Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

So far I've been LOVING this!!! Thanks to my fellow MUA'ers <3 This soap works great for removing ALL makeup, and as a refreshing body wash.. I have been using this with an electric face brush and following up with Bio Oil and my skin has never looked better!! Save your pretty pennies on expensive cleansers and give this a go, a beauty holy-grail for me... and I'm PICKY with products!!

Oily, Combination, Acne Prone, Hormonal acne approved!!!

So far no complaints. I have been using this soap as a face wash to help my cystic acne. I have not seen any clear up but it does sooth my face . I love the peppermint and I mix a little of this stuff in my shampoo before peppermint helps hair growth. It is a bit expensive and that's why I expected more.

I LOVE this stuff. Been using it for years and just bought another bottle. I mix a little of this with baking soda to make a really minty scrub for my body. I am one of those people who thinks the mintier the better. Sometimes I will make it so strong it brings tears to my eyes in the shower. It can be a little drying so I only use it a couple times a week. It is also not cheap but well worth it.

I kind of owe this stuff my livelihood. I've have very thin hair that is incredibly prone to greasiness. I had a hard time growing it out too, kind of just accepted that I'd always have short hair. There was a point where I was also scared I was going bald (from how thin my hair is). Anyway i did a little research and somehow stumbled across this. I started using it as a shampoo and my hair has drastically improved. I have long hair now, something I thought I'd never have. I no longer worry about balding. The peppermint stimulates my scalp which leads to healthy hair growth. In just 2 years of use my hair has grown to a length that i never thought possible. Also helps with the greasiness as well, which has improved my self confidence greatly. It leaves a weird feel in your hair after you wash it, but that goes away once you use conditioner. Only thing that sucks is that it burns like a mother f**cker if you get it in your eyes on accident. Small price to pay for such a wonderful shampoo. It has been a miracle product for me, and you can't beat the price. 12 bucks for a big bottle that will last you months.

on 3/25/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is so versatile. And safe especially if you have pets. I use it to wash my face, hair, floors, tub, makeup brushes, etc. I love using to wash my hot yoga clothes which can get pretty stinky if they sit too long. It really does feel squeaky clean. A bit drying and tingly but I still love it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is a miracle worker! I get REALLY bad migraines, and had read that peppermint is a great natural treatment. Luckily I live in walking distance from a natural food market & they sold their biggest bottle 64 ozz? for 10 dollars on a semi annual special. A little does go a long way, and lasted about 4-5 years. I've used it for baths, laundry, cleaning my cat litter box, spot remover on carpet. This is amazing. There's always a great sale on these. I've even bought the unscented Baby (light turquoise) bottle & use that as well for laundry, spot treatment, and washing my pets.

on 10/4/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a really terrible experience with this product. I was sent a sample of the peppermint soap and thought I would try it out in the shower one night...big mistake.
I diluted it a bit and then lathered it up over my body. The first thing I noticed was the smell, which I wasn't a fan of, then how thin and watery it was and how dry it made my skin feel. This next part was the worst though. Please bear in mind I did not actually use it on my nether region, but it must have got down there as I was washing the rest of me, as I started burning really painfully down there all of a sudden. The next ten minutes involved me swearing like a sailor and sitting under the shower trying desperately to wash it away. But the burning only got worse, it felt like my crotch had been dipped in acid. After I got out of the shower I was incredibly inflamed and sore. I couldn't believe it as I thought this stuff was meant to be gentle! It is now two days since the incident and I am still tender and red. I have never ever reacted this way to any other product before, my skin is not sensitive and I use a peppermint oil on my face, so I don't know why it reacted that way on me. I would not recommend this product at all, and if you are using it, keep it far away from sensitive areas!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a refreshing morning body wash. It never dries out my skin and lathers very well in the shower with a pouf. I have used the fragrance-free baby mild, lavender and almond ones; really which ever is available at the time when I have run out of my current bottle. I always dilute this in a 99 cent travel bottle to save space and product. I occasionally use this to wash my clothes in our front loading machine and it gets out most stains when I combine it with really hot water.

I am in love with Dr. B's products! The peppermint soap is by far the best out there. I use the bar soap to larger and shave my legs and it makes any razor burn I could potentially have pretty much nonexistent. It smells great, feels wonderful on the skin, and isn't too drying.

on 12/11/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is classic, has basic ingredients, and very multi-purpose. I always have the tiny ones in my bag for travel, and I refill them with a bigger sized bottle (it's most cost efficient that way). My favorite scents are rose and mint. You can technically use these for any purpose in a pinch, but it's better for some tasks than others. I've listed a few ways you can use this soap below and how well it serves that purpose:
SHAMPOO: Gets the grease out, and I mean it really gets your hair squeaky clean, up till the point it can be a bit drying. If my hair really needs a good wash, I may mix this in with my shampoo, but generally, a milder hair product is probably more ideal.
BODY SOAP: Perfect for this purpose. Super refreshing and clean; the peppermint one makes your skin feel so fresh and tingly!
FACE WASH: Similarly to shampoo, I find this can be a bit drying for my sensitive skin. However, I've never had any severe adverse effects or rashes to this, so it can be more suitable for oilier skin types. I still use this when I have nothing else on hand to wash my face.
HOUSEHOLD CLEANER: Really good! Perfect for dishes, messes, etc. Free from toxic chemicals that you wouldn't want to ingest. Also makes things smell good.
SHAVING CREAM: Pretty okay in a pinch; it does what it needs to do and you can simultaneously wash your body and shave, which is nice. But I generally prefer my shaving products to be creamier and more moisturizing.
So in conclusion, it is not the BEST at doing every task, but for the sheer amount of multi-purpose uses, this classic castile soap gets a 10/10 in my book!