Chanel Glossimer - Sirop ] [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Glossimer - Sirop  ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

I LOVE this lip gloss. This is the only gloss I have ever bought more than once. It is so pretty on my lips. It's a smooth sheer coral pink and I can't live without it. I just bought a back up on ebay.

After reading great things about Sirop on the boards, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this $27 lip gloss. Though in the tube it is an intimidating coral pink, in the pictures and swatches it looked like a gorgeous sheer watermelon pink.
I am pretty fair (lm tm in nude is a tad dark for me) with fairly pigmented lips, and I think this gloss is too bright for me. On me it goes on the same color as it looks in the tube. It's pretty and everything but not what I was looking for or expecting. It would look gorgeous on someone a bit darker than myself.
I'm still giving it a 4 because the texture is amazing. It is so smooth and not the slightest bit sticky, it lasts for hours and has no scent or flavor.
I would not repurchase this color but will purchase other glossimers in the future.

on 3/2/2009 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought Sirop and I love it. I was a little worried that it wouldn't show up against my tan skin and pigmented lips but I was worrying for no reason. It comes on me as a pinky nude color. There is nothing coral about it on me.

on 3/16/2009 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a really pretty gloss. It's moisturizing and smooth. This gloss has really surprising staying power and besides all that I would not recommend this because of the price. Its too expensive. I would never pay full price for this. I only bought this gloss because I had a gift card but I would buy it ever again.

on 1/5/2009 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sirop looks gorgeous in the tube: a neon pink-peach-coral without any shimmer, a truly awesome summer shade. However, on my unpigmented lips it turns a garish bright pink and clashes with my medium-tan skin. There aren't any coral or peach tones in this at all on me. 3 lipsticks for the formula: very glossy, long-lasting and non-sticky.

on 2/18/2009 3:36:00 PM

Sirop is one my favourite lipglosses. Looks like a very bright coral pink colour in the tube but leaves a sheer, juicy, pinky peach colour on my quite pigmented lips. This has become one of the glosses I reach for the most, especially in the summer as it looks great with a simple bronze eye and slightly tan skin. As with all glossimers. leaves no sticky feeling and has no scent which I love. Glossimers are on the expensive side but in my opinion are worth the extra for the beautiful texture and pretty range of shades. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

(Click continue for swatch)

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The color of this gloss is not bad, however I am not crazy about the glossimer formula, it seems to apply and look streaky on my lips, could be because my lips are so pigmented on their own. I do like that its not so glittery like most other glossimers. Its about medium coverage, still allows your lip color to show through. They are also not cheap : )Will not repurchase due to formula.

on 9/21/2008 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was a little bit embarassed telling my DH that I spent so much on this lipgloss but I love the way it looks with my tanned NC40 skin. On good days I don't even have to wear blush!

on 11/12/2008 4:16:00 PM

This is the holy grail of lipgloss for me. I bought my first tube in the summer of 2002 when it first came out, and have probably been through a dozen or so tubes. The subtle coral-y pink brightens up my fair, slightly peachy skin, and I my daily make-up routine is this with Nars creme blush in Cactus flower and black mascara. I used to think that it was too summery to wear during the cold months, but I gave that up and wear it year round.
Worth every penny!

on 10/24/2008 12:32:00 PM

Beautiful, my favorite by far! Just a subtle hint of healthy coral pink color. The lasting power is great and prove very moisturizing for lips. I think this might be discontinued (couldn't find it anymore on the Chanel website), which is really a shame.