Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 5/9/2018 5:59:00 PM

I bought this product because I had read that it was a moisturizer that loads of people swear by and that it is a staple in french beauty products. I have combination skin and was really excited to try this cream that everyone rages about. The first times I applied it I felt like it was a bit heavy on my skin but I liked the dewy look it left on my skin. However, I have been using this cream for about 3 weeks now and my skin has broken out really badly. I have loads of clogged pores all over my face (areas where I've never had such as cheeks and forehead) and my skin just feels really greasy, therefore, I won't be using it anymore.

After a week of not using this moisturizer and taking care of my skin my skin feels like it is getting a bit better, however, I still have many clogged pores which is annoying :/

on 1/13/2018 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Use this as a mask in the evening. I then wash it off, apply my night cream and my skin feels deeply moisturized, not just on the surface. It is also perfect to use after an acid peel.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If it was possible, I’d give this a 4.5 out of 5 lippies. Half a mark off only because my preference is for a regular tube or pump bottle vs this metal tube packaging. I don’t like it for travel as it can bend and crack open over time. That aside, this product is wonderful, well-loved and hyped up for a reason.

Best suited for dry skin, I like this as both a moisturizer and a primer under foundation, it absorbs fast and doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy. I do not use it as a cleanser, mask or makeup remover as it also claims to be used for so I can’t comment on whether or not it’s effective in these situations. I’ve had some very dry skin (especially along the jaw line) during this cold winter snap we’re having lately and decided to spend the weekend makeup-free applying this moisturizer in the morning and evening (a little more generously than I normally would), with no other products on my skin and I’m happy to say that after using this twice daily for just two days my skin is feeling softer and the dry flaky skin is gone. There is a slight scent to this 5-in-1 product but it does dissipate quickly so I don’t find it problematic. Fragrance is actually the last ingredient in a relatively short list for this product.

People speak so highly of this moisturizer! The price was good and I'd buy it again in a pinch but I didn't like the scent. It reminded me of plastic.

I've only been using this a short time and I'm sure this is the beginning of a life long relationship. There is definitely a reason this is a classic.
This is a very basic moisturizer, which is one of my favorite things about it. The short ingredient list means my super sensitive skin doesn't freak out. I love to use this as a final layer of moisturizer to seal everything in.
The price is great for the amount of product you get and you only need a tiny amount.

I can understand why this has gained a cult status in France, particularly in Paris. The city is rather infamous for its hard tap water and high levels of pollution, and having experienced their damaging effects on my own skin when I was there, I have to say that occlusive products like this are effective in combating daily environmental stressors.

That said, this isn't necessarily a bad cream, but it definitely will not suit all skin types. It's easy to spread and is on the richer side, leaving a satin-like finish on the skin. For my combination skin, this works better on my cheeks than on my oilier forehead/T-zone. It's more moisturizing than other occlusives, and the shea butter and aloe put it a couple of steps above basic petrolatum products like Vaseline and Aquaphor. It has a jasmine-y fragrance, but it's not terribly strong and fades relatively quickly. The metal tube is also a nice touch, giving it an air of old-fashioned pharmacy treatments.

If you live somewhere with a mild or more humid climate, you can most likely pass on this. If you live in a place with harsh environmental factors, and if your skincare routine is fairly minimal, I'd recommend using something like this as an added layer of protection over a hydrating moisturizer or serum. Unless you're planning on visiting France sometime soon, however, I wouldn't recommend shelling out the extra cash to buy it in the US. It's not worth the hassle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Before I really started doing a skincare regimen I just washed my face and applied moisturizer at night. I used Embryolisse consistently for a couple of years, and it did its job perfectly well. I have combo skin and it kept me hydrated overnight and even healed the very dry patches on my chin after a few weeks. I find Embryolisse to be much to heavy and oily to wear under makeup, but for night it is very good. Since I use a lot of different skincare products with moisturizing properties now I don't need such a rich moisturizer, but if I had to pare down to one or two products I'd consider re-adding this to my routine.

on 4/22/2017 10:56:00 PM

This has been a lovely cream to prep skin for makeup. I don't think it has any valuable properties, but as a base, it's lightweight and smoothing. My oily/combo skin didn't have any bad reactions (but I also use a face powder to absorb oil). It wouldn't be my moisturizer when I'm not also applying makeup, but at $16, I consider it a real bargain.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is okay, i don't think there is anything amazing to it. Perfect price but nothing special - good all round cream if you don't have any skinconcerns.

on 11/30/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On my skin: Very sensitive, prone to clogged pores and rosacea, when using the wrong products.

Pros: Comes in a large tube - resonable price as you only need a bit of product to moisturize whole face, feels very hydrating, creamy but non-greasy.
Cons: Contains fragrance and some comedogenic ingredients which may cause breakouts and irritation, not a good make-up base, can leave a shiny finish.

There are so many raves about this product, that I immediately wanted to try it, but unfortunately my skin didn't like it. It does feel very moisturizing but it irritated my skin and eyes and caused small clogged pores. But I also react that way to Mineral Oil and it's the second ingredient, so I should've known better.