Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this again. Backstory- I used this over 6 months ago with some other products recommended by YouTubers skincare routines. I really wanted to clear my acne. Involved was oil cleansing with coconut oil, using this cleanser with or without a spin brush, witch hazel toner and Aloe Vera moisturizer.

This worked well but I swore off it a while because while using that routine I had the worst breakout ever that lasted months. In retrospect I realize now it was all to do with PH. This cleanser is basic. Your face is acidic. This coupled with coconut oil, filled with fatty acids and it's heavy overall, caused a fungal acne breakout.

Now I'm reintroducing only this cleanser because I truly believe it made my skin look amazing and cleared my acne before the breakout. Basically my skin got to its best ever point and then crashed down into its worst. Tragic. This time, I'm making sure I tone with a gentle acid after to return my skin closer to its natural PH. I do think the biggest mistake was the combination of coconut oil (which I realize now my skin dislikes) and the basic cleanser. Using it alone may be fine I just want to be careful.

Pros-
-cheap and lasts a long time.
- I love peppermint and it's a natural product.
- really clears my acne and calms my skin. Makes skin feel very thoroughly cleaned. I enjoy the cool feeling.
-lathers beautifully and is very easy to use.
-works amazing with a spin brush but I've stopped using mine.
-can also be used for basically anything else. Dishes, cleaning, hand soap etc.

Cons-
- a lot of people say peppermint is irritating to skin, but I've personally noticed the opposite reaction in my skin.
- the pH still concerns me but the acid toning should help. I use the Pixi glow tonic

I'll update if anything changes drastically.

I love, love, love Dr. Bronner Peppermint Castile Soap. This is the miracle product that does it all, and does it well. I clean with it, wash dishes, laundry, body wash, floor, you name it. I wash veggies with it. I don't know exactly how but when it says Magic Soap, it is absolutely no baloney. Love it!!!!

So far I've been LOVING this!!! Thanks to my fellow MUA'ers <3 This soap works great for removing ALL makeup, and as a refreshing body wash.. I have been using this with an electric face brush and following up with Bio Oil and my skin has never looked better!! Save your pretty pennies on expensive cleansers and give this a go, a beauty holy-grail for me... and I'm PICKY with products!!

Oily, Combination, Acne Prone, Hormonal acne approved!!!

So far no complaints. I have been using this soap as a face wash to help my cystic acne. I have not seen any clear up but it does sooth my face . I love the peppermint and I mix a little of this stuff in my shampoo before peppermint helps hair growth. It is a bit expensive and that's why I expected more.

I LOVE this stuff. Been using it for years and just bought another bottle. I mix a little of this with baking soda to make a really minty scrub for my body. I am one of those people who thinks the mintier the better. Sometimes I will make it so strong it brings tears to my eyes in the shower. It can be a little drying so I only use it a couple times a week. It is also not cheap but well worth it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is a miracle worker! I get REALLY bad migraines, and had read that peppermint is a great natural treatment. Luckily I live in walking distance from a natural food market & they sold their biggest bottle 64 ozz? for 10 dollars on a semi annual special. A little does go a long way, and lasted about 4-5 years. I've used it for baths, laundry, cleaning my cat litter box, spot remover on carpet. This is amazing. There's always a great sale on these. I've even bought the unscented Baby (light turquoise) bottle & use that as well for laundry, spot treatment, and washing my pets.

I kind of owe this stuff my livelihood. I've have very thin hair that is incredibly prone to greasiness. I had a hard time growing it out too, kind of just accepted that I'd always have short hair. There was a point where I was also scared I was going bald (from how thin my hair is). Anyway i did a little research and somehow stumbled across this. I started using it as a shampoo and my hair has drastically improved. I have long hair now, something I thought I'd never have. I no longer worry about balding. The peppermint stimulates my scalp which leads to healthy hair growth. In just 2 years of use my hair has grown to a length that i never thought possible. Also helps with the greasiness as well, which has improved my self confidence greatly. It leaves a weird feel in your hair after you wash it, but that goes away once you use conditioner. Only thing that sucks is that it burns like a mother f**cker if you get it in your eyes on accident. Small price to pay for such a wonderful shampoo. It has been a miracle product for me, and you can't beat the price. 12 bucks for a big bottle that will last you months.

on 3/25/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is so versatile. And safe especially if you have pets. I use it to wash my face, hair, floors, tub, makeup brushes, etc. I love using to wash my hot yoga clothes which can get pretty stinky if they sit too long. It really does feel squeaky clean. A bit drying and tingly but I still love it.

on 12/11/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is classic, has basic ingredients, and very multi-purpose. I always have the tiny ones in my bag for travel, and I refill them with a bigger sized bottle (it's most cost efficient that way). My favorite scents are rose and mint. You can technically use these for any purpose in a pinch, but it's better for some tasks than others. I've listed a few ways you can use this soap below and how well it serves that purpose:
SHAMPOO: Gets the grease out, and I mean it really gets your hair squeaky clean, up till the point it can be a bit drying. If my hair really needs a good wash, I may mix this in with my shampoo, but generally, a milder hair product is probably more ideal.
BODY SOAP: Perfect for this purpose. Super refreshing and clean; the peppermint one makes your skin feel so fresh and tingly!
FACE WASH: Similarly to shampoo, I find this can be a bit drying for my sensitive skin. However, I've never had any severe adverse effects or rashes to this, so it can be more suitable for oilier skin types. I still use this when I have nothing else on hand to wash my face.
HOUSEHOLD CLEANER: Really good! Perfect for dishes, messes, etc. Free from toxic chemicals that you wouldn't want to ingest. Also makes things smell good.
SHAVING CREAM: Pretty okay in a pinch; it does what it needs to do and you can simultaneously wash your body and shave, which is nice. But I generally prefer my shaving products to be creamier and more moisturizing.
So in conclusion, it is not the BEST at doing every task, but for the sheer amount of multi-purpose uses, this classic castile soap gets a 10/10 in my book!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a refreshing morning body wash. It never dries out my skin and lathers very well in the shower with a pouf. I have used the fragrance-free baby mild, lavender and almond ones; really which ever is available at the time when I have run out of my current bottle. I always dilute this in a 99 cent travel bottle to save space and product. I occasionally use this to wash my clothes in our front loading machine and it gets out most stains when I combine it with really hot water.