OPI can't you sea

1.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Can't You Sea is basically a top coat and even that is questionable IMO. It's way too sheer on it's own to be used as a base color unless you only want a "hint" of color on your nails. In the bottle this looks to be a beautiful turqoise polish with multicolored microflecks. However, once on the nail there is nothing but a bit of sparkle. At four coats there is a bit of blue tint to the nail with a little more sparkle. Applied over any other color does no more than add "some" glitteriness to any polish. I would put this one in the same category as OPI's Rent, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Mama Mia - it's just way too sheer to do much of anything alone or as a topcoat. Two thumbs down and I will not be buying this one again.

I really 'can't sea' it! It is SO sheer, don't waste your money on it. Sheer sparkly nailpolish just looks tacky. Will never buy a nailpolish without testing it again! Can't believe OPI actually created this, as i love so many of their other nail polishes.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Can't You Sea? is too light, almost clear with some spakles. If you like a clear tint of blue on your nails, it will suit you. However, you really need to have super beautiful clear nails to make this colour look good. It looks like bluish greyish clear color with tiny glitters. Overall, it's just too light. I put 3 coats to bring out just enough blue out. I am so disappointed with this colour. I agree. It's for young girls on their toes if you want to give them a cheap paint!

I like the finish of this product. It's sheer, but gives my nails a subtle, feminine blue cast.
I use two coats. This is an unusual polish with an unusual finish. Great way to wear blue if you can't stand the opaque, blue nail look on you.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Jesus Christ. The only good thing about this product is that I got it 60% off. So damn sheer!! I painted four coats on my nail and all you could see was a faint blue tint!! What were you thinking OPI? Imagine my pissed off-ness when I came home and saw the reviews for this and Teal the cows come home (4.5) when I had been debating between the two! God! And now I can't return it! I'll get Teal The Cows Come Home and layer this over. I suppose that's all it'll be good for now, a top coat. Bleh. Oh, and this is a beautiful turquiose blue in the bottle, with silver and green shimmer. If only it transfered to the nail!

Can't You Sea is first on the left. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

"Can't you sea?" um, no I can't see this on my nails at all!
I went to pick this up today because of the wonderful mid-toned turquoise blue sea of silvery sparkles I saw in the bottle - I'm glad I tried it first!
The first layer went on a blue-cast clear and was corrupted by chunky sparkles, the second layer...no difference except more sparkle!
Although tempting, this is not a blue polish (as I had wanted :(), this is a sparkle polish I would paint on a little girl's toes.
Will not purchase. Not recommended, unless you are under 12.

This is so sad. Such a pretty sparkly blue in the bottle! Too bad it doesn't apply that way. Horribly sheer and it turns a sickly yellowish green on me. Even the lovely silver sparkly particles can't redeem it. =(

Popular Polishes