The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Other
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

OMG I can't get enough of this cleanser! I absolutely love it!
A lot of cleansers tend to leave my face dry after using it which often results in me getting flakey irritated skin.
I've used Clinique and Kiehl's cleansers but I still felt really dry after.
I've also tried out cetaphil which is actually pretty good too! I just didn't notice a difference when using Cetaphil.
Since using the aloe calming facial cleanser my skin has never been better, and I REALLY MEAN IT! NEVER BETTER!
My skin is sooooo soft! Like a baby's bum! And I haven't had any irritations, dry spots or break outs!
The only down side is that it's hard to get the product out of the bottle...
But I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has sensitive combination/dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the mildest facial cleanser i have ever found so far , never cause me irritaion or breakouts whatsoever ,and even whenever i use only this cleanser before bed i wake up with a radiant skin as if i've used a rich moisturizer not just a facial cleanser !! ... fregrance free, preservatives free, whats not to love ?!

I do massage it onto my skin to dissolve makeup then I wipe it off with a damp muslin wash cloth it works best that way

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is such a good and basic cleanser! It's especially good if you struggle with sensitve or/and dry skin.

Since I have really sensitive skin, I'm always afraid of new products breaking me out, and unfortunately they do most of the time. However with this one; no reaction at all!
I have been using this cleanser, alternating it with my REN clearcalm cleanser (for blemish-prone skin), and I find that to be a good mix, since this cleanser doesn't do much for treating acne. It does cleanses your skin, but without that horrible dry feeling afterwards. For me that's a huge plus.

Overall a great cleanser if you want something gentle, but if you suffer from acne I recommend you to alternate it with an acne-treating cleanser, or some sort of treatment afterwards. The reason why I can't give it 5/5, is because it claims to remove make-up and it curtainly does not do that! I always remove my makeup with Bioderma, before I cleanse my skin.

on 7/26/2012 2:24:00 PM

There are a lot of poor reviews for this product based on its failure to remove makeup. I personally haven't found a regular cream cleanser that works for that on its own, especially not a gentle one. I use a separate product for makeup removal and then cleanse afterwards.
I love using creamy cleansers in the morning, and this is nice for that. It doesn't leave my skin greasy and isn't drying or irritating. It doesn't really moisturize but just makes it feel nice and clean, which is all I really want it to do. It doesn't soften like my Dr. Hauschka Cleansing milk does, but at a small fraction of the price, I'm ok with that. There's also no discernible fragrance, which I like. It gets 4 instead of 5 points because I don't see that it actually calms redness as the name implies. (but non-irritating and no breakouts is good enough for me. :) ) Also the squeeze bottle requires a lot of pressure to dispense the product.
I just bought and started using this recently. I'll update if I notice anything different later.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a nice cleanser that I enjoy using this winter. I rotate it with the tea tree foaming facial cleanser when my skin is oily I use the tea tree one, when it is dry, I use this one, which is very light, and cleanses my face well. It works well on sensitive skin also. If you have oily skin, I would pass on this product, which is best for dry/combination skin types.

on 11/22/2011 9:37:00 PM

WHAT IS IT? Creamy surfactant-free cleanser
INGREDIENTS: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? This creamy, fragrance-free, surfactant-free cleanser is emulsifies makeup, sunscreen, and dirt and can be removed either with water and your hands or a washcloth. To ensure complete removal I would recommend pairing this with either a muslin or microfibre washcloth especially for those bothered by stearates or oils left on the skin. During drier times of the year, cleansing with this in the evening can serve as a substitute for moisturizing since I have relatively oily skin and do not require a separate moisturizer except in extremely dry climates (desert, arctic cold etc.)
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes for times when I need a cleanser although I am looking for a fragrance-free alternative from a company not owned by L'Oreal.
PRICE: $16.99 CAD