Rosehip Seed Oil

Filtered by age: 19-24
 Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

on 8/7/2017 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My experience with rosehip oil is through The Ordinary's 100% Cold-Pressed Organic Rosehip Seed Oil. And based off my experience, it is AMAZING. The first facial oil that I ever used on my face was Bio-Oil years and years ago, and that totally wrecked havoc on my face. Since then, I was afraid to try any oils on my face. After seeing the popularity of face oils grow and seeing tons of reviews on so many different face oils, I decided to cave in because *why not*... rosehip oil totally changed my mind.

I'm naturally acne prone in general and lately hormonal acne has been my battle (thanks for that, current birth control). Out of all the stuff I've tried in attempting to relieve the hormonal acne, rosehip oil has done the biggest job. Not only have I completely replaced my moisturiser for this oil (mainly at night... I don't like using oils during the day if I'm wearing makeup on top), it has also reduced the amount of spots I'd normally get if I wasn't using rosehip oil AND reduced the number of days it takes for my spots to heal. I also see a noticeable reduction in my hyperpigmentation. By all means, it hasn't faded all of it but it has definitely reduced it. I know rosehip oil isn't for everyone and I know it won't work for some people, but give it a fair go if you've never tried t before and you're curious! I think most skin types can enjoy this and it may possibly work well for you if you have acne and/or acne scarring!

on 5/1/2017 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used it on my whole face and it broke me out, it gave me like 5 pimples, and I only get like 1-2 during my period, and these are not during my period, it clogged my pores and my skin feels rough.After a while I started using it just on the pimples that were healing and it made them disappear faster,I am going to use it, but only on the pimples.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loooove Rosehip seed oil, my savior in acne-prone hyper pigmented skin.
I would avoid any oils like the plague on my skin because prior to beckon a student esti, I thought; oil = bad. I was very very wrong.

I bought my Rosehip oil from Mountain Rose Herbs for $15 for 4oz which is 10x better price than that super popular Rosehip oil.

I always use it after cleansing or doing a clay mask, or when I do a light enzyme, I saturate my face with rose water and my toner and then I take 2-3 drops and pat all over my face and neck while it's still wet from the toner.
Since using Rosehip oil at night and using a PH balanced cleanser, I no longer wake up with horribly oily skin and it's more balanced.

Plus, this helps to lighten up my hyper pigmentation along with enzyme peels.
I would recommend keeping it in a dark glass bottle in the fridge away from heat as it is a very delicate oil and can get rancid very easily.

It's a great facial oil, I wouldn't recommend using it alone as it's not super moisturizing, I would use it under a moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Rosehip oil was, for me, a good no-nonsense moisturizer. I used it both morning and night after cleansing and serums. I find that it works best on skin that is damp. I used about a nickel size amount all over my face, neck, and chest. With the remnants, I would use on dry elbows, lips, ears or anywhere else that needed a bit of moisture.

The average rating is because while this moisturized my skin, I don't think it helped with texture, acne, redness, nor with scarring. At best, it softened my skin a bit.

This oil does sink in relatively quickly and wears very well under makeup. It makes dry patches slightly less apparent under foundation, but grapeseed oil and mineral oil work much better. Additionally, I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin and this did not irritate my skin at all.

I think there are much better oils on the market, but this one is a solid choice for the price point.

on 10/5/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This oil has saved my skin. Before I started using this oil, my skin had a lot of redness and bumps and wasn't very smooth. This oil changed everything.
It smells really badly (a mix between fish and liquid latex), but I think I'm already getting used to the smell (I had to hold my breath before but not anymore).

Two days after I started using this oil I noticed that my skin wasn't as red as before. I use this oil everyday before going to sleep, I put 2-4 drops in my hand and massage my face with it. I still have some redness from time to time, obvious, but since I've been using this, not only I've been having almost no acne at all (only hormonal), but I sometimes only use pressed powder on my face and it looks great. It looks the same as before when I would wear a light/medium foundation with powder! That's a huge improvement.

Like I said, not only it improved the redness of my face adn acne, but my discoloration is way better, pus the texture of my face! It's way smoother now than before. I recommend this sooo much. Don't forget, if you want to get this oil, it should be organic, cold pressed and 100% rose hip oil (or 99% if the 1% is vitamin E to help the oil preserve better)

I've been using rosehip oil for a little under a year now and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough. It's full of vitamins and healthy fats and will leave your skin hydrated/nourished, even out your skin tone and if you mix it with castor oil it makes the best brow serum. I find it applies beautifully to damp skin, I spray down my face and neck with rosewater or thermal water, drop some oil into my hand, warm the oil between my palms then pat it into my skin. One thing I suggest is don't cheap out. I've tried 3 different oils from different companies and the qualities have varied TREMENDOUS amounts.

The first bottle I bought was from Radha beauty, off amazon. In retrospect I suspect the oil must've been rancid, it was absolutely disgusting. It had an offensive smell and was a bright orange color that literally stained my skin. I tried using it a couple of times but it was so gross, because I ordered It off amazon I couldn't return it otherwise I would've as soon as I opened it.

