The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Green
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 11/21/2017 9:55:00 AM

I first bought this years ago on a complete whim, and was impressed with how it cleansed my skin without drying, and actually lived up to the "calming" claim, as it could soothe red and irritated skin. I used it up and went on to try other cleansers. I recently repurchased this because I was looking for a cleanser to use in the shower in the am., not something to deep clean or remove makeup, but just something to freshen my skin without drying it, and I remembered really liking this. This has been reformulated, and it's just not as good.

I can't put my finger on what has changed but I just don't find this as soothing as I did before. It's a cream cleanser that does not foam at all. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause any bad reaction, but it doesn't "calm" like the previous formulation did. All in all, it's an okay product but it's pretty expensive and not super impressive. And it really annoys me that the front of the bottle has a picture of aloe leaves (cross-sectioned) and it says something like "with hand-filleted aloe from Campeche, mexico" but when you read the ingredients, the only aloe-based ingredient is "aloe powder". Give me a break.

on 5/26/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser. I mainly use it in warmer months or when my skin feels irritated and I don't want to trouble it with something harsh or fragranced. It takes my makeup off very well, and it's mild and has no noticeable scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand the negative comments about this product, it has totally changed my skin! After discovering my skin is acne prone and sensitive (mostly sensitive but I am prone to acne around my jaw line) I decided to try this as it has aloe vera. Would never turn back, I use this with my clarisonic so it is maybe the way I am using it. I have been combining it with the toner and moisturiser from the same set and using tea tree for my spots - I am not over exaggerating when I say I feel comfortable now leaving the house with minimum make up when before I wanted to hide my skin, and I know it is the combination of these products. Absolute bargain and life saver!

on 1/14/2014 1:54:00 PM

My skin: I have rosacea on my nose, which makes the skin there very red and sensitive. My nose also tends to get dehydrated and flaky. The rest of my face is normal, with some impurities on the cheeks.

I got this as a birthday gift form TBS. And it did absolutely nothing. The skin on my nose is pretty much always red/pink, and this did nothing to change that, I literally saw no difference between before and after cleansing my skin with it. It didn't make things worse and it didn't dry out my skin, but I expect more form skincare. In my opinion, this would be better suited for someone with normal skin looking for something that won't aggravate the skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this cleanser it is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin unlike some other cleansers. The only makeup i wear is a BB cream or a TM and a little blush and a tinted lip balm and i think it gets it off a little bit but i don't expect a cleanser to remove makeup that's what my makeup remover wipes are for :)

on 4/17/2008 7:02:00 AM

Nice basic cleanser for senstive skin in times of trouble but not a staple. I found the cleanser to leave a fine film over skin even after rinsing with a warm face cloth. Quite liked the no nonsense simple packaging. Lasted for ages but was glad to finish it up.