NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra Comfortable Face Cream - DAY

3.9

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Glycol Palmitate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Coco Glucoside, Mel/Honey, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Capryloyl Glycine, Sunflower Oil/Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Arachidyl Glucoside, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hordeum Vulgare Cera/Spent Grain Wax, Carbomer, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, 10 Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 10 Decanediol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Solanum Lycopersicum (tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Beta Carotene, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Distearate, Polysorbate 80, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Coumarin, Citral.

I started using this months ago when I began using Tazorac, due to the initial dryness, peeling, sensitivity, etc. This cream is an excellent moisturizer, and doesn't sting or cause redness, even on slightly raw skin. It's a fairly rich cream, but it spreads beautifully and I don't need to use very much. As soon as I apply it, it feels very soothing and hydrating, as if my skin has just taken a drink. It makes my face very soft, and it seems to make my skin look very "plump," if that makes sense. The cream states on the jar that it's for dry skin (I tend to be a bit oily in the t-zone) but so far, so good. I haven't experienced any breakouts due to the cream, although this may not be the best product for those with oily skin. In my opinion, this cream rivals some of the more expensive brands (Darphin, etc) in texture and quality. The cream is not overly perfumed, and has a light, honey-ish scent. I paid $40 CAD for this product, and would repurchase when I run out.

I have dry skin, and in the winter it gets flaky and sometimes red and irritated and I also get peeling around my mouth and nose. I only started using this several weeks ago, so can't say about how it performs in very cold weather. But so far this is excellent at deep moisturizing. It absorbs quickly leaving no shine or grease and is light and rich feeling. I love the aroma, also light. I feel quenched after using this cream. I only use a bit on the ends of my fingers and it is enough for my entire face. I'm very happy with the cream, and I have tried a ton of them!

I used it 4 days ago only on my neck just to see how it performs and whether Im sensitive to its ingredients. My neck area is rather dry whilst I have combo acneic skin. Initial thoguhts was I LOVE THE SMELL- a faint honey and floral fragrance which is not overly sickening. It absorbed straight into the skin on my neck and it is left very matte but it doesnt "feel" moisturised as my neck felt a bit tight so I applied another layer, but it was still the same. I applied yet another layer, and by then it was kinda greasy but it felt comfortable. As I went over-zealous with exfoliation, I had some dry patches on the corner of my mouth, upper lip and eyebrow, so I used a bit of this cream for it. In the morning, my dry patches were not as flakey as before but my neck!!!!!! It was tight and red. It felt so uncomfortable throoughout the day, but I didnt want to give up using it so I continued using it as a neck cream...I didnt dare use it on my face though! And needless to say, my neck is very very sore right now. So this cream is a no-no for me even though it soothed the dry falkey patches on my face. I will use it up as a hand and foot cream though cos the smell is lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hadn't tried very much from Nuxe until recently, so I figured it was about time! I thought Reve de Miel (priced at $40) for dry and sensitive skin to be perfect for me, and it felt so good to moisturize with at first; rich, luxurious formula which smells simply divine of honey and flowers.

But - the cream isn't compatible with my skin! No matter how small an amount I apply, the cream peels off when I try to massage it in. Not after the first application and not after the second try-out session, but after the third I experienced the peeling effect and then there was no stopping it. If the cream can't be absorbed, it can't very well pamper the skin either, and it also served as a terrible base for makeup.

The packaging is lovely, a little amount goes a long way and the scent is beautiful, but the formula wasn't for me. Do try before you buy!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The texture of the cream is much harder than other creams I've tried. But upon application it becomes very smooth and silky. It is rich but not at all greasy. Very comfortable. I wake up with rested looking skin. I only use this at night. Will repurchase.

I generally like every product I have tried from Nuxe.. this one was too rich for my skin and I had some breakouts. I have been using L'Occitaine cotton/shea butter which has been fantastic in keeping my skin happy. BUT I have been sick lately and my skin has been parched and flakey, sore and tender. Now it works perfectly.. soothes my skin without a single break out. The texture is heavenly as it truly does seem to slip on wihtout aggrivating delicate areas. So I will keep this as a treatment for when the weather is colder or my skin is a bit tender and needs TLC. And the smell is heavenly.

I will recommend it for people who have true sensitive skin, but not great for anyone who has normal skin as it may be too rich. For those people I would suggest creme fraiche as a daily cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes, this cream is comforting to the skin. I enjoyed the softness of my skin for atleast a few hours after applicaton, the cream glides and applies like butter, it melts onto the skin and leaves a somewhat silicone feel (in a nice way) and a glow. However, I still could not justify buying another pot as the hydration did not last for a long time on my skin. after awhile my dry patches returned. anyway, perhaps it is just my very dry skin, but I could imagine this being a HG for someone with normal to combo or slight dry skin only.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this in desperation - my skin had reacted to another product and was dehydrated, hot, red, peely and generally unhappy. The only thing I could tolerate was Emu oil but that wasn't working as a make up base and while my skin calmed a lot with it it was still flakey and dry.
Bought this and did a patch test - no reaction. So tried it on my T zone (less upset than my cheeks) still no reaction so next day applied it all over.
This is a super soothing calming cream my skin just drank it up (you can also use it as a mask). Within a few days my skin was looking much calmer and more moisturised and less flaky. Keeping my fingers crossed my skin still tolerates it after a few uses but so far so good.
The cream itself is a thic but none greasy texture, cooling a soothing to apply and a good base for make up. It smells gorgeous and although not practical for travel the glass jar looks nice and makes it feel luxurious to use.

Ideal for very dry, parched and upset skin.

Edit - sadly this started to break me out and block pores so I had to stop using it. Very soothing and highly moisturising but a bit too rich for my skin.

Edited again to add that I got this out again as my skin had become very dehydrated and flaky following an illness. It has worked brilliantly and I have been using it for 2 weeks now and no breakouts this time. Obviously my skin needs the extra moisturization this time round!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was so close to loving this!! The smell is beyond beautiful and I miss the scent already. Unfortunately, it ended up being anything but comfortable for me. It gradually dried my skin out every time I applied it, making it extremely tight, hot, red, and very, very irritated. All my pores seemed "puckered" and visible, and suspect it could be the amount/type of alcohol used in this product. However, it didn't break me out - I started off applying it to wet skin and as my skin adjusted, I could apply it neat on dry skin without a breakout. It cleared up my skin amazingly, but again, this could be down to its astringent affect. I have very fragile, hyper-reactive skin, so for someone less sensitive, I could understand this working really really well, hence the 4 stars. But I've had to (begrudgingly) ditch this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the new year, because it's meant for sensitive skin. It's supposed to reduce redness, irritations and hard skin. It's a very rich cream that can feel a little greasy if you use too much and, sadly, it did not reduce any redness or irritation in my face at all and since that's the main reason I bought it, I won't be buying it again. I think it's a decent moisturizer for the winter or used sparingly, but it does nothing whatsoever for sensitivity.