Color Oops Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

Color Oops Regular Strength Hair Color Remover
Regular Strength Hair Color RemoverRegular Strength Hair Color Remover

3.8

on 2/6/2013 1:47:00 PM

I used Color oops extra strength after over 15 years of dying my hair over and over, I'm naturally a brunette with red undertones, but I've dyed my hair every color but ash tones. I have long thick hair and one box was enough for me.
I had dyed my hair black but the grays became more visible as it grew out and I'm just tired of fixing it and I wanted something closer (lighter) to my natural color. I tried Color Oops and it worked great, I followed the direction to the letter, used a spray bottle to coat my hair as it's thin like water and used dawn dish soap after rinsing, then washed it a second time with dawn, rinsed again this will make your hair very dry both the Color Oops and the dish soap but it got the color oops out easily! I then used Argan deep conditioner again follow the directions. I was left with a mousey reddish brown likely due to lightening my hair to a red from dark brown almost a year ago. My hair was very dry even after the deep conditioner so I let it rest for 24 hours, then used a clear color filler (also called protein filler) and then L'oreal healthy look temporary hair color in dark golden brown. It looked great after much more my natural color, I went with the temporary color to avoid more stress to my hair. I just washed my hair for the first time (two days after coloring) used a good moisturizing conditioner, and my hair looks and feels fabulous, better than it has in years. Now my daughter is considering using it to go back to her natural color as well.
Best advice I have follow the directions on all products, use a color filler for even coloring if you plan to recolor or to boost strength and rebuild your hair use the clear, use a good conditioner, and baby your hair for a bit. also the smell wasn't at all as bad as I'd expected from other reviews. It ended up leaving my hair in better condition than it was but was a lot of work to get it there, I would definitely use it again.

on 3/3/2011 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Used Color Oops a couple of days ago. It worked well in lifting my old color out about 2 levels. It was easy to apply. I followed the directions exactly; left it on the full 20 minutes. Then did the full wash out/rinse process for another 20 minutes??!!! YIKES! The smell of Color Oops is horrific. Not so bad going on, but after when you rinse and the next day, the smell just won't go away. Even my bathroom smells. I guess it's stuck in the plumbing. Nasty. This morning to help with the smell I rinsed it MORE and then used clear vinegar (mixed in water). This seems to have helped some. I'm going to do this a few more times and hopefully the disgusting rotten egg smell will go away.

My hair does not feel or look dried out. Still shiny. So I would recommend it, but be prepared for the smell!!

on 7/28/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff worked so well on my too-dark extensions! I dyed my extensions dark brown and they turned out BLACK as night and I was pissed so I tried dying it with lighter colors (before I found out that dye doesn't "remove" color, it just adds more) so my hair was now this goth black color with red undertones and I just wanted my hair to be normal again. So I bought color oops, hoping that it would work...and it DID! :) To my surprise, it got rid of all the color and returned my extensions to it's natural hair color. I was shocked! Hopefully the black doesn't come back but overall I would buy it again.

PS: I would really recommend you to use color oops outside because you can't even smell it when you put it on, unlike if you try to do it inside (and it smells BAD, like toilet water and crap lol). Plus the warm weather will help the product work. Good Luck!

on 3/16/2008 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This seemed to be pretty much the same thing as Colorfix. The ingredient list is different but it affected my hair in exactly the same way. I had a few months' worth of brown dye that was getting too dark. Color Oops brought it back to my natural lighter reddish-brown. I'd already read all the reviews here and many at Walgreens.com, so I was very diligent about trying to 'rinse the dye molecules out'. Also went much lighter than usual for the re-dye color (re-dye necessary due to gray). The new dye process still seemed to "re-activate" the old dye, just like colorfix, so I have the typical too-light roots, ridiculously dark ends.

Hair texture was also really awful until re-conditioning.

I guess this would work the best for someone who does not need to re-dye and is happy with the 'natural' color after removal. Not a miracle product like I was hoping, sadly.