Sephora Balancing Liquid Foundation SPF 15

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/18/2010 4:20:00 PM

I have this product in D25.
I apply it with either a sponge wedge or beauty blender

Con - it's very watery.
The first few times I used i poured out too much.
The coverage is not that great.
End of the day, it make my face look oily

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have this product in D25 (warm natural) and it works pretty well. It goes on flawlessly and evenly. I apply it with either a sponge wedge or a foundation brush. The upsides of this product are that there's SPF 15 and it's oil-free! The downside of this product is the packaging -- you have to pour the product out and it's very watery so you sometimes end up pouring out too much. The other downside I've found is that it doesn't mix well with sweat -- my face actually looks shinier. In addition, it would be better as a pump; less messy. I will not repurchase this product.

I've tried several foundations out and this one is my favorite. I use it in R33, but they don't have that online anymore so I might have to go to a store to purchase it. But it goes on really nice, blends easily, and looks wonderful. I don't need that much coverage for my skin so this works for me. And six bucks for a Sephora brand foundation? You can't go wrong with this.

I hate to say that I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. It was so watery! Maybe my foundation bottle was a defect but then again, it was on sale for $6.00 so I can't complain too much. The SA told me they were changing their foundation bottles which is why they had clearance sales going on. If you already have good skin, then this foundation can be used to even out skin tone. If you are looking for heavy coverage, then stay away from it. Personally, I would just use tinted moisturizer on my good skin days. I give Sephora credit for their vast range of shades. My shade was D20 (I'm a MAC NC 30, Shiseido O40) and it was an excellent match for my yellow based skin. If Sephora changes the formula for this foundation, I will give it another try.

on 12/15/2007 1:19:00 PM

I really like this product. It's at an affordable price and it doesn't make my face oily and gives just the coverage I need. I don't like makeup feeling heavy or cakey; I want it to look natural, and this foundation along w/ the pressed powder give great coverage and hide imperfections and pimples.

on 11/1/2007 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is my favorite foundation I've ever had. I am a pretty oily and sweaty person, and since I started wearing makeup one of my main goals has been to stop the shine on my face. I've tried several products for this, but this is the only one that has worked. It has a perfect amound of coverage, and if I really want to look nice later in the day I can just reapply it in a couple places. I'm scared it's being discontinued though since everyone got it on sale. That's why I bought it without even trying it on. Best impulse buy I've ever made though. It blends really nicely, is not a bit orange or milky or prone to clumping around blemishes, hides acne scarring beautifully. I'll probably use it up before it goes bad, but people should really try this before they go on to more expensive brands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, I have very sensitive skin, that has an oily t-zone, with dry jaw line. This foundation does exactly what it promises, it finds a balance between the two. I am N25, and the color matches really well, and it is a medium coverage foundation, that i build to more coverage when i match it with the cordinating powder compact. My favorite foundation, and looks much better than bare minerals because you can still have that dewy complexion. also for 6 dollars it couldnt be better. the only complaint i have is it is in a bottle, so its a little difficult to get the perfect amount out.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I have extremely acne prone skin and for a while I was going through this vicious cycle of breaking out, recovering, and then breaking out again. It wasn't until I found an esthecian (skin doc) who gave me a daily regimen of products to use that my skin began to clear up. Also..she told me to find an oil free foundation. Seemed easy at first...but after going through a lot of foundations (True Cosmetics Pressed Powder, CG AquaSmooth, Ulta Infinitives Oil-Free Foundation, Revlon Colorstay, Revlon New Complexion, Nars- both Oil Free and Balanced Foundations, Christian Dior Extreme Wear, Chanel Oil Free (I forgot the french name), Cinique Superfit, Bobbi Brown Oil Free foundation, Tarte Smooth Operator, Vincent Lango Water Canvas...etc) it got to the point I thought I would never find the right foundation. Most of the cosmetics out there aren't oil free- and as I learned- even when they are, a lot of times they have additives that can still clog your pores, or they oxidize into the wrong shade, or their tint is just off enough to make you look like a clown). What made it that much harder for me was my skin has light yellow underrtones (but the majority of foundations don't cater to light yellow- only pasty white or beige). So for me..finding a foundation that was a color match, oil free, CHEAP (if possible), and didn't make me break out was a FEAT.

Luckily, because Sephora is having a blowout sale, I decided to try some of their foundations that were 75% off. So many of the foundation shades were out of stock because of the huge sale that I just sort of crossed my fingers and chose colors I thought *might* match online. I also tried the Sephora Liquid to Powder Foundation- but it was not nearly as good as this stuff.

This Balancing Foundation is now my HG and here's why:

1) Oil Free :)

2) SPF 15

3) Feels good on the skin- very light (I tested it and was surprised how it hid my acne scaring and melded into my skin without irritating it)

4) HAS GOOD COVERAGE (which suprised me because it is a light textured foundation)

5) IS ON SALE FOR HELLA CHEAP!!!!! $6 BABY!

6) IT DOESN"T SMEAR OFF OR OXIDIZE (I did a 5 minute test cause I was told by an MA at Nordstrom that foundation usually oxidizes within the first 5 minutes you put it on- and sure enough- no oxidation- and once I put powder on top of it it stayed put even in high heat)

Here's the bottom line- I've tried A LOT of foundations and this one is by far the best for me. If your skin has yellow undertones- at least go to your local Sephora and try this out. They have an awesome color selection and a lot of shades that cater to light, medium, or dark yellow complexions. And you can't beat the price or the quality of the product!

on 8/11/2007 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i really love this foundation because it is so light and also because it covers well. it completely balances out my skin.

on 7/19/2007 4:14:00 PM

Balancing Liquid Foundation by Sephora is a very light foundation- it's miles away from even medium coverage. It is one of the only foundations I've found that looks flawless on my very pale skin; the lightest shade, D05, is a perfect match (and I never find a perfect match). Unfortunately, because this is such a lightweight foundation, it seems as though I have to use about 1/3 of the bottle with each use to build up any real coverage. I have combination oily skin, and this product doesn't make me look oily or flaky. This foundation would be perfect mixed with a liquid highlighter - it blends easily. However, the coverage just isn't enough for me, so I don't normally use it... I would only buy this again if it was on sale for $6 like when I bought it at Sephora last time. UPDATE: This foundation oxidized slightly in the bottle, so it no longer matches me. :( I liked it quite a bit at first, but now that it's too orange, I doubt I'll use it.