T. LeClerc Loose powder in Translucide

Filtered by eye Color : Black
No Image

4.8

on 4/15/2015 4:21:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail. It is very finely milled and very luxurious feel once applied, too. Despite its name, it did have quite pinkish hue on my skin though. Still, this powder did not break me out,(mind you, I have very sensitive skin which easily breaks out if using wrong? Products) and made my pores look a lot less noticeable, yet goes on very sheer and light. The only drawback of this powder is its container. I was traveling with the container and despite I shut it close and put even rubber band over it to keep the lid tight, it did leak and made mess in my suitcase. Would have preferred threaded lid container! The container is light aluminum and fun but definitely not for traveling. The amount is very tiny and I go thru this quite quick but its high quality makes up for the price and inconvenient packaging.

on 12/13/2007 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have T. LeClerc in Orchidee and absolutely love it. So I decided to buy another two the other day, in Parme and Banane. I got four generous samples along with my order. Translucide was one of them, and I find that it brightens up my complexion. The brightening effect is more subtle than Orchidee, which is fine by me. It would make it more suitable for the daytime. My skin (light olive in the fall/winter now) still shows through, but glows. I attribute this quality to the pink in the powder, as do moisturizers/powders that have pink in it. There's no chalky/white cast against my face in the least bit. If you do not have very oily skin, you might want to moisturize before using this powder. The powder melds almost on contact for me, after using a rich moisturizer for my dry skin.

on 11/20/2006 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've come back to this brand of finishing powders after a few years of trying other lines. T.LeClerc's powders are rice based instead of using talc or cornstarch. My skin never flares up, itches, or gets clogged pores. Most translucent powders are either pure white or yellowish. This one has a light pink undertone to it which gives a brightening effect to the skin. My one complaint -especially with the loose powders- is the packaging. I wish the tin had a sifter type of cap so there's less mess and more control of how much powder to dispense each time.

This is an excellent powder for my oily/combination skin. I don't need to use foundation anymore with TLC powder. My skin didn't break out from using this powder.

Don't have a problem with the packaging. Just need to be a little more careful. Initially I thought it was expensive but actually it's not too bad considering that it has lasted me almost 2 years with daily use. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/18/2002 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous, out of this world silky finish. My only complaint is the utterly idiotic packaging. The first time I opened the tin, a big chunk of powder fell out and flew everywhere as there was no inner lid to keep the powder in. Also, it's quite difficult using a powder brush to pick up the right amount of powder without, again, getting the powder flying everywhere when you tap the brush on the rim to shake off the excess. This is because the container is quite small. If not for the lovely texture of the powder, I would not buy this again.