn't contain any menthol etc. I will conclude that this was simply luck-of-the-draw and I'm sure it's a fabulous product for most people.