T. LeClerc Loose powder in Translucide

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder will not "break you out"! The reviewer below *must* have broken out from something else, because nobody has more sensitive skin than I, and T. Le Clerc, unlike many other products I have used, is definitely non-comodogenic. Definitely. That said, Translucide is another wonderful shade from the unmatched T. Le Clerc! Translucide is not translucent but has a slight shell pink tone that brightens as do my other faves, Banane, Banane Doree, Rose 'The and Chair Ocree. I currently have Translucide in the lovely shiny silver travel compact. Love it! Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 10/24/2005 6:06:00 PM

I was terribly disappointed with this powder and do not understand the hype. When I first put it on, it does make my skin look absolutely flawless. I was thrilled! But after an hour or so, it settles in and my skin looks very blotchy and uneven. Something no powder has ever done to me. Whatta waste of cash.

I love T LeClerc powders!

This or Bistre are the best base shades for my skintone.

on 9/29/2004 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews here, I was dying to try some of this. I got the translucide in the travel box. I must stress that this was not my original intention. There are not many locations selling T. LeClerc products in Malaysia, and this particular counter that I bought it from is a 3 hour drive from where I live. So, considering the travelling time, I was aiming for the tin cannister, which I expect to last me at least half a year. However, the too helpful SA managed to persuade me to buy the travel box, as I was a first time user. And I was so taken by the attractive shiny (as opposed to matte finish) travel box, which has a screw on lid with a mirror inside and a velour puff, that I forgot all about getting the tin cannister.
So here I am struggling to get as much mileage as possible from the mere 10 grams of loose powder, as opposed to the 34 grams I originally intended to purchase. The good thing is, however, I need not deal with the messy spillages which is the most common gripe here, i think. And the travel box really looks so attractive!

Next - the product itself. The powder actually looked a bit chalky on application. Perhaps the shade was not suitable for me. (I wanted to try banane, but again the SA commented that I was too pale to try the yellow shade, and that I should only use it for my under eye area if I really insist on getting it)
After about 2 hours of wear, i noticed that the powder blended perfectly into my skin, and gave me a very healthy glow. My skin looked much softer and smoother. The distinctive fragrance bothered me a bit on application, but it disappeared soon after. My only complaint is that it was not doing as good a job at oil control as I expected. I still get very oily after mid day. However, after blotting, I need not reapply as much compared to the Laura Mercier Translucide that I was using previously. I suspected that the LM powder broke me out too, but so far this has not given me any skin aggravations. (Been only using for 5 days, will update later on this). In terms of coverage, I would say it is only moderate. But I'm not looking for coverage in the first place. I just want something that can give me an enhanced natural look.

That said, I will definitely repurchase this, but maybe next time I'll try some other shade.

on 2/20/2004 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love and only wear translucent powders, and since T. LeCerc is loved by all the stars I decided to give it a shot. Boy, was I disappointed by this powder. First, it is NOT translucent! Even though I have fair skin, this showed up very ashy on me. The texture wasn't that great either. Overall, I don't know what all the hype is, but all I know is that this is not "all that". Try Laura Mercier's translucent powder, Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil, or Shu Umura's.

on 12/16/2003 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a generous sample online to find out which shade to use. This is a light-medium very slightly peach beige tone. The texture is fine, and it applied evenly. It is mattifying, and seems to control oil very well. I had high expectations, but did not find that this is worth its high price tag. I've had cheaper powders that feels just like this.

on 5/26/2003 8:45:00 AM

Oooh, my first T. LeClerc loose powder, recieved in swap so i did not have to fork out however much they go for. the colour is an interesting peachy-yellow colour, no shimmer with a particular odour that is not unpleasant. the texture is incredibly smooth and fine, controls oil better than any other powder i have tried so far and goes on sheer so i think this would suit most skin tones, except for the darkest and the lightest. i am reading lots of rants about the packaging, and i concur with the opinion that it could use some improvement but i've never personally had any trouble with it. just gently twist open the top, lightly dip your brush and tap it gently onto the lid, using the remaining powder on the lid for the rest of your face. while the powder may be subject to contamination as it's a bit like double dipping, the most fastidious of users can clean the brush everytime before use.

on 1/27/2003 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A must have item! I love this loose powder. It's so fine and gentle on my face. Provides very high coverage. Doesn't clog pore and does control oil sebum to a certain degree. No visible pore after application. The only draw back is the packaging. Easily spill so you need to handle it with care. Knock the top lid gentlely with your fingers so that the powder doesn't stay attached to the lid and cause a spillage after opening.

on 5/1/2002 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an excellent quality loose powder that really sets your makeup and helps to reduce oilies all day. It is a little steep at $45, but this is a superb top quality powder. Translucide will not give the cakey white powdery look so many powders can give. Although I love this powder, I am torn between this and my LM loose translucent powder. But the silver jar is nicer!

This powder has just a hint on pink in it. Not as light as the Camelia or Nacree. Gives your skin a flawless look.