Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.6

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is a miracle worker! I get REALLY bad migraines, and had read that peppermint is a great natural treatment. Luckily I live in walking distance from a natural food market & they sold their biggest bottle 64 ozz? for 10 dollars on a semi annual special. A little does go a long way, and lasted about 4-5 years. I've used it for baths, laundry, cleaning my cat litter box, spot remover on carpet. This is amazing. There's always a great sale on these. I've even bought the unscented Baby (light turquoise) bottle & use that as well for laundry, spot treatment, and washing my pets.

I kind of owe this stuff my livelihood. I've have very thin hair that is incredibly prone to greasiness. I had a hard time growing it out too, kind of just accepted that I'd always have short hair. There was a point where I was also scared I was going bald (from how thin my hair is). Anyway i did a little research and somehow stumbled across this. I started using it as a shampoo and my hair has drastically improved. I have long hair now, something I thought I'd never have. I no longer worry about balding. The peppermint stimulates my scalp which leads to healthy hair growth. In just 2 years of use my hair has grown to a length that i never thought possible. Also helps with the greasiness as well, which has improved my self confidence greatly. It leaves a weird feel in your hair after you wash it, but that goes away once you use conditioner. Only thing that sucks is that it burns like a mother f**cker if you get it in your eyes on accident. Small price to pay for such a wonderful shampoo. It has been a miracle product for me, and you can't beat the price. 12 bucks for a big bottle that will last you months.

I have used this as a body wash and a shampoo. I absolutely love it as a body wash you will experience a cooling sensation. As far as a shampoo it makes my hair slightly greasy so I have to use baking soda in conjunction with it and even with the baking soda it is not my favorite to use as a shampoo. It is great if you have psoriasis or other skin disorders because peppermint has a calming effect on the skin.

NO sls is great! (It tears up my mouth (degreaser/foaming agent), dries my skin & scalp.) Smells great and a little goes a long way.

People + water friendly!

on 1/1/2010 11:32:00 AM

I would buy this again and again for my laundry needs, but not as a bath/body product.

Even diluted, I find this awfully drying to my skin and to the folks who say it is "refreshing" to use in intimate areas-I say "you are serious masochists!" This strips your skin rather than "just" cleaning it.

As a laundry aid, I would not be without this. I never need to use fabric softener (I do use rubber dryer balls), my clothes are soft and clean and do not carry any scent. I have no fading of colored clothes and this is very economical product. One squirt cleans a full load of laundry-white or colored.

It's also great for washing the plastic cat litter box (I used undiluted), as I do not worry that the felines are getting noxious chemicals on their pads.

on 9/28/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

LOVE THIS STUFF! This is the most invigorating body wash I've ever used, and I always feel squeaky clean. Yes, it can feel pretty intense...down there, lol, but as long as you dilute it well and use the suds, it's not bad at all. It's a great pick me up in the shower, especially since I'm not a morning person. I only wish it had a pump, because the large bottle is awkward to hold in the shower and very easy to drop. So, I transfer it to smaller bottles. I also use it as a facial cleanser. I love the cool, tingly sensation. I don't feel that it's too drying, especially since I follow up with my Merlot Grapeseed moisturizer. I have very oily skin though, so for those who have dry/normal/sensitive skin, it may not be suitable for you. It seems to keep my skin clear and smooth. I'd like to try the tea tree oil soap next. I use this in the AM and my Cetaphil cleanser at night. I've heard that it can make hair straw-like so I have yet to try it as a shampoo. It's great for shaving your legs though. As for brushing your teeth with it...never again! I didn't like the soapy taste at all. It felt like it took forever to completely wash it out my mouth. I'll stick to my regular toothpaste. lol It really is an amazing all-in-one product though. I also use it as a shower, tub, and toilet bowl cleaner and this stuff works SO well. I couldn't believe it! I didn't even have to scrub vigorously or anything. It really does dissolve the dirt and grime. Will definitely repurchase.

The best body wash, hands down. If I'm not using the original Dove bar, I like reaching for this. This is so refreshing all year-round, since I live in the tropics... truly a lifesaver after a balmy night on the town. I even think the packaging is perfect. The quirky sayings on the bottle are a hoot. I buy this by the bulk at my local Vitamin World whenever they have specials. I also use this as a face wash in a pinch whenever I run out of my Aveeno calming face wash. I agree with the "dilute... dilute" advice. It does have peppermint oil in it, so yes, do DILUTE!

on 8/24/2008 7:07:00 PM

LOL re: efrey's review....exactly my sentiments too. It is a household panacea and it makes you tingle. On hot days..I live on the Gulf Coast, I like to use it with a buffing mitt...like I imagine the korean spa ladies would use on you..and it makes you feel like you are a walking york peppermint patty afterwards.

on 5/24/2008 5:02:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I really admire this product, for what it stands for and what it says. It tingles so joyously and smells/feels like heaven. One trick I learned is while taking an unbearably hot bath, cleanse the body all over w/ diluted Bronner's peppermint, then go right back to soaking in the hot water. You'll feel immersed in something icy, cool, tingly for a long time...it literally changes the temperature of the bath, as you'll feel.

Plus I love taking a sponge-bath (?) w/ it. Fill sink or bucket, then use a splash of the stuff, and a small hand/face towel as a face pack, and then massage the cloth all over. Directions are right there on the bottle.

on 7/1/2007 4:53:00 AM

If like me, you like an intense, squeaky-clean, tingly-cool shower experience, this is the best. If not, stay away. I'd been looking for a real cooling, tingly peppermint shower gel for ages. Avalon didn't make my skin tingle at all, the other one I tried (forgot the brand name) had SLS in it, which I like to stay away from. I've been watering this down, though I realise using it undiluted makes the tingly effect stronger, so I'm probably gonna use it undiluted and hope it doesn't dry my skin out. I loved this stuff so much I went straight out and bought a couple more Dr Bronner's liquid and bar soaps. But I still prefer this the best for a revitalising shower.