The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 5/26/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser. I mainly use it in warmer months or when my skin feels irritated and I don't want to trouble it with something harsh or fragranced. It takes my makeup off very well, and it's mild and has no noticeable scent.

on 9/12/2014 10:11:00 PM

This is a pretty expensive "cleanser" that basically does nothing for me except cause acne. I have pretty sensitive dry, but acne-prone skin and it broke me out. Not only that, but it doesn't really remove any makeup. It didn't bother my eye area, which is nice, but it defeats the purpose if it's not going to remove any makeup or actually clean my skin. Regardless of how I applied it (with a dry face or a wet face), the acne still came the next day. I think the fact that it doesn't seem to cleanse my face contributed to the breaking out. It's pretty much just an overpriced lotion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is such a good and basic cleanser! It's especially good if you struggle with sensitve or/and dry skin.

Since I have really sensitive skin, I'm always afraid of new products breaking me out, and unfortunately they do most of the time. However with this one; no reaction at all!
I have been using this cleanser, alternating it with my REN clearcalm cleanser (for blemish-prone skin), and I find that to be a good mix, since this cleanser doesn't do much for treating acne. It does cleanses your skin, but without that horrible dry feeling afterwards. For me that's a huge plus.

Overall a great cleanser if you want something gentle, but if you suffer from acne I recommend you to alternate it with an acne-treating cleanser, or some sort of treatment afterwards. The reason why I can't give it 5/5, is because it claims to remove make-up and it curtainly does not do that! I always remove my makeup with Bioderma, before I cleanse my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand the negative comments about this product, it has totally changed my skin! After discovering my skin is acne prone and sensitive (mostly sensitive but I am prone to acne around my jaw line) I decided to try this as it has aloe vera. Would never turn back, I use this with my clarisonic so it is maybe the way I am using it. I have been combining it with the toner and moisturiser from the same set and using tea tree for my spots - I am not over exaggerating when I say I feel comfortable now leaving the house with minimum make up when before I wanted to hide my skin, and I know it is the combination of these products. Absolute bargain and life saver!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not great at removing longwear makeup on its own tbh, but if you just use regular makeup it probably will be ok

on 1/14/2014 1:54:00 PM

My skin: I have rosacea on my nose, which makes the skin there very red and sensitive. My nose also tends to get dehydrated and flaky. The rest of my face is normal, with some impurities on the cheeks.

I got this as a birthday gift form TBS. And it did absolutely nothing. The skin on my nose is pretty much always red/pink, and this did nothing to change that, I literally saw no difference between before and after cleansing my skin with it. It didn't make things worse and it didn't dry out my skin, but I expect more form skincare. In my opinion, this would be better suited for someone with normal skin looking for something that won't aggravate the skin.

on 1/10/2014 2:53:00 PM

I found it really hard to get a good cleaning from this face wash, I had to use a lot of product and thats coming from someone with dry skin! Mind you it didn't dry me out which was a plus although it may have broken me out.
I did find it worked a lot better with a washcloth so I will finish it but definitely will not repurchase

on 6/7/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The cleanser is gentle and fragrance free but I find it does a poor job of cleansing my skin. To remove foundation, I have to use a large amount, tissue off, and then follow with a toner. Quite disappointing! Won't purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had pretty bad experiences with other facial cleanses, for example the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash was probably the worst. But I've been using this product on and off for a while now for about a year and a half. When I do start to use it again, it cleansed my skin pretty well but after using for a few days I would notice a few new breakouts. Then I would continue to use it for another few days and I would notice that my skin did have less breakouts. I'm guessing that for me, my acne usually gets worse before it gets better when using this product.

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have dry and super sensitive skin that was constantly irritated and flaking before using this, but since using it, my skin has seen a dramatic change. My skin is now super soft (but not at all greasy or oily) and I've also seen a decrease in breakouts. I only need to use a pea size amount to see amazing results, so I know I'm definitely getting value for money. I usually follow with the 'gentle exfoliator' which probably helps with the amazing results. Definitely highly recommend to anyone suffering with sensitive skin and/or irritation.