L'Oreal Paris wear infinite star secrets milla's blues

No Image

2.0

on 8/20/2011 2:29:00 PM

Got this in a swap. Glad I didn't pay for it. I got it solely because it was Milla's blues.. which I believe is for Milla Jovovich, who I LOVE. I, like others, don't care for L'Oreal. Especially not their eyeshadows. This is one of them. The shadows barely show up at all, let alone stay on. Not good at all.

on 3/12/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because it was on sale and I thought the colors were pretty. The lighter colors, including the lighter blue, are extremely sheer and don't go on well. It looks cakey and doesn't blend well. I ended up covering the whole eye with the dark blue shadow which isn't bad, and has lasted the whole night. This product is a waste of money. The colors are a weird coppery beige with a bright blue that actually doesn't look good.

on 10/2/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I feel kinda bad reading the other reviews of this palette, because I actually like it. True, the pigmentation isn't that great, and the highlight color (upper left light peach color) is pretty horrid in that it doesn't show up at all. Still, I liked the neutral eye with dark blue liner that I was able to make with this palette. It's one of those you can't really screw up because the pigmentation is so sheer. It'd probably be a good palette for someone a little uncertain on their es application technique, the guide on the back is really helpful. I'll continue to use it, but I don't think I'll repurchase. :( It's a shame, because I love another of the L'Oreal quads, out of the blue. Maybe they're kind of hit or miss.

L'Oreal shadows are always pretty poor quality in my experience, but I was looking for a quad with both blues and browns to take travelling, and this was on sale. As other reviews noted, the pigment is very sheer and the lasting power is poor. I wouldn't apply them as directed on the package, with the medium beige shade under the blues -- that would make them even more washed-out. But with concealer on my lids as a base, they're all right for *either* a neutral brown look or a greyish blue look. For my purposes they'll do -- but if I were looking for something to keep in my regular arsenal I'd build a palette at MAC.

I've only used L'Oreal shadows a few timrs before, and I've never really liked them, despite the fact that Instyle magazine consistenty votes it in the top beauty buys. Anyway, CVS was having a sale a while back, so I picked this up because the colors looked pretty in the pan. As the previous reviewers mentioned, these are fairly unpigmented, and worst of all, they fade! The only color that is ok is the darkest blue, which is more pigmented and lasted a few hours. Ah, so disappointing!

on 1/11/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yes, I agree. I have always liked and trusted L'Oreal, and any of the "Milla" products really worked on me. But this one is a stinker, gals. Sorry! First of all, the combination of the four colors (2 shades of blue and 2 shades of beige) looked good in the pans, but turned to into total mud when I applied them *exactly* as instructed on the back of the compact. Secondly, as the previous commenter noted, these shadows have barely any pigment. Maybe that's why they got muddy? My skin is very fair, but I couldn't get any color out of 'em. I put the whole affair on at 10AM today, and now it's all faded to a light beige -- at 2PM!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this is the worst eyeshadow i have ever ever used. unlike other l'oreal shadows which were never this bad...tho i havent used a loreal shadow since i was 20 something years old...this one was horrible. no pigment whatsoever, couldnt even use it wet....

anyway..very bad. milla most probably uses something better in reality......

dont waste your money on it....instead, save up and buy dior's water mist which is EXCELLENT.....