The second was from Now foods. It was something like $7 for an ounce at my local health food store so I gave it a shot. I almost finished a whole bottle and was pretty content until I decided to splurge on a higher quality oil. This oil was light, like really light. I'd apply it then have to use a moisturizer after because it didn't do a good enough job on it's own. My skin was pretty happy with it, my skin tone looked nice and even while using it but again it didn't do much for hydrating. The colour was a light yellow and smell was something between flax oil and frying oil.

The bottle i'm currently using is from Nura Natural as is by far the best. It was $20 including shipping and its not even comparable to the other two. The oil is very rich, a nice amber color and has a pleasant smell. When applied it takes 10 minutes to totally soak in but once it does my skin is SO hydrated and absolutely radiant. Another plus is It's in a really nice dark green glass bottle which looks so chic and has a dropper which makes application quick, easy and precise.

I can't stress enough how important it is to shop around and make sure you get a good quality product! It makes all the difference.

on 12/12/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this so much. I have oily skin but now that it is winter I have been battling dry patches and overall dryness. The answer was just a oil underneath my nighttime moisturizer and now my skin is perfect! This hasn't broken me out, and absorbs nicely. It definitely is brightening my skin tone overall and helping little by little with my acne scars. It has a very earthy, herbal smell. If you get the real deal, it will be BRIGHT orange. Buy your oils at health food stores and not on Amazon :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I so, so wanted to love this product. I have moderate-severe acne scarring on my cheeks (hyperpigmentation and pitted scars). Additionally, my skin is ultra sensitive and acne prone. I purchased the 1 oz bottle of Life Flo brand organic RHO because it seemed to be a popular brand among MUAers.

After washing my face, I let it almost completely air dry and then, with clean hands, I warmed a couple of drops of RHO between my palms and pressed this all over my damp face. This method is recommended when applying oils to the face as it distributes evenly and uses less product. I left this on overnight.

I woke up the next morning to clogged pores and tiny white pustules forming on my cheeks and forehead. I stopped using it immediately after this. Most of the pustules when away but one or two turned into larger pimples that took me about a week to get rid of.

I actually decided to give RHO a second shot despite my terrible first experience. The bottle instructs you to "massage onto dry skin". Bad idea! Three or four drop gave me small pustules, the larger amount I had to use for a dry face left me with about three full-blown pimples. Never again!!

on 5/29/2015 4:03:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, i.e prone to develope large spots if I use to strong a product. Have tried MANY expensive brands which have in the past caused breakouts, pretty much instantly. My skin is also on the oiler side so have for obvious reasons avoided adding more oils to it!
But having read so many good things about rose oil I decided to give it a go.
I have now been using pure cold pressed rose seed oil for two days and I can already tell the difference!
I use a few drops at before bedtime, which I apply after spraying my face with Avene thermal water and honestly, I am very impressed!
It feels great, so far it hasn't caused any breakouts, its cheap( €14), doesn't make the skin feel oily at all and I have been waking up with dewy and very soft skin.
My favourite thing about it is that it has after just three days given my skin a glow which is visible through makeup!
Of all the moisturisers I have tried none has performed as well as this after such a short time.
Hopefully it won't cause breakouts, but I don't think it will. Normally if my skin doesn't like a product it will reap it's terrible revenge pretty much instantaneously!
I'd definitely recommend rose seed oil a go to anyone!

on 4/21/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After seeing a reviewer on this item post her before and after pics, I was sold. I couldn't help it! Her skin looked 2000x better. I know I shouldn't be so naive because it could've been a fake just to get more buyers on mountain herb but I did not care lol. I went ahead and purchased off mountain herb a large bottle and I will NEVER EVER live without it. I'm writing this review after a month and plan to update every so often. After getting froggy and trying oil (coconut, argan, evoo, jojoba) on my face in the past with terrible results, I was really skeptical. But I thought **** it. My skin is kinda somewhat damaged anyway. Just a few details on my skin: very acne prone. If I look at my skin wrong it breaks out. Not very sensitive. And really oily. Mild scarring. Mostly very shallow and light scars. Nothing major but I try to avoid certain lighting because it accentuates so well.. I received my bottle and transferred some oil into a vial with a dropper. I apply it twice every morning and every night! The first night I used it, I slapped it on my face and thought "here goes nothing." The next morning I woke up to beautiful plump, supple, gorgeous clear skin!! I will admit, I thought it was from my homemade vitamin c serum which I started using around the same time. I used it day and night as well as the c serum and I started to notice I was getting black heads.. Although I'm very prone to acne and used to have terrible cystic acne, I've never had a problem with blackheads. I stopped using the oil and stuck with my serum and so the black heads stuck. Finally I gave up on the c serum and tried one more time with the oil and the oil alone. Now, every single day I wake up with beautiful skin. It clears anything that might pop up on my face and it's so glowing and healthy. Forgive me for my novel but something this good skincare wise only happens to me once every never so when it does happen, I shout from the roof tops.

Update 5/7/2018: so much for updating lol. i just wanted to come back here and say that i havent used rosehip oil in awhile but i still like it alot! i plan on buying more soon. after i discovered my love for oils, i spent alot of time researching why some oils break me out horrendously and why some make me glow. i learned about the difference between oleic and linoleic acids. linoleic acids are dry oils and they are best for my skin. i still use oils and right now my favorite is prickly pear seed oil. i still recommend rosehip seed oil but ive been slowly experimenting with other linoleic acids.