4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This lip balm can magically help me to recover my dryness, crack and chapped lips which any bleeding can stop rapidly.Like other users, when in cold weather, the balm is harden and it's pretty hard to apply especially to my tender lips when needed. It softens when the weather is warmer and the corners often trap dust (yucks). I only use this when I need some intensive treatment to recover my lips as the price is really steep. Ordinary days I will just stick to my Shiseido Water In Lip which is cheap and good!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

6 years ago

This is my HG of lip balms. I am on my 3rd tube now. Pros - it really works and lasts on the lips once you've applied it so you don't need to keep on reapplying it like other lip balms out there. It's superb if applying it overnight. You will wake up with soft supple lips. If you love wearing red lipstick but have dry lips, give this a go. You will see a dramatic improvement in the texture of your lips. I love the smell. Spa like. Cons - if the weather is very cold, the lip balm will turn hard so application may be slightly more difficult. In warm weather the balm is soft and glides on easily. Very expensive for a lip balm but I don't mind paying for something that really works and this one suits me very well. I recommend it for anyone that has chapped and dry lips. It works.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

1.0

7 years ago

This Lip balm is pretty pricey. So I thought hey I'll take the plunge my lips are too dry to bear. But I used the entire tube and yet my lips are even drier than before. It smells "natural", that's the only good thing about it. It's a green color so if you over apply it and it gets on your skin, you resemble a zombie. Also, the tube gets so messy so easily. Seriously, don't spend all that money for something that Carmex can do for a fourth of the price.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

8 years ago

when you read the description - this balm sounds amazing! great properties, natural ingredients, unusual packaging, bla-bla-bla... it fact, it turned out to be the worst lip balm i ever owned and no comparison to the other lip balm from origins, cover your mouth, which i love. it fact this balm feels like wax. when it's cold outside (-10 celsius or so) it freezes and becomes sort of dry, doesn't glide properly - very difficult to apply. when it's worm (+20 or so) it melts and becomes like paste so it you're not careful you can get a thick layer - even a few mm of this stuff on your lips. in whatever temperatures i used it some how it never came out right. ok, maybe if you apply it carefully it's a perfect treatment for dry lips. but it's a very bad balm to apply casually on the go

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

OMG THIS PRODUCT WORKED MIRACLES FOR ME. I HAD SEVERE CHAPPED LIPS THIS WINTER. NOTHING ELSE WORKED FOR ME. I STOPPED IN TO AN ORIGINS STORE WHILE ON VACATION AND THE GIRL GAVE ME THIS. IN A DAY I SAW A REMARKABLE DIFFERENCE. I USE IT TWICE A DAY NOW AND HAVE ABSOLUTLEY NO MORE PROBLEMS. LOVE IT AND HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I have been using this lip balm for only about two weeks. I love lip balm and have one for each use (nighttime, ones that go under l/s or l/g, ones that are matt, ones that are glossy, etc). This balm is becoming my favorite. It comes in a roll up tube, like chapstick, so it is not messy. Instead of round, like a chapstick, its in the shape of a foot ball so application takes a little getting used to, but once you use it for a couple of days its actually easier to use then a round tube. It is not as waxy as chaptstick but is matt, so it is great under l/s and it does stay put for a long time. My son recently got a cold and got very chapped lips. I had him use it for a few days and it really healed his lips so fast that he asked if he could keep the tube. It cost me $14 at the Origins store which, while not cheap, is not a bad price for a product that really works. I can detect a very light scent but not sure how to describe it; not at all over powering or even very noticeable. I really like this and will be buying several more for home, work, and bed stand.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I have had this a few years now and haven't bought a single lip balm since. Although it is quite expensive, around 15 euro but you don't need to constantly reapply it like you do with cheaper balms. To put it simply, this lip balm works! I use it every day in winter and then a few days a week in summer and it prevents my lips from drying out. The scent takes a while to get used to but is quite mild and I like it. I feel that it is more a product for preventing chapped lips than treating though but I see that as a benefit. I lost my balm for a few weeks and I could really feel a difference in my lips. I will buy a backup incase I lose it again!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

10 years ago

This feels amazing. A tiny bit goes a long way but it sinks right into my skin and makes my lips feel silky smooth in minutes- never greasy or waxy.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I must say, I'm pretty impressed by this lip balm. It moisturizes really well, heals your chapped lips within 24 hours, while initially applying, provides some relief. It has a tumeric flavor, which if you're not a fan of it, might not be your cup of tea, but at the same time it's also subtle enough not to annoy you, it's hard to explain. Also, it might leave a yellow-ish tint if you apply too much balm, just to warn you ladies, you don't want to walk around with a yellow stain on your lips. The price is not drugstore cheap, but it won't break your bank either. The ingredients in here are superb and overall, I like this balm. Another wonderful product from origins.

About reviewer (287 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I originally got this balm free a while back when I received an email from Origin's. At first I didn't think much of it when my lips were normal, but after I had a few days of really chapped lips this did the trick. Nothing else has worked as great as this product which is why I repurchased despite the hefty price tag. I took one lippie off for that reason. I definitely recommend for those who often get severe chapped lips since it may be a little much to spend $15 bucks to maintain soft lips. Personally Origin's green tube will help with that and it's half the price. One downside that I am willing to overlook is the lime oil which Paula Begoun says could cause discoloration in the sunlight. Whether this happens often or not, I don't like the idea of the possibility. I'll probably just use this at night instead.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair