Secret Platinum Clear Gel

No Image

2.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As someone who has had an odor/perspiration challenge for years, I have finally found my HG of deodorants/ antiperspirants. It seems like I've tried just about everything. I had rashes with the products that worked; the 'gentler' formulas just didn't do their job. This product is wonderful; I've been using it for a couple years now, and I haven't had any skin irritation or rash. The gel glides on smoothly and dries quickly, whereas I've found the solid stick varieties to drag on the skin. This does not stain clothes (unlike the white solids). Most importantly, it really works! I just wish there was more product in the container. If you are prone to allergic reactions and are looking for something that really works, give this a try! I give the same high recommendation for Secret Scent Expressions clear gel. I use both, as I enjoy the different subtle fragrances (except anything with lavender or baby powder!). I like switching them up. I always have a couple spares on hand; this and Scent Expressions are the only ones I'll buy.

on 5/5/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love it!!! It works, it smells great (all scents) and it does not stain my clothes. It drys well.

on 1/25/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First gel deodorant I've ever used. I bought green apple, from their Sparkle collection. I love it! It's weird to get used to, but it really dries clear and I haven't noticed residue on my clothes. I ran out, so I tried the solid verison, but didn't like it as much. I just went back to the gel, in Brazilian Cherry. The scents are great, suble and sexy.

i finally found the perfect deodorant! i sweat a lot in the summer or in hot weather, and this one actually kept me all dry and smelling great! success for once ha lol

i actually love this deodarent. First of all its really cheap. the best part is that it isn't one of those chalky white deodarents that fall on the floor and smeer and of course ruin your clothes. Its a gel ands its clear so u don't see it, but u know its there bacuse when u put it on its really cool. and it smells really nice. i have glacier mist and its not a strong scent but u could smell it all day long. it actually covers the smell of sweat and of course it stops u from sweating as much. The one thing is that u have to be carful not to push it up to high releasing alot of gel or else your armpits will be really wet and slimy. and yes i will buy it again and again, its my new fav deodarent and im never buying that flacky white deodarent again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this at the grocery store because they didnt have my scent of the Soft solid deodorant. So I bought it in the gel form. I went running in a tanktop[its warm here] and it worked REALLY well, no sweat at all. So I get out of the shower earlier and put my shirt on, then I realize my shirt was stained.I had to rinse it out really fast or it would have stayed. It did come out, but it almost didnt. I like the fact that the deodorant kept me odor and sweat free, but I HATE that it stains my shirt. I will use this when I go running in my old clothes, but not for everday use. I think ill stick to the soft solid!

**EDIT**
I realized that you should let the deodorant dry before you put a shirt on and it wont stain your shirt. I went running earlier and I think I ran about a mile and I didnt sweat at all! I LOVE this deodorant

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only deodorant that I keep buying. I prefer to use gel deodorants over the regular ones because gel ones don't stain your clothes as bad. I recommend this because it's the best deodorant that I've used and it smells so good.

on 12/23/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The store was out of my top three choices, so bf grabbed this. My first thought was "ick take it back ick ick ick" - I hate gels, always have.

But, I was in a pinch. I know you're supposed to put them on a dry arm and let it dry, so I did that. A quick swipe of a tissue dried my underarms, and I put on a thin layer of this on each arm. I put it on before doing my hair - arms up and moving around, drying it. That's not my usual order, but I thought I'd try it.

It hasn't kept the wetness completely at bay - when fixing my bra strap I felt some, and thought, "Oh, great, I'm sweating" - so I did a finger sniff check. It was just a little dampness, but it didn't smell, at all. It was just "powder fresh" water, basically. A little annoying, but overall, with the experience, I'm liking it more and more. I'm especially liking that it's not on my clothes!

I'll probably repurchase, though there'll be some shopping around other gels now that I've given this a try and gotten nice results. I'll post more opinions as I try more products!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have never had much luck with the clear deodorants but I thought I would give this one the benefit of the doubt since it was from Secret. Unfortunately this one did nothing for me and if anything this increased my stink factor. My armpits felt super slimy through out the day and the scent mingled with BO was horrible. Overall it was a very disappointing experience with Secret. :(

this product did nothing for me in terms of sweating... the only upside is that it smells good... i have it in english blossom....