The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by age: 36-43
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 5/26/2015 4:55:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I mainly use it in warmer months or when my skin feels irritated and I don't want to trouble it with something harsh or fragranced. It takes my makeup off very well, and it's mild and has no noticeable scent.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the mildest facial cleanser i have ever found so far , never cause me irritaion or breakouts whatsoever ,and even whenever i use only this cleanser before bed i wake up with a radiant skin as if i've used a rich moisturizer not just a facial cleanser !! ... fregrance free, preservatives free, whats not to love ?!

I do massage it onto my skin to dissolve makeup then I wipe it off with a damp muslin wash cloth it works best that way

This is probably the least effective cleanser I have ever used. I tried it twice, once with cotton wool then with a hot cloth. I always do a double cleanse on a night followed by a toner, so I know not to rely on just one cleanser for make-up removal. This didn't seem to lift much dirt off my skin at all. Rubbish.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this to remove my make up and then a separate facial wash to clean the skin. It's soft and pleasant smelling and doesn't cause any skin irritation. It could do with better packaging as it becomes difficult to squeeze out the bottle. I solve this minor problem by storing it upside down.

The trick to this is to really massage it into the skin - really, really massage it! then wash off with warm water and a cotton wash cloth. Using cotton pads is simply hopeless.

on 7/26/2012 2:24:00 PM

There are a lot of poor reviews for this product based on its failure to remove makeup. I personally haven't found a regular cream cleanser that works for that on its own, especially not a gentle one. I use a separate product for makeup removal and then cleanse afterwards.
I love using creamy cleansers in the morning, and this is nice for that. It doesn't leave my skin greasy and isn't drying or irritating. It doesn't really moisturize but just makes it feel nice and clean, which is all I really want it to do. It doesn't soften like my Dr. Hauschka Cleansing milk does, but at a small fraction of the price, I'm ok with that. There's also no discernible fragrance, which I like. It gets 4 instead of 5 points because I don't see that it actually calms redness as the name implies. (but non-irritating and no breakouts is good enough for me. :) ) Also the squeeze bottle requires a lot of pressure to dispense the product.
I just bought and started using this recently. I'll update if I notice anything different later.

on 10/18/2011 6:42:00 AM

I would recommend removing make up with a seperate cleanser before using this product. It's a nice cleanser which leaves your skin feeling nourished.