Secret Platinum Clear Gel

No Image

2.9

on 7/20/2007 1:13:00 PM

I have this in "Glacier Mist", a surprisingly nice scent (I usually hate deodorant fragrance), though it's still a touch strong for my taste. (Why can't they make an anti-perspirant that is unscented?) The gel is goopy, and like all gels, takes forever (five to ten minutes) to dry. It does an okay job of keeping me dry (I don't worry about the stink factor since I usually don't) but it leaves white residue on all my shirts. Would not repurchase. Dove did just as good a job in terms of blocking sweat, but didn't take forever to dry, nor did it leave a mess behind. And it's cheaper!

this product did nothing for me in terms of sweating... the only upside is that it smells good... i have it in english blossom....

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

leaves tons and tons of white on your clothes. impossible to wear with black. the scent is overly strong too, decent job of keeping you dry. will not repurchase. still looking for a product that leaves no white.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this at the grocery store because they didnt have my scent of the Soft solid deodorant. So I bought it in the gel form. I went running in a tanktop[its warm here] and it worked REALLY well, no sweat at all. So I get out of the shower earlier and put my shirt on, then I realize my shirt was stained.I had to rinse it out really fast or it would have stayed. It did come out, but it almost didnt. I like the fact that the deodorant kept me odor and sweat free, but I HATE that it stains my shirt. I will use this when I go running in my old clothes, but not for everday use. I think ill stick to the soft solid!

**EDIT**
I realized that you should let the deodorant dry before you put a shirt on and it wont stain your shirt. I went running earlier and I think I ran about a mile and I didnt sweat at all! I LOVE this deodorant

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have never had much luck with the clear deodorants but I thought I would give this one the benefit of the doubt since it was from Secret. Unfortunately this one did nothing for me and if anything this increased my stink factor. My armpits felt super slimy through out the day and the scent mingled with BO was horrible. Overall it was a very disappointing experience with Secret. :(

i actually love this deodarent. First of all its really cheap. the best part is that it isn't one of those chalky white deodarents that fall on the floor and smeer and of course ruin your clothes. Its a gel ands its clear so u don't see it, but u know its there bacuse when u put it on its really cool. and it smells really nice. i have glacier mist and its not a strong scent but u could smell it all day long. it actually covers the smell of sweat and of course it stops u from sweating as much. The one thing is that u have to be carful not to push it up to high releasing alot of gel or else your armpits will be really wet and slimy. and yes i will buy it again and again, its my new fav deodarent and im never buying that flacky white deodarent again.

I remember now why I don't like gel deodorants--they stain your clothes. At the end of a day of having this stuff on, it turned the underarms of my lavender shirt pink! Thankfully, it was back to normal after scrubbing with soap and water, but I think I will stick to solids from now on. Gels tend to bleach or discolor clothes. I mean, who has time to "let their deodorant dry?" I usually just put some on as one of the last things before I leave the house.

i finally found the perfect deodorant! i sweat a lot in the summer or in hot weather, and this one actually kept me all dry and smelling great! success for once ha lol

on 7/24/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yuck! Too wet & didn't keep the wetness at bay & I don't usually sweat much.

on 12/23/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The store was out of my top three choices, so bf grabbed this. My first thought was "ick take it back ick ick ick" - I hate gels, always have.

But, I was in a pinch. I know you're supposed to put them on a dry arm and let it dry, so I did that. A quick swipe of a tissue dried my underarms, and I put on a thin layer of this on each arm. I put it on before doing my hair - arms up and moving around, drying it. That's not my usual order, but I thought I'd try it.

It hasn't kept the wetness completely at bay - when fixing my bra strap I felt some, and thought, "Oh, great, I'm sweating" - so I did a finger sniff check. It was just a little dampness, but it didn't smell, at all. It was just "powder fresh" water, basically. A little annoying, but overall, with the experience, I'm liking it more and more. I'm especially liking that it's not on my clothes!

I'll probably repurchase, though there'll be some shopping around other gels now that I've given this a try and gotten nice results. I'll post more opinions as I try more products!