Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

4.2

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

If you are looking for a basic moisturiser and primer in one that leaves a beautiful dewy glow to the skin (with absolutely no shimmer – this is a moisturiser) then this is a great option. This looks beautiful under anything with a matte finish. I use this everyday under a matte mineral sunscreen (Paula's Choice Resist Super-light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30) and it keeps my skin from looking too matte and keeps the sunscreen from drying out my skin. It can however look a bit too shiny for my taste if I apply it too liberally.

It is quite moisturising, but I wish it was slightly more hydrating for my dry skin. I think this moisturiser mainly works by being nice and occlusive. It sets to a light, soft and comfortable film on the skin. I think this would work well for most skin types except those with oily skin. If you would like something similar to this in terms of look and feel, but more suitable for oily/combination skin and less moisturising, then Glossier Priming Moisturizer would be a good option.

It has light fragrance, but it hasn't irritated my skin. I find this keeps my skin from becoming too irritated when I have been cleaning my skin more frequently from trying out new products. I have acne-prone skin and this has not caused me any breakouts or clogged pores.

This moisturiser doesn't contain a lot of exciting ingredients for the skin, so I would only recommend you buy it for the look and feel. It does work to moisturise the skin, but that is pretty much all it does from a skincare perspective.

Overall though, I really like this as a nice basic moisturiser that instantly makes the skin look nice with a beautiful dewy glow. You get a nice amount of product for the price. I have used a whole tube of this and I will repurchase this soon.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the best moisturizer ever. I can see why it is a cult favorite of makeup artists and celebrities. It does an amazing job of moisturizing skin and give a healthy, dew like glow to the skin. This can be used as a mask, moisturizer and primer all in one.

I highly recommend giving this a try. It is now a staple in my skincare regimen and I can't live without it.

on 5/11/2018 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Basic but somehow great. It sinks into the skin and leaves a “layer” sort of like a primer would. I’m very moisturized without being greasy or oily and my skin looks calmed down the next morning when I use this at night. Works great under makeup or by itself. It smells fresh and light, recommend if you’re looking for a good basic no frills moisturizer.

on 5/15/2017 9:42:00 AM

To my surprise and dismay this product irritated the heck out of my sensitive skin. It took a good week to calm down during which my facial skin was so annoyed that it wouldn't tolerate anything on it without stinging & burning. Since nothing else had changed in my skin care I am 100% certain that this cream was the culprit. Flakey, red, unhappy skin - not good. I'm bemused by the raves. Oh well, I guess every skin is different...

I have mature dry skin and I find the moisturiser excellent to apply before primer. It is moisturising enough to last all day but doesn't leave your skin greasy so all your make up slides off.

I have been using this cream for over a year, it can be a bit pricey but a tube does last a long time if you use it only as a day cream.

I wait until the specials are on and then buy two.

I had read so much about people liking this (all the backstage secrets kind of articles, how this is used at runway shows and is a great base), but also reviews about how it might be too rich. After requesting a tube from my brother when he was traveling in France, I was excited to try it myself - and after overcoming some nervousness about possible breaking out, I'm very happy with it. I can't find it in Canada except online, where it is about $50 CAD for the 2.54 Fl Oz (about 75ml), I find this a still a good price but will also have to pay shipping etc which inflates the price.

Part of why some don't like it is the shea butter and beeswax. As someone petrified to break out (had a period in my 20's with adult acne), I am loathe to try anything that has a whiff of pimple-possibility. The other side is that I have noticed how much better my skin now reacts to richer moisturizer than it did when I was younger: in my 20's, I fought feeling like an oily mess; now in my late 30's, richer creams actually help me feel less oily and my skin drinks it up, helping makeup sit better and last longer (not to mention feeling delicious). Some don't recommend it for daytime use, as it is rich, but I'm fine with it. I don't need to use a lot to get great results. It will be more of a winter product for me, as I know in the summer I will be sweating and need something lighter.

