Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

I am in love with Dr. B's products! The peppermint soap is by far the best out there. I use the bar soap to larger and shave my legs and it makes any razor burn I could potentially have pretty much nonexistent. It smells great, feels wonderful on the skin, and isn't too drying.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG alert!

Roll out the red carpet, this amazing stuff is the star of the show.

What would I do without it? Cry, that's what. I'd go out with a sweaty, hirsute retail manager with a fierce unibrow and a huge, hairy mole on his face if it meant I could get my hands on this magic juice.

I'd sell my annoying, disco music loving hobbit of a neighbor to the nearest dictator,

I would throw my fiancé out a third story window, who usually doesn't deserve that.

I would...well, you get the point.

Currently, I use the peppermint soap bar to clean my beauty blender and my other favorite sponge, the big purple one from the Crème Shop (I found this little gem at a nearby Marshall's, and it only cost me a whopping $4 or so). It's much cheaper and more effective than the Beauty Blender solid cleaner.

Disclaimer: I would never actually throw my fiancé out a third story window. I would at least give him a fighting chance to hit the ground running by tossing him from a mere second story window.

I'm generous like that.

You're welcome.

To Read all 357 Reviews, Login or Join

You can use this product for almost all your cleaning needs from face wash to body wash to cleaning your floors to cleaning your dishes to cleaning makeup brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only use a very diluted Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap on the days that my face is hating me. When my face is red and covered with acne, Dr Bronner's is the one I turn to for acne fighting face wash. After use, I immediately apply a moisturizing face lotion. The redness is reduced and I can feel the acne is shrinking when I rung my-clean- hands over them.

Dr Bronner's is very strong-even after diluted- so I don't use this everyday. I have read from other reviewers that with daily use, the soap dries them out despite using a moisturizer. I definitely believe that this product will do that. However, when used once a week or only when you're breaking out... it's perfectly fine and works wonders!

Bottle lasts a while. I buy the smaller bottle. Works great as a refreshing body wash. It can be drying for some people but I don't have an issue.

on 6/6/2015 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've only recently started using this but I'm a fan.

My shower ritual for about a year now has been lathering a Salux cloth with black soap (dudu-osun), scrubbing, then afterwards using a body wash. Haven't really invested much in shower gels so they've usually been off the shelf of a supermarket, those Dove so-and-sos and Lux whatevers which always promise the scent of something that never exists, like a Tahitian Sunrise with Coconut. Very drying.

So I've thrown out my Salux and worn my bar of soap down to a nub and have decided to switch it up by using Dr Bronner. I've been meaning to buy it for a while, and the natural ingredients and range of scents really appeal (less so, the endless writing on the labels).

I enjoy everything peppermint (gum, tea, ice-cream, leaves etc) so am pleased with the strong scent that comes out of the bottle. The soap is a bit runny but gives a soft, considerable lather.

I'll see how it goes but it seems like a nice simplification of my bath routine and the natural ingredients are a plus. It's also cheap for what it offers and the bottle is easy to use. I'm planning to dilute it as some users have suggested, which will make it last even longer.

Doesn't seem to affect my ladyparts either, they like mint as much as I do! ;)

EDIT: After using for weeks, I've decided to put my bottle away. It's very drying. Even though I make sure to moisturise afterwards, it gives my skin an uncomfortable dry feeling. I also diluted it in a pump bottle as per many reviews here, and found that even worse - just little squirts of foam onto my sponge.

It's not as bad as cheap commercial body washes but I'm switching to Korres and seeing if that helps. The mint scent and feel was lovely but it just felt like a letdown. The price is still good, the packaging okay, but I'm going to try some more moisturising shower products.

on 2/16/2015 11:03:00 AM

I used this for many years to clean my makeup brushes. A lot of beauty gurus on YT have tried to take credit for the idea, but I don't think most of them were born when I read that, I believe, Bobbi Brown used it to clean her makeup brushes. Anyway, I found that the consistency of it changed fairly quickly after I opened the bottle--from liquid to gelatinous, and it would gunk up the opening of the bottle something fierce. It wasn't the best brush cleaner either, so I used up my last 16 ounce bottle and then never repurchased. Beautyblender solid is worlds better for cleaning brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is ASTOUNDING. Composed of so many good and natural ingredients, it has a plethora of uses.

One of my top uses is as a body wash. I only wash my body every other day or so as water works just fine when my body is covered by clothing, but when I do, Dr. Bronner's makes it a treat, as it foams very well (without surfactants), smells nice and cleans very well. I also use it to clean my makeup brushes, as an overall cleaning product, and even as a SHAVING foam - I mix some coconut oil with some Dr. Bronner's in my hand, and it leaves my legs very soft + with far less irritation and ingrown hairs as I used to have.

This stuff is so great, I would vote for a law that atleast a bottle of this be required in every household. You can get several different sizes, I have both a 2oz bottle for travel and an 8oz bottle in my bathroom, I believe the 2oz was $1.50 and the 8oz was $9. For such quality and low price, you just can't go wrong with this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this soap for years, on everything, even cleaning my house and washing my hair, i use the almond formula because it's gentler, and is the only thing i use to wash my face

on 10/24/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this soap! We bought a big bottle to take camping, and every person in our big group grabbed this to use. Its so refreshing and cleared up my sons bad breakout in just a few days - and I love that its environmentally friendly. If your skin is sensitive to dryness I would not use, but I adore this for summer weather.