Secret Platinum Clear Gel

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/3/2009 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't think it was possible to actually make an unusable deodorant, but I have just been proved wrong. Bought this on a whim because of the scent (arctic apple), which was actually really nice, but this turned out to be an awful product. When I put it on it felt like a cold slime on my armpits until it dried to a gross white crustiness that pretty much coated my clothes. I've never given much thought to deodorant before, but this was so uncomfortable I couldn't focus on anything else until it was washed off. Not good.

I remember now why I don't like gel deodorants--they stain your clothes. At the end of a day of having this stuff on, it turned the underarms of my lavender shirt pink! Thankfully, it was back to normal after scrubbing with soap and water, but I think I will stick to solids from now on. Gels tend to bleach or discolor clothes. I mean, who has time to "let their deodorant dry?" I usually just put some on as one of the last things before I leave the house.

on 7/20/2007 1:13:00 PM

I have this in "Glacier Mist", a surprisingly nice scent (I usually hate deodorant fragrance), though it's still a touch strong for my taste. (Why can't they make an anti-perspirant that is unscented?) The gel is goopy, and like all gels, takes forever (five to ten minutes) to dry. It does an okay job of keeping me dry (I don't worry about the stink factor since I usually don't) but it leaves white residue on all my shirts. Would not repurchase. Dove did just as good a job in terms of blocking sweat, but didn't take forever to dry, nor did it leave a mess behind. And it's cheaper!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this at the grocery store because they didnt have my scent of the Soft solid deodorant. So I bought it in the gel form. I went running in a tanktop[its warm here] and it worked REALLY well, no sweat at all. So I get out of the shower earlier and put my shirt on, then I realize my shirt was stained.I had to rinse it out really fast or it would have stayed. It did come out, but it almost didnt. I like the fact that the deodorant kept me odor and sweat free, but I HATE that it stains my shirt. I will use this when I go running in my old clothes, but not for everday use. I think ill stick to the soft solid!

**EDIT**
I realized that you should let the deodorant dry before you put a shirt on and it wont stain your shirt. I went running earlier and I think I ran about a mile and I didnt sweat at all! I LOVE this deodorant