T. LeClerc Loose powder in Translucide

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
No Image

4.5

on 3/17/2008 12:02:00 PM

I love this powder!It's a nice pink that works well with my fair skin with pink undertones and looks even better on my m mom's light skin with warm\neutral undertones.
Smells good and it's easy to apply with a powder puff or a brush for lighter coverage. I used it over mosturized skin or over my mineral loose foundation and looks good.
The packaging is beautifull but not very practical, it's impossible to travel with this powder and you must get the travel or compact version for sure.
It's pretty expensive (36 euros in Italy) but contains a lot of powder.
No bad chemicals at all in the inci.

on 9/29/2004 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews here, I was dying to try some of this. I got the translucide in the travel box. I must stress that this was not my original intention. There are not many locations selling T. LeClerc products in Malaysia, and this particular counter that I bought it from is a 3 hour drive from where I live. So, considering the travelling time, I was aiming for the tin cannister, which I expect to last me at least half a year. However, the too helpful SA managed to persuade me to buy the travel box, as I was a first time user. And I was so taken by the attractive shiny (as opposed to matte finish) travel box, which has a screw on lid with a mirror inside and a velour puff, that I forgot all about getting the tin cannister.
So here I am struggling to get as much mileage as possible from the mere 10 grams of loose powder, as opposed to the 34 grams I originally intended to purchase. The good thing is, however, I need not deal with the messy spillages which is the most common gripe here, i think. And the travel box really looks so attractive!

Next - the product itself. The powder actually looked a bit chalky on application. Perhaps the shade was not suitable for me. (I wanted to try banane, but again the SA commented that I was too pale to try the yellow shade, and that I should only use it for my under eye area if I really insist on getting it)
After about 2 hours of wear, i noticed that the powder blended perfectly into my skin, and gave me a very healthy glow. My skin looked much softer and smoother. The distinctive fragrance bothered me a bit on application, but it disappeared soon after. My only complaint is that it was not doing as good a job at oil control as I expected. I still get very oily after mid day. However, after blotting, I need not reapply as much compared to the Laura Mercier Translucide that I was using previously. I suspected that the LM powder broke me out too, but so far this has not given me any skin aggravations. (Been only using for 5 days, will update later on this). In terms of coverage, I would say it is only moderate. But I'm not looking for coverage in the first place. I just want something that can give me an enhanced natural look.

That said, I will definitely repurchase this, but maybe next time I'll try some other shade.

on 7/18/2002 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous, out of this world silky finish. My only complaint is the utterly idiotic packaging. The first time I opened the tin, a big chunk of powder fell out and flew everywhere as there was no inner lid to keep the powder in. Also, it's quite difficult using a powder brush to pick up the right amount of powder without, again, getting the powder flying everywhere when you tap the brush on the rim to shake off the excess. This is because the container is quite small. If not for the lovely texture of the powder, I would not buy this again.

on 5/1/2002 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an excellent quality loose powder that really sets your makeup and helps to reduce oilies all day. It is a little steep at $45, but this is a superb top quality powder. Translucide will not give the cakey white powdery look so many powders can give. Although I love this powder, I am torn between this and my LM loose translucent powder. But the silver jar is nicer!