Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 10/4/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a really terrible experience with this product. I was sent a sample of the peppermint soap and thought I would try it out in the shower one night...big mistake.
I diluted it a bit and then lathered it up over my body. The first thing I noticed was the smell, which I wasn't a fan of, then how thin and watery it was and how dry it made my skin feel. This next part was the worst though. Please bear in mind I did not actually use it on my nether region, but it must have got down there as I was washing the rest of me, as I started burning really painfully down there all of a sudden. The next ten minutes involved me swearing like a sailor and sitting under the shower trying desperately to wash it away. But the burning only got worse, it felt like my crotch had been dipped in acid. After I got out of the shower I was incredibly inflamed and sore. I couldn't believe it as I thought this stuff was meant to be gentle! It is now two days since the incident and I am still tender and red. I have never ever reacted this way to any other product before, my skin is not sensitive and I use a peppermint oil on my face, so I don't know why it reacted that way on me. I would not recommend this product at all, and if you are using it, keep it far away from sensitive areas!

on 8/20/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

There are others that have clearly figured out how to use this soap effectively but it didn't work at all for me:

HAIR
-leaves a tacky coating on human hair and dog fur. You feel like your hair is never really cleansed. It's as if there's a light wax coating your hair.
-doesn't seem to clean that well
-hair looks flatter and seems to enhance the appearance of flyaways

SKIN
-doesn't take off a lick of make up
-doesn't clean your skin well
-leaves a coating

I'd rather wash my hair with dial soap than this cleanser.

on 9/8/2012 12:51:00 PM

You know these moments when you buy a product because of the rave reviews and coz you get intrigued by some crazy all-in-one-concept and the moment you use it you wish you had listened to that ONE bad review and saved the pain and money?
That's exactly the way I feel right now.
I used the soap today to shower and while doing so used it on body, face and hair... and let me start off by saying on the body it seems ok. But not anything special really except for the tingling sensation... but on the face and hair... it was a disaster!!! Although I diluted the product my face still feels desert dry (although I used my clinique moisturizer afterwards which normally takes care of any horrible dryness like even chapped lips etc.) and the hair is a dry, tingly mess!!! Actually it is so frizzy I didn't even know possible. I look as if I came out of the jungle... and even if I did it'd still be an awfull case of jungle-frizziness!
Not to mention that my bathroom smells as if some crazy witch had performed some kind of ritual around a crackling fire in there. And looking at my hair I even might be tempted to think that has exactly been the case.

Right now I just wonder if my face and hair will ever get back to normal and when the moment will come I can ppl let enter my bathroom again...
For the hair I might try my face moisturizer on it coz the hair moisturizers won't do the job to save it.

So, summing up... an unnesseccary experience. A bar of soap would habe done the same for my body I guess. And looking back now I don't know what led me to think that a product which can be used to wash your car with would be great on face and hair. Actually I guess you could use carwash as well on face and body if you just dilute it well enough.

Hm... let's save the planet some other way please!!! ... Otherwise it's end-of-world-looks anyway here!

on 5/28/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This didn't do anything for me except wash makeup brushes! I've tried everything- face wash, body wash/gel, bath bubbles- terrible dry skin afterwards!! Very good for cleaning makeup brushes... but I'll just use my regular hand soap for that! Thank goodness I bought the small size at Target.

on 3/19/2008 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a natural favorite for many people (see below and probably above) but not for me. Castile soap has that soapy cling that makes me scratch like a dog. Plus you have to do some serious tub cleaning when you use a soap like this. It does smell great but I dislike the film. And I have diluted it. But if you want an inexpensive natural product and don't ming the castile feeling, then it is perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Sorry folks, I love the scent from the bottle, BUT CANNOT USE THIS, i just tried the liquid version of this dr. bronners liquid peppermint, i didnt feel clean, plus it highly irritated my whole body, with sore red skin, did ok as a hair shampoo, but i never will use this again, unless the company can come up with ultra sensitve skin wash for irritated skin like mines, I tried ALL there body washes, Even the baby one, forget it, I tried to Love there products, BUT CANT!!!!

on 3/30/2005 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ugh! I can not fathom WHY people like these products. (Unless you are a hippie, or simply do not care about premature aging, or have SUCH dirty, nasty, oily skin that you need to be sandblasted.) This soap STRIPS away everything - good and bad - and that is NOT GOOD for those of us who want to fight off the effects of aging. Do NOT use this on your face and be very careful using it on your body. HARSH, HARSH, HARSH.

on 12/29/2004 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason to buy this product is if you are extremely bored in the shower and need something to read. The label on this product contains some really crazy theories about life written by, I suppose, Dr. Bronner himself. Otherwise, although this soap is sold in health-food stores, it is horrible-smelling and will completely dry your skin out. I like the idea that it could be used to wash everything from hair to clothing, but the promises this soap makes don't hold up to the awful experience of using it. Stay away from this product unless you'd like to use laundry detergent on your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't like castle soap, especially the peppermint kind.

Once I used it in the shower, and a very intimate part of my body was burned pretty badly.

What I also dislike about castle soaps is that they leave a residue. No matter how I use them, my skin (or hair for that matter) has a coating on it.

I usually purchase the Lavender scented one (my favorite♡) but this time I decided to try out peppermint. I usually shower at night and this soap makes me feel soooo cold! :( I love the tingle in shampoos but in body washes.. not so much. I also like relaxing in my towel for a while before putting clothes on, but this soap makes it impossible! I just wanna throw on my hoodie and sweats ASAP! I guess I'll use it all up, but as soon as im done with this one, im going back to my lavender :'(