The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Curly
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 6/24/2016 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For a cleanser that is supposed to be calming and geared toward sensitive skin this made me break out terribly. When i try something new it's a given I'll get 1-2 small pimples but they usually go away within a day or so and are never big or sore or will leave a mark. This cleanser gave me one small pimple on my chin the next day after first use and i figured no big deal so i continued but by the third day i decided i was returning it to get my money back. I now have about 6 pimples on my face and two of them are red and sore and will probably leave a mark. Never again. I can also see why ppl complain about the packaging. Its a really awkwardly hard plastic that would give you issues getting out the product once you get to the bottom. Thankfully i won't ever have to deal with that because it's since been returned. For the amount you get for the price and the trouble this has caused my skin i would never recommend it to anyone.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite cleanser. I have dry, sensitive skin with a touch of rosacea and not many cleansers suit me. The foaming ones leave my skin tight and dehydrated and many of the cream ones are greasy. I have found three that I like - the Nivea gentle cream cleanser, the Sukin cream cleanser and this one. For me, this aloe vera cleanser is perfect. The other two leave a slight slick but I haven't found that with this one. I would buy it every time except that it is more pricey. I massage a generous amount on my damp face for a minute or two (not dripping wet, it just dissolves) and rinse well. My skin loves it and literally glows afterwards! I would give it 5 stars except for two things. As I mentioned, it is a little expensive, considering that you do need a goodly amount to cleanse thoroughly. And the annoying bottle that you need to squeeze so hard, especially when it's getting low.