Barbara Daly for Tesco Oil Free Foundation

No Image

4.3

on 11/17/2013 1:12:00 PM

This is definitely a good anti-shine foundation and for that reason I would buy it again. However, it has a horrible applicator attached to the lid which I think makes an awful mess and drips foundation everywhere. Also it is quite drying, so if you have any flakes on your skin, this foundation will cake on them and show them up massively. I bought the 'Almond' shade, which is a bit too dark for my medium fair skin, but is ok when i've got a tan. It does have quite a 'soapy' fragrance, but I find it pleasant.

If you can get hold of this foundation in the right colour, well done! I tried Honey from the very limited selection of colours available and it's just a touch too dark for my NC30-35 skintone, but it matched my daughter perfectly so she's happy. The finish is brilliant: natural, medium to full coverage and not mask-like. It controls oil really well too. My only criticism would be the heavy fragrance but it doesn't linger too long. I'm trying the Beige next.

I think this product is overhyped. I get that it's cheap and that some people think the coverage is good, but I personally feel it still looks, smells and feels like a very cheap drugstore foundation.

I have tried this foundation twice - about a year ago and a few days ago and both times I have took it back and sworn to never buy such a cheap product again.

For reference, I usually use either Revlon Colorstay or Bourjois Flower Perfection. I have tried Double Wear but found it too heavy.

Barbara Daily foundation doesn't come in a great range of shades but would be good if you are on the hunt for a pale foundation as ivory is really very light and almond is a nice yellow toned match for NW15. But to me, it is quite liquiddy and just seems to sit on the skin. It doesn't seem to adapt to the skin at all and doesn't look natural.

For the price of 7 (which is roughly what a decent Mabelline/Bourjois foundation costs) you can do a lot better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have really problematic skin and nearly all things break me out! I am currently on the acne.org regimen(using cheaper UK alternatives) and I was researching a foundation that would irritate my skin or break me out unlike revelon colorstay or maybelline minerals(which after wearing for a few hours already would cause spots to form!!!). I came upon reviews of this and decided to give it a go. I went to my tesco extra and picked up almond which is perfect for my nc20 skin shade.I have lots of scars as well as a few more spots. I applied the foundation with a stipling brush from the back of my hand. It was simple to blend and I did not need much although usually I use lots! Also today was a really hot day of around 25 degrees celcius and I was a lot in the park with my boyfriend...the foundation did not budge for the last 8 hours and I still have it on!! It was extremely hot and I got sweaty! It's an amazing foundation! Even if it has a strong smell it does not bug me at all...I would recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin on a low budget. Amazing buy!

on 1/14/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked this foundation, it gives a very flawless look and it has a really handy applicator. As far as drugstore foundations go, I think this is one of the best. I love all Barbara Daly products! I did find though, that it wasnt very good for my skin and dried it out even though I have naturally oily skin. I wouldnt say it would be good to use it everyday

on 6/29/2010 6:58:00 AM

I really love this product, I cant believe I got this for 7 plus it was 3 for 2 so I got two more products :D Ive tried a lot of foundations, from low to high end, my current favorite is still Clarins everlasting foundation, but I've really fell in love with this. I have really oily skin, especially on the T-zone, so foundation always slips off my nose and forehead, but this really stays put, its easy to apply, goes on smooth and doesn't cake and always looks smooth and freshly applied all day. I'm really not keen on the smell of it, its kinda strong but it vanishes fairly quickly and the bottle comes with a wee built in spatula that makes applying it even easier which is a added bonus, the only thing I find wrong with the packaging is a few times the bottle cap has came loose in my bag and went everywhere I think maybe I got one with a dodgy cap, but it doesn't bother me too much. But all in all a amazing product that I just happened to find in Tesco <3

on 1/18/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you can get a colour match in this foundation I highly recommend trying it. The consistency is lovely and it controls oil as well as, if not better than, a lot of HE foundations. It costs 7 but they often have 3 for 2 offers in Tesco so it usually works out even cheaper. The coverage is medium, so it does cover redness and imperfections but you may need a concealer for larger blemishes (the concealer in this range is great too and costs only 4). I will repurchase this again and again. As another reviewer has mentioned, the scent is pretty strong, but you do stop noticing it after a while.

The only problem I can see with this foundation is the colour range. There are six shades in total. I bought it in both Porcelain (the lightest shade) and Almond (the third lightest) and to be honest there is very little difference between the two. All six shades are very light - I thought Almond would be a good choice for when I'm wearing false tan, because I usually go two shades darker in foundation, but I think the very darkest shade would have been closer to my tanned skintone. Without false tan, I am a bit lighter than NW15 in MAC, and the Porcelain is a pretty impressive match. With false tan I would guess I am about an NC25 (although I have never been matched) and the Almond is much too light. This should give you an idea of how light the shades run and the very slight variation between them. For me it's not really a problem, but for those with medium to dark skin this would probably be useless.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ive bought this tried it and prefer it to chanel pro.
I love it so much ive bought four bottles..
10 for 2 bottles in tesco..
Its lasted on my combination skin.
Hasent melted.
Hasent changed colour.
Covered perfectly any redness..feels light.
No itching...love it I bought Almond and im a NW 15.

on 11/5/2008 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Barbara Daly make-up is one of my favourites and avaliable in Tesco's stores everywhere is Britain and is very well priced (foundation is about 6, concealer is 3.50). I love this foundation, very natural and lightweight but also very buildable coverage. I am always experimenting with new foundations, some extremely expensive but always end up coming back to this. I also highly reccommend the concealer as it has such amazing full coverage that is great for bigger blemishes, i wouldnt do without it now. The colour range is great for me as i have fair/medium yellow toned skin and find the shade 'almond' in the foundation perfect. The concealers only come in three shades, fair medium and dark. The dark isnt that dark either as i wear it in summer. Such a great and inexpensive range. The only problem i can see is it hasn't got any shades for much darker/black skin, which is a shame.

on 8/16/2007 6:34:00 AM

This was my staple foundation (in Porcelian) for my collage years.It was cheap - about 13 euros.It came in a chic MAC like bottle.It went on beautifully and stayed put all day - it looks wonderfully natural in photos. It never broke my skin out or caused any problems. It does have a strong-ish scent though.I highly rate ALL of the Tesco Make-up range, brushes/nail files etc. A great product.