Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap

Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille Soap
Hemp Peppermint Castille SoapHemp Peppermint Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils (w/ retained glycerin), organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil, organic mentha arvensis, sea salt, citric acid, vitamin e

on 12/11/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is classic, has basic ingredients, and very multi-purpose. I always have the tiny ones in my bag for travel, and I refill them with a bigger sized bottle (it's most cost efficient that way). My favorite scents are rose and mint. You can technically use these for any purpose in a pinch, but it's better for some tasks than others. I've listed a few ways you can use this soap below and how well it serves that purpose:
SHAMPOO: Gets the grease out, and I mean it really gets your hair squeaky clean, up till the point it can be a bit drying. If my hair really needs a good wash, I may mix this in with my shampoo, but generally, a milder hair product is probably more ideal.
BODY SOAP: Perfect for this purpose. Super refreshing and clean; the peppermint one makes your skin feel so fresh and tingly!
FACE WASH: Similarly to shampoo, I find this can be a bit drying for my sensitive skin. However, I've never had any severe adverse effects or rashes to this, so it can be more suitable for oilier skin types. I still use this when I have nothing else on hand to wash my face.
HOUSEHOLD CLEANER: Really good! Perfect for dishes, messes, etc. Free from toxic chemicals that you wouldn't want to ingest. Also makes things smell good.
SHAVING CREAM: Pretty okay in a pinch; it does what it needs to do and you can simultaneously wash your body and shave, which is nice. But I generally prefer my shaving products to be creamier and more moisturizing.
So in conclusion, it is not the BEST at doing every task, but for the sheer amount of multi-purpose uses, this classic castile soap gets a 10/10 in my book!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a refreshing morning body wash. It never dries out my skin and lathers very well in the shower with a pouf. I have used the fragrance-free baby mild, lavender and almond ones; really which ever is available at the time when I have run out of my current bottle. I always dilute this in a 99 cent travel bottle to save space and product. I occasionally use this to wash my clothes in our front loading machine and it gets out most stains when I combine it with really hot water.

on 10/4/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a really terrible experience with this product. I was sent a sample of the peppermint soap and thought I would try it out in the shower one night...big mistake.
I diluted it a bit and then lathered it up over my body. The first thing I noticed was the smell, which I wasn't a fan of, then how thin and watery it was and how dry it made my skin feel. This next part was the worst though. Please bear in mind I did not actually use it on my nether region, but it must have got down there as I was washing the rest of me, as I started burning really painfully down there all of a sudden. The next ten minutes involved me swearing like a sailor and sitting under the shower trying desperately to wash it away. But the burning only got worse, it felt like my crotch had been dipped in acid. After I got out of the shower I was incredibly inflamed and sore. I couldn't believe it as I thought this stuff was meant to be gentle! It is now two days since the incident and I am still tender and red. I have never ever reacted this way to any other product before, my skin is not sensitive and I use a peppermint oil on my face, so I don't know why it reacted that way on me. I would not recommend this product at all, and if you are using it, keep it far away from sensitive areas!

I am in love with Dr. B's products! The peppermint soap is by far the best out there. I use the bar soap to larger and shave my legs and it makes any razor burn I could potentially have pretty much nonexistent. It smells great, feels wonderful on the skin, and isn't too drying.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG alert!

Roll out the red carpet, this amazing stuff is the star of the show.

What would I do without it? Cry, that's what. I'd go out with a sweaty, hirsute retail manager with a fierce unibrow and a huge, hairy mole on his face if it meant I could get my hands on this magic juice.

I'd sell my annoying, disco music loving hobbit of a neighbor to the nearest dictator,

I would throw my fiancé out a third story window, who usually doesn't deserve that.

I would...well, you get the point.

Currently, I use the peppermint soap bar to clean my beauty blender and my other favorite sponge, the big purple one from the Crème Shop (I found this little gem at a nearby Marshall's, and it only cost me a whopping $4 or so). It's much cheaper and more effective than the Beauty Blender solid cleaner.

Disclaimer: I would never actually throw my fiancé out a third story window. I would at least give him a fighting chance to hit the ground running by tossing him from a mere second story window.

I'm generous like that.

You're welcome.

You can use this product for almost all your cleaning needs from face wash to body wash to cleaning your floors to cleaning your dishes to cleaning makeup brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only use a very diluted Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap on the days that my face is hating me. When my face is red and covered with acne, Dr Bronner's is the one I turn to for acne fighting face wash. After use, I immediately apply a moisturizing face lotion. The redness is reduced and I can feel the acne is shrinking when I rung my-clean- hands over them.

Dr Bronner's is very strong-even after diluted- so I don't use this everyday. I have read from other reviewers that with daily use, the soap dries them out despite using a moisturizer. I definitely believe that this product will do that. However, when used once a week or only when you're breaking out... it's perfectly fine and works wonders!

Bottle lasts a while. I buy the smaller bottle. Works great as a refreshing body wash. It can be drying for some people but I don't have an issue.

on 6/6/2015 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've only recently started using this but I'm a fan.

My shower ritual for about a year now has been lathering a Salux cloth with black soap (dudu-osun), scrubbing, then afterwards using a body wash. Haven't really invested much in shower gels so they've usually been off the shelf of a supermarket, those Dove so-and-sos and Lux whatevers which always promise the scent of something that never exists, like a Tahitian Sunrise with Coconut. Very drying.

So I've thrown out my Salux and worn my bar of soap down to a nub and have decided to switch it up by using Dr Bronner. I've been meaning to buy it for a while, and the natural ingredients and range of scents really appeal (less so, the endless writing on the labels).

I enjoy everything peppermint (gum, tea, ice-cream, leaves etc) so am pleased with the strong scent that comes out of the bottle. The soap is a bit runny but gives a soft, considerable lather.

I'll see how it goes but it seems like a nice simplification of my bath routine and the natural ingredients are a plus. It's also cheap for what it offers and the bottle is easy to use. I'm planning to dilute it as some users have suggested, which will make it last even longer.

Doesn't seem to affect my ladyparts either, they like mint as much as I do! ;)

EDIT: After using for weeks, I've decided to put my bottle away. It's very drying. Even though I make sure to moisturise afterwards, it gives my skin an uncomfortable dry feeling. I also diluted it in a pump bottle as per many reviews here, and found that even worse - just little squirts of foam onto my sponge.

It's not as bad as cheap commercial body washes but I'm switching to Korres and seeing if that helps. The mint scent and feel was lovely but it just felt like a letdown. The price is still good, the packaging okay, but I'm going to try some more moisturising shower products.

on 2/16/2015 11:03:00 AM

I used this for many years to clean my makeup brushes. A lot of beauty gurus on YT have tried to take credit for the idea, but I don't think most of them were born when I read that, I believe, Bobbi Brown used it to clean her makeup brushes. Anyway, I found that the consistency of it changed fairly quickly after I opened the bottle--from liquid to gelatinous, and it would gunk up the opening of the bottle something fierce. It wasn't the best brush cleaner either, so I used up my last 16 ounce bottle and then never repurchased. Beautyblender solid is worlds better for cleaning brushes.