In an aluminum tube, which I love, and a very light & pleasant smell, I like this product but wish it was easier to get.

on 10/6/2016 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was on the fence about this product for a while. I usually use drugstore moisturizers for daytime. I read about this being "beauty editors' favorite" and "used on all the models to make their skin glow" and bought a tube.

At first, I thought "Well, this is nothing special. And models' skin glows because they're 17, you sucker!"

But the more I used it, the more I liked it. I have dry/combination skin, and this is the perfect balance between a cream and a lotion. That makes it good for under makeup, but it's also just heavy enough for me to use at night in the warmer months when I don't like burying my face under cream.

It only requires a little bit (pea size) to cover the whole face, so it lasts a long while. I ended up using up the entire small tube in about 3 months and just purchased a big one.

The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging. The tube is hard to store (I prefer bottles or something with a flat bottom that can sit in my medicine cabinet) and it's that "metal" type of tube (like old-fashioned toothpaste tubes) that makes it hard to squeeze when you get near the end. I feel like I left about a week's worth of product in the tube because I couldn't get it out. Would prefer a plastic tube, at least.

I've been using this for about 2 months now. I usually like most moisturizers when I first start using them and then the shine wears off the apple after about 2 weeks and they get tossed into the vanity drawer or given away.

I'm on the verge of 54; my skin is ok. Gravity is doing its thing, so I'm getting saggy in the jowls and wrinkly around the eyes. Those are really my 2 biggest skin concerns. I'm combo skin, but if i don't take special care under my eyes, that area can get like the sahara, and it ain't cute. I had been using neutrogena hydro boost under eye cream and the hydro boost moisturizer and would follow that up with a moisturizing primer. That worked well, but I didn't feel like my skin stayed hydrated all day and I started to get sick of having to do all of that pre makeup stuff every day. I read the reviews on the Embryolisse and purchased a smaller tube (you can actually get a 1 oz size from Camera Ready Cosmetics, for $16) to try.

Day 1 I was like, "eh". It felt greasy, took awhile to absorb. Day 2 I lessened the amount i applied and was on the road the falling in love. The most important tip for this is that you need to let it absorb -- it's not a moisturizer you can slap on and then go right to the next step of your routine. I put it on and then do something else, like dry my hair or whatever, to give it a few minutes to do it's thing.

This gives my skin such a nice texture that I've eliminated primer on my face EXCEPT for under my eyes, and there I use a light, cooling primer stick there (Stila Aqua Glow Primer Stick) for some extra smoothness. If my under eye area wasn't so crepey, I'd probably wouldn't use any primer at all because this moisturizer is that good. It really has improved my skin, made it more pliable and plump and those jowls aren't looking so jowly anymore. My skin stays hydrated throughout the day, but my makeup stays put and fresh looking. At almost 54, I've recently gotten the first compliment in years on how nice my skin looks, so that should tell you something. I've been able to pare down the cosmetics routine too, and am able to get away with using only kevyn aucoin skin enhancer over the moisturizer to achieve a really nice smooth complexion. I'm in love with this stuff.

on 9/6/2016 2:51:00 AM

I really like this moisturiser. It is very simple but so effective, my skin feels and looks so much smoother and plumper since I've been using it, all my small dry patches are gone and it is so nice to wear under makeup. In France it is very affordable so if you can get it cheaply it is definitely worth a try.

on 5/15/2016 2:42:00 PM

Overall nice product for skin that needs a more emolient cream. It leaves a silky residue but it doesn't seem to do moisterizing wonders perse. If you want a dewy/satin make up look put this under your foundation of mix with it it will give more glow and more shine. If you want a matte face don't use this. I have very pale and very sensitive skin and I respond well to this cream. It's not a good cream to mix with foundation it will be too greasy and the foundation will not set and lay an your skin even when powdered. So I don't use it often on clients anymore. I use a lighter cream and when someone is really dry or dehydrated I might use it on the areas. I don't know you don't really feel it sink into the skin..it lies on top more. But..I like it though so I would never tell anyone not to buy it but it is a bit too expensive for what it is. Maybe I'll come back on it later :)