Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 6/26/2014 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like to use this as body wash in the summer since the peppermint is VERY BRACING. I didn't find the lather difficult to adapt to, caused no irritation, price isn't bad for the size and it's not full of harmful chemicals. My husband and I can share, since it's not a feminine scent. He works in extreme heat all summer, so he really likes the cooling effect. I like it!

on 1/5/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this soap! This is our summertime soap as it leaves a cool feeling on your skin and the scent of mm peppermint wakes you up! love that there are no toxic chemicals in it either!

on 3/14/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this and the lavender several years ago and liked them. I rebought this after seeing the video on Netflix about it. I like it as a body wash and face wash but definitely NOT as a shampoo. The consistency is oily but when I put it in my hair it became very hard and crusty almost and was hard to wash out. My face hasn't broken out at all using this and the smell is great in the morning!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have mad love for this soap. Raving mad love. Absolutely NOTHING makes me feel more refreshed than this stuff. So far, this summer has been a little slice of hell, and this soap is heaven in a bottle. In fact, I use it every season. Yes, it tingles and makes my skin feel literally cold, but it's so... awakening. So renewing. It also strikes a perfect balance between cleansing and moisturizing; my skin never feels stripped and never feels filmy or over-moisturized. The fragrance is a perfect peppermint that helps clear my sinuses a bit, too.
I also love the packaging. I have nothing against the "All-One" jargon all over the label. I'm anything but a religious person, but for some reason, the entire thing is visually endearing, in an old-fashioned way. It makes me feel like I purchased it from an old-timey... "shoppe"... or apothecary, or something. It's kind of masculine, and a break from all of the cutesy, girly bottles of my other bath products.
My only gripe with this stuff is the fact that it can make me break out a little bit on my back once in a while- not enough to not use it, but enough to dock a lippie. Regardless, I've been using this soap for almost a year and nothing's made me want to stop. It's amazing, and a huge bottle costs about $9.99. Love.

(PS: DON'T LET THIS GET IN YOUR JUNK. It just... doesn't feel nice.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this soap! I love the cool sensation it gives when you use it in the shower and it is fantastic for pedicures! (Thanks to the viewer below for the suggestion!) I also use it to mix in with some sea salt to create a lovely peppermint foot scrub! There are so many great uses for this soap, I recently discovered it's great properties for use around the house - to clean the dishes and wash my fruits and vegetables. :) I'll definitely repurchase this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This smells so good, works well, and has a tingling cooling sensation. I love that you can use it to clean the house, laundry, my body, and hair. It clears up acne fast and takes off make up easily leaving behind no residue. It's best when you put a cap of it in hot bath water and just relax. When I get out my body feels like jelly and I just want to lay down and take a nap.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So hands down...im obsessed...

I purchased this the other day from Trader Joe's. I believe that this is the cheapest place you can get it (in store and online). My roommate uses it and after researching I decided I should try it out.

I've only used it on my body and face. I love the way it made my skin feel. I felt squeeky clean. I guess some may say that it could be drying, but I use cream lotion and baby oil gel as soon as I leave the shower, so I never have issues with soaps drying my skin. I also used it on my face, and same issue...I have very oily skin in general so I loved the squeeky clean feeling this gave my skin. I use an oil free moisturizer (sometimes mixed with a the tiniest amount of honey) and continue with my normal face routine. This body wash is an amazing addition to my morning. Its so refreshing.

I also love how much you get! This is how I rationalize...lets say you purchase a bottle of dove for $3.50-4.00...great price right? Yes....however, how much of the product d oyou use on a daily basis? I find myself going through a large bottle in less than a month. Dr. Bronners requires soooo little product for each use. I use exfoliating gloves to shower...and I put MAYBE a pea sized amount, and that may be too much...and enough lather to wash my entire body. I use tell than that for my face. Once I complete an entire bottle I will update.

I know now unless some freak accident happens I will be using this for a very long time (and hopefully other scents). ALSO...I have very long hair, and I use a lot of product in it (when I wear it curly I use a leave in conditioner and curl enhancer, and when straight I use Argan Oil before heat styling) and i find that sometimes they irritate my skin. I dont have body acne, but when I get out the shower and my conditioned hair is on my skin, sometimes my hair will cause a rash, a fine layer of bumps....when using this soap i find that it cleans my skin so well other things dont irriate my skin as much...this may just be for me...but I see a few other reviewers say that its cleared up there skin as well.

I was thinking of trying this as shampoo when I do a mayonaise conditioning masque on my hair (followed by a richer shampoo)...if I do this I will update my review again.

on 5/2/2011 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I will do this review based on what I have used it for:

shampoo: great! clarifying, a little goes a long way, it would prolly be drying if used all the time, but I don't know. I only use it about every 5 washes.

toothpaste: ew...whose idea was this? you may as well brush your teeth with soap

hand soap: I put it in one of those foaming dispensers..its golden!!

Overall: smells great, economical, many uses!!

on 7/28/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i just stepped out of the shower. my bf bought this yesterday and has been raving about it. he washed his dog with it, used it as a body wash (awesome he says) and tried to brush his teeth with it (totally gross he says). i just used it to wash my hair and it feels SOOO good! very tingly, definitely stimulating my scalp. i washed my face with it, felt awesome all over except my poor little eyeballs were on fire for a couple of seconds. it really got points when it took ALL of my eye makeup off! i had NO raccoon eyes (had on bb long wear eyeliner and eye shadow, plus mascara!). it did leave my face dry as hell afterwards though (but very clean), so definitely moisturize. i used it on my VAGINA and butthole and it didnt BURN at all, just felt that refreshing tingle. :) i will update after using for a couple of weeks, but for now, its totally worth the money. OH-and it lathers like crazy! im impressed...btw: i would NOT use this on my son, he has eczema and this would dry his poor skin out like crazy. sensitive skinned people should steer clear, this would be too drying. i have very oily, acne prone, thick skin so this is great for me. lippie off for flip top (too wasteful), better if it was a pump.
UPDATE!!!!!!!! 07-28-2010
ok, by the time i posted the review above and went to bed, my skin felt like there was a "chalky" layer on it. gross! and then, dont even get me started on my HAIR this morning! it was so nasty-completely oily and seperated/gnarly. i had to hop back into the darn shower and re-wash my hair with regular shampoo. it felt fantastic on my body-all tingly, but i dont like that residue left behind. im bummed because i was so ready to replace all my other products with just this! but again, it got ALL of my eye makeup off in one shot and thats pretty darn impressive. so one lippie for removing eye makeup, one lippie for that awesome peppermint feeling and thats IT.
UPDATE 07-30-2010
ok, i gave it another lippie because i used it again but this time with a scrubbing cloth and i didnt get that "residue". so im STOKED! again, the pepermint was soooo refreshing on my body. i only wish i could use it as a shampoo as it made my scalp tingly. i will buy this just to strictly use as a body scrub. works great for that :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love this stuff! i first bought it because i heard it was good to clean piercings with. then i started using it for everything else! im in love with the minty smell and tingly sensation. i use it as a body wash, face wash, shampoo, and on my pets. i love how its all natural and doesnt test on animals. will be repurchasing!