Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.6

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 8/6/2018 4:35:00 PM

Edit: Dropped down to 3 lippies. It's a good occlusive but my skin got dehydrated when using this as my sole moisturizer. Will not repurchase. This is an ok emergency moisturizer, but not for the long-term.

---

DiaryofAiko's experience sounds just like mine. I use this as a facial moisturizer. It feel light, and weightless once absorbed. It has a strong scent that sometimes bothers me but sometimes doesn't. My husband likes the fragrance though, when he smells it on my face, so it may be a proximity thing. It does not break me out, and it gives adequate moisture and occlusiveness to my dry/dehydrated skin, but I definitely have to use a separate eye cream.

If this were unscented, if the scent were lighter, or if the scent dissipated, I would use it as a go-to weightless hand cream, but alas, it's not meant to be. My hands need a lot of it so the scent is heavy and sticks around.

I would definitely repurchase because it's a very good basic cream that does not break me out (seems like a lot to ask for these days) and I love the hygienic metal tube.

The texture is liquidy and not heavy. It feels very comfortable on the skin and feels nothing at all after applying. A little amount goes a long way so you don`t have to push out large amounts when applying. My skin absorbed it fast, just seconds after applying. It has a scent similar to some hand creams. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes not. It depends on my mood. I guess the scent is too much for me but it smells good.
See review @ http://www.diaryofaiko.com/2018/01/review-embryolisse-laboratories-lait.html
Watch review @

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Like a lot of people here agree on, this is a very standard no-frills moisturizer. If you're looking for a specific benefit, such as brightening or exfoliation or other skincare goodness, Embryolisse won't cut it. But while this cream isn't some fancy jacket or frilly skirt, it IS my white tee that I can always count on.

A little about my history with Embryolisse: I first came across this cream because I was having severe cystic acne breakouts that required nuclear solutions which wreaked havoc on my skin. I needed a moisturizer that would soothe and hydrate without irritating my poor skin or interacting badly with all the treatments I was subjecting myself to. Out of all the basic creams that I tested out, Embryolisse is what I fell in love with. Below are a bunch of reasons why.

First and foremost, Embryolisse plays VERY well with others. I can incorporate this as a moisturizer regardless of what other targeted skincare I use. It also mixes well with other products. Some mixtures I use Embryolisse for:

- Add a mini-dab to my foundation or concealer for hydrating, dewy makeup that really blends into skin
- Mix with a retinol product (A313 and Adapalene are my go-to) to minimize irritation
- Add a drop of tea-tree oil for some breakout prevention
- Mix with aspirin paste to use as a face mask

The consistency is A DREAM. It's creamy like a cream, but also very fluid, which makes it blend and sheer out well on skin, without skimping on the hydration. A little goes a long way, and you can actually take a little and really spread it out without feeling like you're pulling and tugging on your face. It takes a minute to sink in, but it leaves skin feeling hydrated. While this is a rich formula, it doesn't coat your skin and leave it feeling heavy like all the other creams I tried out did.

PROS
- Versatile and reliable
- Plays nice with others
- Spreads out very well
- Great consistency
- Rich but not heavy

CONS
- Doesn't have any special benefits
- Might not work for those with oily skin
- Contains paraffinum liquidum AKA mineral oil which many people are against (I'm not, but to each their own)
- May break out people who are sensitive to mineral oil, shea butter, stearic acid (finding out what you're sensitive to is a worthy and beneficial endeavor)
- Does NOT contain SPF, which means you would have to incorporate other products if using in the daytime

As for the PRICE... It drives me crazy that a 75ml tube runs for $28 in the US, and I refuse to pay that price for this product, when it's so cheap in France. I rated the cost three lippies because my pride won't let me buy this cream for more than it's original tag (I mean, it's still a good value for a moisturizer but I like to rebel against hiked-up prices...it's the principle of it). However, I can get it for cheaper on Amazon (anywhere from $17-$20 for a 75ml tube, and I always vet the seller before purchasing), or from Costco, where you can get a pack of two 75ml tubes for about $40. Of course, you can purchase Embryolisse in France for anywhere from $11-$15, but I'll take what I can get!

on 1/27/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG status! I use it as a primer for night time - I have a different primer with SPF for day. You don't need much and your foundation just glides right on like silk. The only real issues I have is that I don't like the scent. It's rose-scented but in a fake way (almost like bathroom spray so yikes!) Also the tube isn't that great. I tend to squeeze out too much product and it crinkles up too much so you end up not getting it all out

on 1/18/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Welp. Another over-hyped, under-performing product, whose praise is totally unmerited. Granted, it’s not bad, per say, but it’s not great either, and it’s certainly not worth all of the buzz it receives. The only reason that I believe it gets all of the hype that it does, is because it IS a fairly versatile product (meaning, it’s so basic and no-frills that it works on most skin types), and it DOES soften the skin and wear nicely under makeup….But a lot of moisturizers do as well, and this contains no revolutionary ingredients to warrant the price tag or “miracle” claim. You can literally find the same quality products with very similar ingredients at the drugstore for a fraction of the cost (i.e. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream pretty much does the exact same thing as this, has similar ingredients, comes in a much bigger tub, and is 1/3 of the price).

