no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I like them all! I mean all 3 colognes are extremely well made and are top quality fresh Eaux, very fresh and suitable for hot weather...they give you this twist, and uplift your moods. Russe has similar notes of other fresh colognes (like Cologne Blanche as noted below and also Escale à Portofino, that is, in my opinion, a variation of Cologne Blanche), and some notes - especially the lavender one- make you think also to other colognes (like 4711 or Eau de Rochas). A' La Russe is most probably the warmer of the 3 colognes of L'Institut Très Bien: after an inital splash of citrus, it gives way to a creamy phase (I can distinctly smell some gardenia, even if it is not mentioned into the notes), that morphs into a reassuring creamy orange blossom, finishing into a vanilla/ amber base... very cozy and comforting. This could easily suit the cold season as well! The lasting power is not the best but out of the three colognes is the one that lasts longer. (couple of hours or so) Definitely a must try, if you have the opportunity!

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

11 years ago

My favorite cologne. This is the scent I love to sleep in because it is soft and comforting. I do not get a strong citrus impression overall but rather a very nice smoothly blended softly vanilla tobacco skin scent. For me it is all about the dry down and it gets there quickly. My husband adores this. EDIT: I am noticing the first minute or so could be interpreted as Lemon Pledge :) it fades so quickly that it doesn't have time to be disagreeable.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther

HairOther

11 years ago

Uplifting and citrusy, a sunny scent that lifts my mood and is perfect for summertime. Initially I get a burst of lemon verbena and shortly after the orange flower makes an appearance but is somewhat tempered by the subtleness of the rosemary and lavender which sit quietly and unassuming in the background whilst the neroli takes centre stage for a while. All round a nice pleasant scent that develops quickly and lingers on the skin for a decent amount of time and eventually settles into a nice clean skin scent on the dry-down.

About reviewer (371 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

12 years ago

Institut Très Bien's Cologne a la Russe is a lovely powdery fragrance with notes of orange blossom, almond and vanilla which has a clean, high-quality smell. Scent-wise, it is nearly a twin to Dior's Cologne Blanche with Russe having a touch more powder and Cologne Blanche containing a tiny bit more citrus. Both are comforting and beautiful perfumes which would appeal to someone who wants to smell "clean". Personally though, if I could only have one item from the Institut Très Bien line, it would have to be the exquisite Francaise. Per The Perfumed Court, here are the notes: Sicilian bergamot, Calabrian cedrat, Provence verbain, Moroccan romarin, Florentine iris, Siamese benzoin and ambrette seeds.

About reviewer (291 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

12 years ago

The notes for Cologne a la Russe are given below, so I won't reproduce them. Cologne a la Russe intrigues me, but the development is uneven on my skin, so I do not think I could wear it often. At the opening, I get a soothing, slightly earthy citrus-lavender accord. It's refreshing and I rather liked the novelty of encountering a citrus that didn't sparkle or fade quickly.</p> <p>Instead, the citrus notes in this composition seem to warm up, and I detected an iris note that seemed to grow and grow on my skin. As the scent dried down a bit, it smelled absolutely glorious. There was something familiar about it, and after a little while I realized what it was. The drydown to this cologne smelled an awful lot like the classic Guerlainade drydown of old, lightened slightly by the citrus.</p> <p>If things had stayed this way, I would have given this scent 5 lippies and rushed to buy a bottle. Unfortunately, the scent continued to develop further. More precisely, it continued to develop into an uneven composition that gave me faint whiffs of citrus and sometimes faint hints of something that smelled a lot like baby spit-up.</p>

About reviewer (600 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairRed

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Cologne a la Russe is akin to MPG Or des Indes and Avon Cotillion in the powdery irisy benzoin base with lavender and then a bergamot- citrus top. A vintage French-Russian feeling.

About reviewer (1117 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

13 years ago

This is my favorite of the three Institut Tres Bien scents available at Beautyhabit. Cologne a la Russe starts off bright and citrusy and herbal, and it feels invigorating just to be able to smell it. Eventually it deepens into a soft, sweet, floral skin scent that lasts a good long time. I question the price tag, but I like this enough to own for the summer. Notes: citrus notes, orange flower, verbena, rosemary, lavender, amber, iris and neroli.

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

Age25-29