The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 30-35
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

1 review

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 5/18/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have suffered from acne for what seems forever. While using the Arbonne cream cleanser my face cleared up a lot, however, the co. stopped making such cleanser...back to square one. Used Dermadoctor cleanser has salicyic acid but my face while clean didn't feel acne free, anyway I purchased this Aloe Cleanser hoping it would be as mild as the Arbonne was and cha-ching! it is!!!
It has a very mild smell, it is cool and calming, it removes foundation and even eye shadow (with a bit of rubbing you could take mascara off, but I wouldn't recommend all that tugging around the eye). My routine is use two pea size drops and rub on my face in an upward motion, use a big cotton ball to remove the foundation and finish by wiping remaining cleanser with a soft warm towel.
I've been doing this for over a month and even my sis who sees me often commented how great my skin looks (could be a combination of those green smoothies I've been drinking too) but seriously I finally got that just because I have oily acne prone skin doesn't mean I have to use soapy or salicyic/glycolic acid cleansers which strip my face off its moisture.
I continue to see great results,however,now I still use two pea size drops of the cleanser but I now use the Body Shop luxury flannel towel which is very smooth and between both products my skin is left free if makeup and clean. I follow with a vitamin e moist. On super lazy days I use the tea tree oil wipes from TBS as well.