Burt's Bees Radiance Night Creme

Burt's Bees Radiance Night Creme

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, almond oil, vegetable glycerin, stearic acid (vegetable fat), tapioca, cholesterol, glucose (sugar), lecithin, royal jelly powder, hops extract, rosemary leaf extract, horsetail extract, pinetree extract, lemon peel extract, sunflower oil, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sodium borate (natural borax), xanthan gum (natural thickener), beta carotene & vegetable oil, fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative)

on 9/26/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I normally like to dispense all my skincare products from a tube but if I have to dip my hands into a jar it's either going to be Bobbi Browns (beautiful on your vanity) or this one. Love the feel and sound of the lid screwing onto the glass. Can't explain it better than that but it's very substantial. It's the kind of lotion in a jar you feel you might find in a very good apothecary shop.

Anyway on to the lotion. It's actually a very good lotion - highly moisturizing, sinks in quickly and makes my skin feel plump. The texture has some slip - reminds me of a gel/serum/lotion hybrid. Unlike some other reviewers I didn't break out at all. The scent is unfortunately not very elegant but it's not terrible either.

on 9/26/2016 2:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a fairly rich but simple moisturizer to mix with retin-A gel at night (the drugstore was out of my usual pick, Lumene Bright Now Night Cream). Used this a couple of times and I have a cystic pimple on my nose--I'm nearly 60 years old and haven't had one of those in years! If it can do that when mixed with retin-A, I shudder to think what it would do to my skin by itself. Going to use it as an eye cream only, and sparingly.

on 2/16/2016 8:50:00 PM

I wish I could give this 0 lipsticks out of 5! What an awful product! Bought this on a whim since it was around $10 less than the night cream I was using before (Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse Nuit Anti-Fatigue Moisturizing Cream Night Renewer.. what a mouthful!) and wow, it gave me HUGE cystic pimples that covered my ENTIRE face! I had never experienced that level of acne before. Don't buy this product. It's expensive and a waste of money. Clogs your pores and just generally bad. I threw it out.

on 1/17/2016 7:53:00 PM

Not for me! A greasy mess, felt awful on my face, and smelled awful.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin but this works fine for me. It spreads easily so you do not need to use that much which is good because a jar will last awhile. I don't mind the smell and it makes my skin very soft, softer than any other moisturizer I've used. I think the problem some people have is that it doesn't completely sink into your skin very quickly making you feel like there's an uncomfortable layer of product on your face. I don't mind this though, I go to bed and forget about it.

on 12/6/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well where to start? I used this product for about a month before I wrote this review. First of all this product has a greasy texture and is very thick, so that was a red flag. The container is glass with a open lid, there is a descent amount of product for $25. Since I'm plagued with teen acne, I decided not to use it all over my face, so I targeted my smile lines, under eye area, and crows feet. As far as diminishing fine lines, it works okish at best. After about a week, it hadn't made me breakout yet, so I put a small amount over my face. The next morning I woke up with a giant soul sucking face volcano on my cheek, that whole side of my face was swollen and had a bad bruise. Just to be clear I have never broken out on my cheeks and haven't since I stopped using this product. Also there was a massive amount of minor breakouts all over my face. I would recommend this stuff for older skin or someone that has very dry skin. But if you have acne prone or oily skin run and don't look back.

on 10/2/2014 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't have enough cash for my regular mid-end moisturizer, and since I had 20% and ExtraBucks at CVS, I decided to go with this moisturizer.

It's really thick and feels really good as a night cream. It has really good slip and I don't need a lot to cover my face. This sinks in really quickly, so I'm not left with a puddle of moisturizer on my face for five minutes. I find that when I just lightly rub it in, I don't get much moisture, but when I really massage it in, I get really nice moisture.

There are some things I don't like about this moisturizer, though. The scent is STRONG. My boyfriend kissed me ten minutes after I applied it and he was taken aback from the scent. It doesn't give me a headache or a skin reaction, though. Another thing I don't like about this is that if I apply this after my face has dried completely after washing, it doesn't sink into the skin as nice. You really have to moisturizer the second after you towel dry your face.

However, I think this is comparable to the mid-end moisturizer I use. When I am strapped for cash, I would definitely pick this up or try other moisturizers from Burt's Bees.

on 8/21/2014 8:56:00 PM

I use this a lot throughout winter because my face gets super dry. It keeps my face hydrated and moisturized. I love this. I even enjoy the scent, but my fiancÚ doesn't enjoy it.

This is a great nighttime moisturizer -- I don't use this during summer. I feel
It's too heavy for my skin.

This product texture slightly reminds me of seaweed- theres a sliminess about it hovering in the background. It has a mild fragrance of citrus-ey honey. I was keen for it to make me radiant, but it only made me shiny. It seemed to sit on top of my skin and it felt greasy. It was not very compatible with my Nars foundation.
In horror at the fish and chips greasy film, I gave it to my husband to use on his Klingon warlord wrinkles. He has drier skin. But when I stroked his forehead I found that the product sat on top and does not sink in. Just as well I could turn off the lights and ignore poor hubby with his greasy forehead for 8 hours.

Not recommended.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a bit pricy, but i guess that's the trade off if you want a natural product with no parabens, harmful sulfates, etc. I like the smell of it and it does moisturize well, it contains royal jelly. However I think it's too pricy, about $17 for one jar