Secret Platinum Clear Gel

No Image

2.9

on 3/3/2009 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't think it was possible to actually make an unusable deodorant, but I have just been proved wrong. Bought this on a whim because of the scent (arctic apple), which was actually really nice, but this turned out to be an awful product. When I put it on it felt like a cold slime on my armpits until it dried to a gross white crustiness that pretty much coated my clothes. I've never given much thought to deodorant before, but this was so uncomfortable I couldn't focus on anything else until it was washed off. Not good.

on 12/29/2008 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this in the past and just hate the gel deodorants....doesn't help at all and leave a gross and white mess on you and your clothes,would never use again..not to mention it broke me out under my arms=(

on 7/24/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yuck! Too wet & didn't keep the wetness at bay & I don't usually sweat much.

I remember now why I don't like gel deodorants--they stain your clothes. At the end of a day of having this stuff on, it turned the underarms of my lavender shirt pink! Thankfully, it was back to normal after scrubbing with soap and water, but I think I will stick to solids from now on. Gels tend to bleach or discolor clothes. I mean, who has time to "let their deodorant dry?" I usually just put some on as one of the last things before I leave the house.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

leaves tons and tons of white on your clothes. impossible to wear with black. the scent is overly strong too, decent job of keeping you dry. will not repurchase. still looking for a product that leaves no white.

on 7/20/2007 1:13:00 PM

I have this in "Glacier Mist", a surprisingly nice scent (I usually hate deodorant fragrance), though it's still a touch strong for my taste. (Why can't they make an anti-perspirant that is unscented?) The gel is goopy, and like all gels, takes forever (five to ten minutes) to dry. It does an okay job of keeping me dry (I don't worry about the stink factor since I usually don't) but it leaves white residue on all my shirts. Would not repurchase. Dove did just as good a job in terms of blocking sweat, but didn't take forever to dry, nor did it leave a mess behind. And it's cheaper!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have never had much luck with the clear deodorants but I thought I would give this one the benefit of the doubt since it was from Secret. Unfortunately this one did nothing for me and if anything this increased my stink factor. My armpits felt super slimy through out the day and the scent mingled with BO was horrible. Overall it was a very disappointing experience with Secret. :(

this product did nothing for me in terms of sweating... the only upside is that it smells good... i have it in english blossom....

on 12/23/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The store was out of my top three choices, so bf grabbed this. My first thought was "ick take it back ick ick ick" - I hate gels, always have.

But, I was in a pinch. I know you're supposed to put them on a dry arm and let it dry, so I did that. A quick swipe of a tissue dried my underarms, and I put on a thin layer of this on each arm. I put it on before doing my hair - arms up and moving around, drying it. That's not my usual order, but I thought I'd try it.

It hasn't kept the wetness completely at bay - when fixing my bra strap I felt some, and thought, "Oh, great, I'm sweating" - so I did a finger sniff check. It was just a little dampness, but it didn't smell, at all. It was just "powder fresh" water, basically. A little annoying, but overall, with the experience, I'm liking it more and more. I'm especially liking that it's not on my clothes!

I'll probably repurchase, though there'll be some shopping around other gels now that I've given this a try and gotten nice results. I'll post more opinions as I try more products!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only deodorant that I keep buying. I prefer to use gel deodorants over the regular ones because gel ones don't stain your clothes as bad. I recommend this because it's the best deodorant that I've used and it smells so good.