Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free

Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free

3.4

Active ingredient - benzoyl peroxide 2.5% Inactive ingredients - water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ceteareth-20, dimenthicone, sucrose, green tea leaf extract, barley extract, acetyl glucosamine, lactobacillus ferment, poria cocos sclerotium extract, laminaria saccharina extract, polymethyl methacrylate, gentian root extract, sunflower seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, astrocaryum murumuru butter, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymermyristyl alcohol, glycerin, zeolite, algae extract, linoleic acid, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, cucumber fruit extract, caffeine, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, longifolene, polysorbate 80, sodium hyaluronate, beta-caryophyllene, propylene glycol dicaprate, capryloyl glycerine, quaternium-22, peppermint, perilla aldeyde, caprylyl glycol, isohexadecane, xanthan gum, disodium edtachloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Love the scent of its . It's kind of ingredients scent but I love it a lot . The product itself is quite nice and extremely light weight . It doesn't do anything with my acne skin . But in term of hydrating , it's more than enough

This product has been life changing for me over the years. It is the only product that has ever cleared up my acne; I can often tell a difference shortly after I've applied it, even. As the years have gone by, I now only use it as needed or as a spot treatment. It is not necessary to purchase the three step system...as long as you are cleaning your face morning and night with a facial cleaner, then using this product, you should see results. Prior to this, I've used a multitude of extremely expensive to drugstore cheap acne products...none of which helped consistently. As a makeup artist, anytime I encounter a client complaining of acne, I quickly recommend this product.

on 5/18/2016 6:08:00 PM

This wasn't moisturizing enough.

At first, yes it seemed to work. I tried giving it about a month before giving up on this product totally.

When applying the product, I feel that it may be best to apply to the areas around the problem site (acne). I know this may seem strange but doing this seemed to make a slight affect on the effectiveness of my treatment regimen. Eventually I switched back to my CF-AC (http://www.myclearface.com/) and my face went back to responding to treatments and got clear. No complaints yet with this supplement. I guess my goal after that was to see if another treatment (Clinique's Moisturizer) along with myclearface pills would somehow increase the effectiveness but that just wasn't the case.

-Cheers

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is THE ONLY product out of the acne solutions 3 step that I like....I don't care for the foam cleanser, and the lotion/toner is so-so....I have oily skin and adult acne and each time I start using this it clears it up without being too drying although it can be. I use it under my make up to keep shine away as well as at night. Sometimes, it does get to be drying, so I give it a rest--that's when I start breaking out again :-/ I am going to try and use it at night with my Shiseido Benefique Emulsion I lotion and see if that balances things out....
I love the smell...I love how you only need a little bit...I just love this treatment...I wish it was a tiny bit cheaper although it is not that expensive anyway.....
If you have normal skin with acne or combo skin...I would beware as it can be a bit drying at first....

on 6/3/2015 2:54:00 PM

This product is AMAZING!!!!!! I bought this as a moisturizer as I cannot seem to find anything that does not eventually break me out or cause me to be super-oily. I have been struggling with my adult acne recently and nothing seemed to help, but I still feel the need to hydrate. I also have very sensitive skin, so the majority of acne treatment products are very irritating to my skin. I tried this and my face cleared up within 3 days, which has never happened before! This product offers only a little hydration, so it is best for oily to very oily skin types. It also goes on well under makeup providing that you only use a small amount which is all that is needed. I LOVE IT!!!

on 3/25/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This ended up being my every-day moisturiser and the only one that really clears my face. I use it for a few years now (along with the anti-blemish/acne solutions 3 step with the soap bar instead of the foam) and it really does wonders, especially if you team it with the anti-blemish clearing gel rather than the toner - any spot I have disappears within a day if I used those two together.

At the moment I am using a Retin A at night (my acne is just one or two spots every now and again) and in the morning Clinique's anti blemish 3 step and from what I can see it works best like that. If I dare using another moisturiser in the morning, I can actually see the difference on my face (spots begin to appear...) I also use it at night sometimes if my face gets slightly dry from the Retin A (this happens a bit during the winter).

Overall, it's a really good moisturiser for acne prone skin. Won't dry, won't make skin more oily than it is, and does not contain any fragrance. For my skin at least, it's a real winner.

on 2/7/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have really acne prone, sensitive, african american skin. A few years ago i never had any acne problems, a few bumps occasionally and then gone. However, over the past two years i can't seem to get rid of acne spots. And the fact that i always have one new spot every other day is simple heartbreaking. I went to the clinique store and decided to buy this. I liked the smell, and the way it felt on my skin. However, after two days, i could not manage the itching. I wasn't having any extra breakout, but i was slapping my face every other minute to minimize the itching. I stopped as soon as i started so I'm very happy i avoided any other worse things that could have happened.

This is a great product. I am glad it has been renamed - It is definitely NOT A MOISTURIZER. It is a benzoyl peroxide all over acne treatment. Keeps me pretty much acne free without over drying my 44 year old skin. The reason I stopped using it is because after a while of use it started to bleach out my eyebrows. :(

on 11/19/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bleh. If I'm going to be honest, this product is a dud. I rated it as only 1 lippie for two reasons:

1) This product is not a moisturizer. I repeat: NOT a moisturizer. I bought this in hopes that it would round out my skin care routine and that it would really help moisturize my skin after using the rest of the somewhat underwhelming line of Acne Solutions products. Nope. If anything, this product is actually *drying*.

2) This product has done nothing to help me with my acne. Nothing. I really wanted to love this and I wanted it to work. But alas, it didn't. I've had a million times better luck using clay and tea tree oil as spot treatments.

I know 1 lippie is harsh, but I am so disappointed in this product that I can't lie. 1 lippie is all it deserves.