Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this fragrance, ligh, fresh, yet sensual at the same time.
I have, though, stopped buying & using Issey Miyake fragrances about 10 years ago as they have never transitioned to being cruelty-free.

An extremely well composed light fragrance opening a whole new area of fragrances when it was launched in 1992 making history.
Today there is only the EDT and EDP (launch 2006) existing. There is a slight distinction in the fragrance. The EDT is somewhat lighter and more "crisp", while the EDP is “rounder” and warmer.
Both last an entire day after application keeping the pleasantness of the fragrance never faltering.

Fragrance composition:

L’Eau d’Issey EDT: The encounter between a Lotus flower and fresh white flowers. Undertone is of precious woods.
Top Notes: Lotus, Freesia, Cyclamen, Rose water
Heart Notes: Carnation, White lilies, Fresh peonies
Base notes: Musk, Amberseed, Tuberose, Osmanthos, Sandalwood, Cedarwood
The new aromachemical Calone had been starting to appear in fragrances like 1991 but it really took on a starring role in L'Eau d'Issey.
Perfumer: Jacques Cavallier

EDP: The encounter between a Lotus flower and sun-drenched yellow flowers. Undertone is of precious woods.

These fragrances are still as exciting as they were in the 90s and definitely worth a try.

This is one of my favourite fragrances of all time. This is the perfume my partner got for me for our first Valentines day, have loved it ever since. The smell is not so strong but it does last for a while. Brings back great memories.

I love this fragrance!!

Osmanthus
Tuberose
Amberseed
Musk
L'Eau D' Issey is a Floral Perfume...Smells like Soft Flowers & Soap...Lovely for Spring & Summer...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

L'Eau d'Issey was the first nicer fragrance I ever received in a full size bottle. Somehow, in the early 2000s, I had gotten ahold of a sample of this, and it was instant love. It is bright and beautiful without being pretentious or sweet. I love the freshness of this perfume. I have gone through a couple of bottles in the intervening years, and although I don't wear it often, I still have a bottle in my medicine cabinet to wear when I get the urge.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful, very long lasting fragrance. Picked this up in the EDT and it easily lasts all day with 2 sprays. I have to be careful not to overdo this. It's floral but very fresh/clean, not a typical floral scent at all. 4.5 because it's not my fav ever but I do love it. Would repurchase.

I love this perfume, i love the scent it suits my style, its long wearing, it might smell a little bit old school for some, but for my style its perfect, im also 17. however, i am sadly allergic to this, i can put it on my clothes no problem, but on my skin it causes it to go all red a blotchy, and swell up:(. also the packaging isnt that good either. im trying to find something similar to this that i wont have an allergic reaction to

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lily and rose water? Not on my skin, a major pass! I will not purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is really the haiku of perfumes, a light floral that is equal mixtures of rose and lotus, almost like a combination of those two Body Shop fragrances. I would definitely describe the image it evokes as a Japanese watercolor painting that captures a garden next to a pond with minimalist strokes. It comes on strong upon application but lingers throughout the day. I like it and would recommend it to others, even though it is not necessarily my style. If you are interested, definitely be sure to get a sample!

Popular Fragrances