Embryolisse touts this as a “do-all” product that primes, moisturizes, removes makeup, and can be used as a mask. Like I said, it does wear well under makeup and moisturize, but so should any half decent face cream? The priming claim is extremely gimmicky, as that only really means that it smooths and softens the skin for makeup application….Which, again, any moisturizer does for the most part. As far as removing makeup goes, any mineral oil (or any oil, really) based product can do that. The only facet I don’t have a comment for is the mask claim, as I have not tried it as a mask. However, based on the ingredients, my guess is that it would be just as lackluster as a mask as it is as a cream. You can make more effective DIY masks for much cheaper.

To top off the mediocrity of this product, it also has a fairly strong florally scent, which many people find irritating, and can aggravate sensitive skin. Some of the ingredients are also comedogenic. I haven’t broken out from this, but I’d be cautious if you’re super acne-prone.

Long story short, this product does what it claims and all, but it’s sure as hell no miracle and you can find better quality for the same price or less. The ingredients list is literally just water, mineral oil, and a bunch of emulsifiers. Why pay $30+ for that? Skip this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Little background: I've used Clinique's Gel Moisturizer for more than 10 years; since elementary school. I have oily skin and oily-combination that peels in the winter, and in the winter I needed something more moisturizing, but I never found a good replacement. I knew that Clinique TESTED ON ANIMALS, but I gave up since a lot of big brands (Estee Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'Oreal, Maybelline) also test on animals. However, I recently decided that I can't support it anymore since there's completely nothing to be gained from animal testing.

I was really skeptical whether this would break me out, especially since this is such a heavy, waxy moisturizer, but I'm 2 months in & so far so good! After using Clinque for so long, this is definitely more heavy than I'm used to and in the summer it'll probably be too much for me. This is much more suited for people with dry or combination skin rather than oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I cannot see the hype in this product, and I really wanted to like this... It wasn't cheap and made my actually dry skin extremely oily and shiny. I will definitely not buy it again.

on 12/17/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i like this but don't love this. It's not expensive (esp if you get it in france) but honestly i would rather pay more for the right product. it's an OK moisturizer and kind of reminds me of the Pond's extra dry skin cream, but the problem is that if you have dry tight/flaky skin, it doesn't penetrate past the epidermis and it just feels like you have a greasy moisturizer sitting on top. it is one of those good old fashioned mineral oil type moisturizers so my face looks shiny afterwards.

pros
-cheap
-doesn't break me out (I'm acne prone)

cons
-doesn't penetrate in terms of hydration
-greasy

UPDATE:
lately I've been using this as my day moisturizer mixed with a drop or two or kosmea rose hip oil and my skin is glowing! the formula is still plain but makes a good base for mixing with oils (if you want to add argan or jojoba etc)

on 1/8/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Turned out to be quite the plain jane for a highly recommended raved moisturizer. This seems to be one of those skin care items one successful model raves of & all of youtube land jumps on the bandwagon. Granted I do have the utter most dry scale reptile skin, especially in the winter months; similar to those that use prescribed acne medications/retinol etc that leads to peeling, thats me without all those chemicals so I thought I'd be the perfect candidate for this stuff. Yes it did relieve some of this, nOt the stubborn nose, edges of the mouth parts but the overall effect was nice. (I use plain vaseline or oils for those areas.) My face felt really nourished, no grease & no tightness either; but it also went on a bit heavier than I like. I wish it was the weight of a serum, then the results would be truly outstanding; even achieving this much is quite impressive. But because it was SO hard to get here (I live in NY; you would think its more accessbile in the city atleast), costly ($25 for 2.6 oz) and didn't do anything besides the almost there hydration, I cant say I would go out of my way to repurhase this. Oh and I despise the foil tube packaging, after ONE use it never looked neat on my vanity again.

on 12/6/2013 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought into the hype, but am underwhelmed. I have been using this as a night cream for about a week, and did not awaken to a soft, plump face like some have experienced. It absorbs fairly well so it could be used under make up if you do not have oily skin, has practically no scent, and works well enough as a "normal" face cream. Would not repurchase as there are lots of better options out there for the same price.