Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 10/24/2017 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG daily moisturizer. I just wish it weren't so expensive.

on 1/28/2017 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I can't tolerate most moisturizers. Although I am Sicilian and was blessed with very oily skin in my youth, as I've gotten older and used more retinoids like A313 and Differin, my skin has become drier. Most other moisturizers I've tried seem to fill in my pores and give me blackheads or breakouts, but this is the first one I've found that protects my skin and doesn't make me break out. This is an amazing balm that lasts a long time.

If I were using it as a makeup remover, I could see how it would be easy to burn through a tube quickly, but I just use it as a mask and moisturizer. I bought a tube on Amazon for around $18, and even with twice-daily use, I've only used half the tube over about 6 weeks. I squeeze the tube from the bottom and it's completely flat with no waste, and I like that the metal tube is recyclable. This cream is a lifesaver for the winter time, when my skin is extra-dry. It is a wonderful skin protectant.

I normally prefer fragrance-free products, and although I wish this cream came in a fragrance-free formula, the scent is very light and disappears eventually. I wear a CPAP mask at night and this cream doesn't interfere with the mask at all. I am thrilled to have found this cream and I will definitely repurchase.

Edit: I am now using pure hyaluronic acid on my face for moisturizing, but I still love using this cream on my neck and chest/decolletage.

on 4/12/2016 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This moisturizer is indeed very moisturizing and works well under makeup but it has some highly comedogenic ingredients such steareth-10 and stearic acid. Therefore, I am unable to use it as it causes me to break out. Something to take note is that this also contains shea butter, which may also cause acne in some people.

If you're looking for a "simple" moisturizer like this, but without the comedogenic ingredients, I'd say check out Eucerin Original Healing Creme (the formulation without dimethicone). It doesn't break me out and is equally moisturizing as this one. At the end of the day, this moisturizer is a drugstore product in France, and I think many people forget that we have good formulations that are easy to find in our drugstores here in the States. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't always make it superior. ;)

on 5/22/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this product. My face is so dry because of accutane and it saves me. It actually keeps my face moist all day and I highly recommends this for anyone with dry skin. Some of my favorite makeup artist on you tube recommended this and I'm so happy I listened.

When used properly, it can be a lifesaver. I use little make up, and rarely ever any full-face make up (foundation, etc.). For the last 10 years I've not even used a cleanser, but only cold water to wash my face morning and night, and only began seeking a nighttime moisturizer as I knew my skin needed more attention as I got older. My skin can be very sensitive, but has often been surprisingly resilient, so I'm sure I'm within a broad spectrum of readers and reviewers. Embryolisse is a great product for my low-maintenance skin needs. I wash at night, with cold water, and put a dime-sized amount around my face paying particular attention to the thin skin around and under my eyes. It's light, non-greasy, pleasant-smelling, and so far, very effective. Would buy again, and will.

on 3/26/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product for around 12-15 in Boots UK. This was only for a small 30ml tube.
I bought it due to the huge hype from the makeup industry, and apparently makeup artists use it on celebrity clients, and Pixiwoo also use it alongside many youtube beauty "gurus" too. I guess I was bought into the hype.

I have extremely extremely dry skin. I literally have no oil glands left in my body as I was on Roaccutane treatment. I don't have skin literally peeling off my face, but It is dry and sensitive and I can't use harsh acid based products as my face adapts and reacts overnight to products.

- This moisturiser is like a lotion in consistency, not to the point where its dripping off your hands but it is runnier than normal creams
- the smell isn't too overpowering, not dreadful. Its okay. nothing fantastic
- This tube isnt as good to use as a tub would be for me. this is because when you squeeze it out, like toothpaste, it changes the tube shape and wrinkles the tube if that makes sense, so it can actually become difficult to use and squeeze out.
- as the packaging is a tube, its a low quality tube material as opposed to something made from a thicker material like garnier moisture match, therefore it is prone to tearing and ripping, which isn't hygienic, and is less hygienic than a tub.
- It did moisturise my skin and made it feel soft. Not for 24 hours.
- It sat on my skin and left an oily residue even though I have very dry skin. It didn't absorb and made my hair stick to my face at times.
- The worst part, it made my foundation oxidise like crazy and was really dark.
- Its not worth the money, and is too small.
- my foundation still clinged to my patches, but it made my skin feel moisturised.

overall, I will NOT be repurchasing this product.
I don't see the hype.

on 12/17/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i like this but don't love this. It's not expensive (esp if you get it in france) but honestly i would rather pay more for the right product. it's an OK moisturizer and kind of reminds me of the Pond's extra dry skin cream, but the problem is that if you have dry tight/flaky skin, it doesn't penetrate past the epidermis and it just feels like you have a greasy moisturizer sitting on top. it is one of those good old fashioned mineral oil type moisturizers so my face looks shiny afterwards.

pros
-cheap
-doesn't break me out (I'm acne prone)

cons
-doesn't penetrate in terms of hydration
-greasy

UPDATE:
lately I've been using this as my day moisturizer mixed with a drop or two or kosmea rose hip oil and my skin is glowing! the formula is still plain but makes a good base for mixing with oils (if you want to add argan or jojoba etc)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Heard people rave about this, decided to splurge a little and buy (22.99 for 75ml). It was nothing special and i was totally underwhelmed. Waste of money. I'd return it but i've lost the box it came in. Utterly average product, i won't be buying into anymore hypes for a long time.

on 3/5/2014 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Etailers who sell fake products make me really disgusted, and recently I've heard that there are dupes of this that are just JUNK. Lots of sneaky etailers love to profit on brands that are difficult to find in the US, because they assume their vulnerable customer won't be able to tell the difference.. If you used something called Lait-Creme Concentre and it did not have Embryolisse's signature (very French) fragrance, you may have fake product.

Having been oily the last 30+ years I'm not exactly an expert on moisturizers; especially ones recommended for dry skin. You are wondering, Why did you buy this, then?

Well, I moved to a desert climate a year and a half ago, and my face is now technically more "combination", depending upon dew point and relative humidity. My hands, always dry from gardening, housework, ignoring them, etc...have been rough and scaly to the point of discomfort. For the price of Lait-Crme Concentr, I thought if I don't like it for my face it will be fine for a hand cream.

Turns out it just great for face, neck, hands...anywhere there are dry patches. Lait-Crme Concentr is absorbed immediately, shockingly! It softens my skin instantly. It's not cutting-edge or luxurious, but it does it's job.

on 11/6/2013 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this cream! It soaks right into my skin and makes a perfect, soft and hydrated base for my make-up. It has a soft scent but not irritating or offensive.

It's great for the winter time as well, when my skin becomes a flake fest - I just use a small dab. It comes in various sizes so I always have a smaller tube in my purse and the bigger pump bottle for body at home. If you are travelling, this removes make-up very well, and then you can apply a bit more to moisturise. It's plain, never gives me any rashes or breakouts or any problems whatsoever.

Would recommend this to anyone look for a no-frills cream. I repurchase this all the time. Love, love, love