Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG alert!

Roll out the red carpet, this amazing stuff is the star of the show.

What would I do without it? Cry, that's what. I'd go out with a sweaty, hirsute retail manager with a fierce unibrow and a huge, hairy mole on his face if it meant I could get my hands on this magic juice.

I'd sell my annoying, disco music loving hobbit of a neighbor to the nearest dictator,

I would throw my fiancé out a third story window, who usually doesn't deserve that.

I would...well, you get the point.

Currently, I use the peppermint soap bar to clean my beauty blender and my other favorite sponge, the big purple one from the Crème Shop (I found this little gem at a nearby Marshall's, and it only cost me a whopping $4 or so). It's much cheaper and more effective than the Beauty Blender solid cleaner.

Disclaimer: I would never actually throw my fiancé out a third story window. I would at least give him a fighting chance to hit the ground running by tossing him from a mere second story window.

I'm generous like that.

You're welcome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is ASTOUNDING. Composed of so many good and natural ingredients, it has a plethora of uses.

One of my top uses is as a body wash. I only wash my body every other day or so as water works just fine when my body is covered by clothing, but when I do, Dr. Bronner's makes it a treat, as it foams very well (without surfactants), smells nice and cleans very well. I also use it to clean my makeup brushes, as an overall cleaning product, and even as a SHAVING foam - I mix some coconut oil with some Dr. Bronner's in my hand, and it leaves my legs very soft + with far less irritation and ingrown hairs as I used to have.

This stuff is so great, I would vote for a law that atleast a bottle of this be required in every household. You can get several different sizes, I have both a 2oz bottle for travel and an 8oz bottle in my bathroom, I believe the 2oz was $1.50 and the 8oz was $9. For such quality and low price, you just can't go wrong with this stuff.

on 10/7/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I am not a big fan of Bronner soaps if they are used standalone. They are way too alkaline and harsh for use on skin :(
However, I found a blog which shows how to make liquid soap out of the bar soap at a lesser cost. Basically cut the soap into pieces and add hot water. Let stand for few hours until a liquid soap is formed. This soap is extremely versatile as a laundry detergent, mild cleaner for house and also a soap. Credit goes to the blog for this info. Of course it does not look like the Dr.Bronner's Liquid castile soap sold in stores but for $4 you get a big bottle of castile soap made.

Now here is my *secret* - on it's own, the castile soap is quite alkaline pH ~ 9.5 and may be very harsh for the skin or hair. With it's high pH, the only uses for castile soap (for me) are as a detergent or for cleaning the house. However, the ph can be toned down by using sesame oil. Sesame oil has a low pH. Mix whipped or plain sesame oil into the liquid soap and it can be used safely on skin and hair. In fact it becomes a gentle, soothing cleanser and can also double up as a shampoo. The ratio of castile soap to sesame oil varies depending on skin/hair tolerance to castile soap. I use more sesame oil vs castile soap. Sesame oil can be substituted by olive or coconut oil (non-refined, virgin, cold-pressed).

on 8/20/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

There are others that have clearly figured out how to use this soap effectively but it didn't work at all for me:

HAIR
-leaves a tacky coating on human hair and dog fur. You feel like your hair is never really cleansed. It's as if there's a light wax coating your hair.
-doesn't seem to clean that well
-hair looks flatter and seems to enhance the appearance of flyaways

SKIN
-doesn't take off a lick of make up
-doesn't clean your skin well
-leaves a coating

I'd rather wash my hair with dial soap than this cleanser.

on 8/18/2014 1:36:00 PM

Love this soap! I purchased a small bottle at my drug store and fell in love with it. I purchased the big bottle at my grocery store. And I now refuse to use any other soap except this one. I love it! I've only tried the peppermint kind and so far it's my favorite. I am not a fan of the other scents. I've been on the hunt for the baby kind to use on my daughter. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff I will use it until the day I die!

on 7/29/2014 7:00:00 PM

Utter bombage. I. LOVE.THIS.STUFF. Again, as I point out in my other reviews due to the fact I live on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean on a couple of small rocks and EVERYTHING I like has to be imported, this stuff is a slightly higher price point for NZ than for other parts of the world. Totally worth it. You just need a squirt on your loofah (or Salux cloth) and you get heaps of pepperminty, invigorating lather. I have very dry skin and this does not irritate my skin like a lot of other soaps, nor does it increase the dryness of my skin. According to the bottle you can use it to wash your hair, the dishes, your dog, car etc LOL. And reading the bottle is an entertainment as well (ALL IN ONE! ALL IN ONE!!) My husband loves it and it makes the bathroom smell amazing. I think another reviewer pointed out that you may get a bit of a surprise if you get it on your ''lady bits''. It doesn't hurt or feel unpleasant, its just...noticeable is all due to the peppermint lol.

I usually purchase the Lavender scented one (my favorite♡) but this time I decided to try out peppermint. I usually shower at night and this soap makes me feel soooo cold! :( I love the tingle in shampoos but in body washes.. not so much. I also like relaxing in my towel for a while before putting clothes on, but this soap makes it impossible! I just wanna throw on my hoodie and sweats ASAP! I guess I'll use it all up, but as soon as im done with this one, im going back to my lavender :'(

on 3/29/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Really enjoying this soap so far! I use it as a face and body wash. My face has cleared up quite a bit in the past month that I started using this. I still break out, but dramatically less.

A few notes: after diluting it, it can be hard to lather or use with my Clarisonic. I'll try a foaming pump as a previous reviewer suggested. Also, they say you can use this as a shampoo, but I find it makes my scalp too oily.

I'll definitely keep using this! Not only has it cleared up my skin, it's also inexpensive for the amount of product you get, and it's all-natural.

on 10/24/2013 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried both the bar soap and the liquid soap. For use with a loofah, I like bar soap better. The liquid is so thin and runny that it disappears into loofah as soon as you pour it. I only use the soap in shower and to wash my hands. Maybe because it is made with mostly oil, it doesn't dry out my body like other soap. The funny thing is when I wash my face with this, it makes my face dry. I don't have the courage to try it on my hair. Be careful not to get it in your eyes. It stings so bad.

on 7/2/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I too was skeptical about the packaging but my boyfriend had it in his shower one day...and now I am hooked! Love the smell and the way it feels! Love Love Love!