The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 9/10/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!

I used to used foaming cleansers that would dry out my skin! This was when I had terrible acne on my cheeks - they were deep and painful. Fed up and desparate, that I turned to this. Wish I had started this sooner! My skin calmed down after the first week, and by around the 6th week, no more acne! I know it's also because I've been using gentler products too - like oils to hydrate, and non-alcohol toners. It doesn't get rid of eye makeup - it's not supposed to!! That's why you use eye make up remover!! And you HAVE to use it with the face flannel/chamois from the Body Shop, and wipe off with really warm water. If you use it wrong, like using cotton pads and not washing it off, you'll clog your skin for sure! Been using this for 7 months, and won't turn back.

on 6/24/2016 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For a cleanser that is supposed to be calming and geared toward sensitive skin this made me break out terribly. When i try something new it's a given I'll get 1-2 small pimples but they usually go away within a day or so and are never big or sore or will leave a mark. This cleanser gave me one small pimple on my chin the next day after first use and i figured no big deal so i continued but by the third day i decided i was returning it to get my money back. I now have about 6 pimples on my face and two of them are red and sore and will probably leave a mark. Never again. I can also see why ppl complain about the packaging. Its a really awkwardly hard plastic that would give you issues getting out the product once you get to the bottom. Thankfully i won't ever have to deal with that because it's since been returned. For the amount you get for the price and the trouble this has caused my skin i would never recommend it to anyone.

OMG I can't get enough of this cleanser! I absolutely love it!
A lot of cleansers tend to leave my face dry after using it which often results in me getting flakey irritated skin.
I've used Clinique and Kiehl's cleansers but I still felt really dry after.
I've also tried out cetaphil which is actually pretty good too! I just didn't notice a difference when using Cetaphil.
Since using the aloe calming facial cleanser my skin has never been better, and I REALLY MEAN IT! NEVER BETTER!
My skin is sooooo soft! Like a baby's bum! And I haven't had any irritations, dry spots or break outs!
The only down side is that it's hard to get the product out of the bottle...
But I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has sensitive combination/dry skin.

on 5/17/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is the only cleanser I use for my sensitive combination skin. I only gave it a four star rating and not five stars because its not that effective for removing long wearing eye makeup. It's the only cleanser I've used that does not irritate my skin but even with The Body Shop's regular promotions I find it a bit pricey.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the mildest facial cleanser i have ever found so far , never cause me irritaion or breakouts whatsoever ,and even whenever i use only this cleanser before bed i wake up with a radiant skin as if i've used a rich moisturizer not just a facial cleanser !! ... fregrance free, preservatives free, whats not to love ?!

I do massage it onto my skin to dissolve makeup then I wipe it off with a damp muslin wash cloth it works best that way

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this based on the reviews on The Body Shop's website. Almost all of them were glowing, with users saying it cleared up their acne and completely changed their skin. I was very hopeful, especially since the cleanser I was using was drying me out. Initially this did nothing for me. It didn't get my skin clean enough, and left a film on my face. I woke up with little whiteheads after using it at night. I stopped using it for awhile.

I started to use it again recently (against my better judgment) and I think it is clogging my pores. It could be my moisturizer's fault as well (or a combination of the two) but I wasn't clogging until I started washing my face at night with this cleanser. I think it's too thick and creamy for my acne-prone, combination skin.

This is probably the least effective cleanser I have ever used. I tried it twice, once with cotton wool then with a hot cloth. I always do a double cleanse on a night followed by a toner, so I know not to rely on just one cleanser for make-up removal. This didn't seem to lift much dirt off my skin at all. Rubbish.

on 5/25/2012 10:52:00 PM

This cleanser is able to get most of my makeup off without stripping my skin of all its oils. I still follow up with another cleanser afterwards (ELDW, what do you expect?) but I find that if I'm going to double cleanse, I'd much rather the first cleanser be something gentle and in this case, oil based, rather than foaming and drying like my second one. My skin feels a lot less dry on my cheeks since starting to use this and it hasn't managed to do anything bad to my oily T-zone either. It's also good for use in the morning when I wake up since it's go gentle.
The biggest appeal for me is definitely the ingredients in this. It is sold as preservative, alcohol, fragrance and colour free, so my sensitive skin has been loving it.
The only con would be that if you don't wash this off properly, your skin might feel a bit slick and slimy. If that happens then you MAY find your skin becomes slightly irritated afterwards.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had pretty bad experiences with other facial cleanses, for example the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash was probably the worst. But I've been using this product on and off for a while now for about a year and a half. When I do start to use it again, it cleansed my skin pretty well but after using for a few days I would notice a few new breakouts. Then I would continue to use it for another few days and I would notice that my skin did have less breakouts. I'm guessing that for me, my acne usually gets worse before it gets better when using this product.

on 1/12/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My mom bought this product for herself, and while traveling it's all we had to use. My mom has rosacea so her skin is super sensitive to cleansers and lotions, my skin is also super sensitive and breaks out in hive's a lot. This was great in the sense that it doesn't make you break out, nor does it burn or clog the pores. BUT the bottle says it washes away eye makeup and makeup in general, and let me say it takes a lot of will-power to get makeup off. Just a so-so product, wouldn't waste the money because I think just straight water would do the same thing