Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.9

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 8/19/2018 1:03:00 PM

Basic but beautiful. This and Cerave moisturising lotion fixed my moisture barrier and re-balanced my skin after using some very damaging products.

This works well as a primer before makeup and makes my skin look nice and dewy. Not super fast absorbing, but it doesn’t take annoyingly long either.

Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 3/2/2018 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like it, but I wish they had a fragrance-free option.
When my skin is feeling extra sensitive, I get red splotches after applying the cream.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is now February in Canada. My skin has dealt with a long, rough, dry and cold winter and it is definitely showing on my skin. I suffer from eczema that flares up from irritants in products (my skin is extremely dramatic) and any exposure to extreme cold weather. I usually suffer from oily skin with mild breakouts and blackheads but as of late I am dealing with dry, flaky and irritated skin around my eyes and cheeks. Eczema also leaves my entire face and neck itchy and blotchy looking, as well as rough to the touch like lizard skin!
I had seen and heard about this product online as well as from MUA friends. I was a little hesitant at first to pick it up as I usually have an oily skin type, but I could no longer neglect my parched desert-like skin. I was a little turned off by the price tag - $38CAD at Urban Outfitters as it is much cheaper in my mother's native France, but if it was as good as I have heard the price tag is meaningless.
Upon opening the tube (quite glad it is a tube as I dislike jars), I was happy to pop the aluminum stopper with the screw-on cap. Something about that makes it feel so much more sterile. The scent is quite nice, typical of French skincare products and is not overpowering whatsoever. Once it settles on the skin you cannot smell the fragrance any longer. After I had applied a small amount about the size of a dime I began to panic! My skin felt wet, greasy and all of the things someone with oily skin absolutely hates! But as I gave it time to settle in I was pleasantly relieved to feel my skin drinking it up and my face was not left feeling like an oil slick. I have only used this for 1 night and 1 day so this is not a comprehensive review. With that aside I am here to let my fellow oily-skinned gals know that this definitely does not leave an oily skin type looking suffocated and glossy in the colder months. I am eager to see how it holds up in the summer months (I usually use a gel moisturizer when it is hot and humid out) and I am glad that it can be used as an after sun salve seeing as I am a bit of a sun worshiper although that is a faux-pas as of late.
I have heard some buzz around the ingredient list, mainly Cera Alba and Paraffinum Liquidum as these can be sensitizing ingredients that cause flare ups. One must note that this moisturizer was developed by a doctor in the 1950s so of course human knowledge was not as exhaustive as it is today with regards to harmful ingredients. With that being said, this has been a best-seller for years and in France nonetheless, where natural products and fuss-free beauty reign supreme. If you find that you have an allergic interaction with the product you mustn't blame the product rather your skin as you have an allergy to the ingredient and any product containing those ingredients will cause an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis.

If you are hesitant about trying this moisturizer out, take the plunge and see if it works for you. You can always pass it along to a friend if it doesn't!

on 10/24/2017 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG daily moisturizer. I just wish it weren't so expensive.

on 1/28/2017 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I can't tolerate most moisturizers. Although I am Sicilian and was blessed with very oily skin in my youth, as I've gotten older and used more retinoids like A313 and Differin, my skin has become drier. Most other moisturizers I've tried seem to fill in my pores and give me blackheads or breakouts, but this is the first one I've found that protects my skin and doesn't make me break out. This is an amazing balm that lasts a long time.

If I were using it as a makeup remover, I could see how it would be easy to burn through a tube quickly, but I just use it as a mask and moisturizer. I bought a tube on Amazon for around $18, and even with twice-daily use, I've only used half the tube over about 6 weeks. I squeeze the tube from the bottom and it's completely flat with no waste, and I like that the metal tube is recyclable. This cream is a lifesaver for the winter time, when my skin is extra-dry. It is a wonderful skin protectant.

I normally prefer fragrance-free products, and although I wish this cream came in a fragrance-free formula, the scent is very light and disappears eventually. I wear a CPAP mask at night and this cream doesn't interfere with the mask at all. I am thrilled to have found this cream and I will definitely repurchase.

Edit: I am now using pure hyaluronic acid on my face for moisturizing, but I still love using this cream on my neck and chest/decolletage.

on 9/26/2016 9:56:00 AM

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre is a classic ... some would even call it a 'cult favourite' ... because it is effective, and so stinkin' cheap (at least in France, where I purchased it).

It's a great, simple, effective moisturiser that goes on silky ... and if you don't have a special moisturising trust fund, it does the job without making you bankrupt.

It has some cheaper ingredients though (hence ability to offer the low price point), so if you have some money to invest, maybe give this one a pass ... Not knocking the classic status, and it holds moisture in, but in truth the product isn't life-changing fancy.

Probably won't re-buy (but it's so cheap ... who knows ... )

on 1/17/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my go to moisturizer before my skin became sensitized to a Philosophy retinol product, which I used more than a year and half ago and still experience an angry red rash and swelling under my eyes whenever I try to use my former skin care regimen. However, when I was using it I really liked it. My skin is somewhat oily so I used it only on my cheeks, under my eyes and on my eyelids. It absorbed right away and was a fantastic canvas for makeup. It also has a very light scent, which is probably why it now irritates me. I gave my tube to my DIL who has very dry skin and she will likely love it. I love that it's French, because everyone knows they make the very best skin care. I ordered it from Amazon and it wasn't expensive (less than $30) for a rather large tube and like I said, I didn't use much so it lasted a really long time. I repurchased it several times and highly recommend it for normal to dry skin types. I don't know what the ingredients are but when I was using it my skin looked luminous. Even oily skin needs moisturizer and this one is great to use if your cheeks are more normal than your T zone. My makeup went on smoothly and stayed put and my foundation always glowed. This is a great moisturizer in general and I only wish it didn't have any fragrance. I could probably still use it if it didn't. I definitely recommend it though and am sorry I can no longer use it. Maybe after a while my sensitivity will abate and I can resume my old routine. I sincerely hope so. Having very sensitive skin really, really sucks, lol!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This stuff felt a bit greasy on me and made my foundation oxidize. It didn't absorb completely into my skin and clogged my pores, too. Nope.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really like this as a day moisturiser. Not greasy and acts as a great base for make up. Makes my skin look plump and feel soft. Will repurchase....

on 1/1/2014 3:24:00 PM

For a moisturizer that says "concentré" on the label, I expected it to moisturize much more intensely. After applying, I always felt like it was not quite enough, even though my skin is not so dry at the moment and I´m using lighter textures. One of the previous reviewers mentioned that it serves nicely as a kind of primer, and I agree. My makeup lasted really long when I used it underneath. But still - I need a moisturizer which is stronger than this. I have to say, it didn´t upset my skin or caused breakouts, but as it was hyped for a while as a kind of cult product, I would have expected more of it.