Secret Platinum Clear Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As someone who has had an odor/perspiration challenge for years, I have finally found my HG of deodorants/ antiperspirants. It seems like I've tried just about everything. I had rashes with the products that worked; the 'gentler' formulas just didn't do their job. This product is wonderful; I've been using it for a couple years now, and I haven't had any skin irritation or rash. The gel glides on smoothly and dries quickly, whereas I've found the solid stick varieties to drag on the skin. This does not stain clothes (unlike the white solids). Most importantly, it really works! I just wish there was more product in the container. If you are prone to allergic reactions and are looking for something that really works, give this a try! I give the same high recommendation for Secret Scent Expressions clear gel. I use both, as I enjoy the different subtle fragrances (except anything with lavender or baby powder!). I like switching them up. I always have a couple spares on hand; this and Scent Expressions are the only ones I'll buy.

on 12/23/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The store was out of my top three choices, so bf grabbed this. My first thought was "ick take it back ick ick ick" - I hate gels, always have.

But, I was in a pinch. I know you're supposed to put them on a dry arm and let it dry, so I did that. A quick swipe of a tissue dried my underarms, and I put on a thin layer of this on each arm. I put it on before doing my hair - arms up and moving around, drying it. That's not my usual order, but I thought I'd try it.

It hasn't kept the wetness completely at bay - when fixing my bra strap I felt some, and thought, "Oh, great, I'm sweating" - so I did a finger sniff check. It was just a little dampness, but it didn't smell, at all. It was just "powder fresh" water, basically. A little annoying, but overall, with the experience, I'm liking it more and more. I'm especially liking that it's not on my clothes!

I'll probably repurchase, though there'll be some shopping around other gels now that I've given this a try and gotten nice results. I'll post more opinions as I try more products!

I remember now why I don't like gel deodorants--they stain your clothes. At the end of a day of having this stuff on, it turned the underarms of my lavender shirt pink! Thankfully, it was back to normal after scrubbing with soap and water, but I think I will stick to solids from now on. Gels tend to bleach or discolor clothes. I mean, who has time to "let their deodorant dry?" I usually just put some on as one of the last things before I leave the house.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this at the grocery store because they didnt have my scent of the Soft solid deodorant. So I bought it in the gel form. I went running in a tanktop[its warm here] and it worked REALLY well, no sweat at all. So I get out of the shower earlier and put my shirt on, then I realize my shirt was stained.I had to rinse it out really fast or it would have stayed. It did come out, but it almost didnt. I like the fact that the deodorant kept me odor and sweat free, but I HATE that it stains my shirt. I will use this when I go running in my old clothes, but not for everday use. I think ill stick to the soft solid!

**EDIT**
I realized that you should let the deodorant dry before you put a shirt on and it wont stain your shirt. I went running earlier and I think I ran about a mile and I didnt sweat at all! I LOVE this deodorant

this product did nothing for me in terms of sweating... the only upside is that it smells good... i have it in english blossom....