Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

4.1

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 1/20/2019 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This cream is highly recommended for dry, aging skin and I know many people rave about it. The price and packaging are great but it made my face break out, so it's not for me.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the best moisturizer ever. I can see why it is a cult favorite of makeup artists and celebrities. It does an amazing job of moisturizing skin and give a healthy, dew like glow to the skin. This can be used as a mask, moisturizer and primer all in one.

I highly recommend giving this a try. It is now a staple in my skincare regimen and I can't live without it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Like a lot of people here agree on, this is a very standard no-frills moisturizer. If you're looking for a specific benefit, such as brightening or exfoliation or other skincare goodness, Embryolisse won't cut it. But while this cream isn't some fancy jacket or frilly skirt, it IS my white tee that I can always count on.

A little about my history with Embryolisse: I first came across this cream because I was having severe cystic acne breakouts that required nuclear solutions which wreaked havoc on my skin. I needed a moisturizer that would soothe and hydrate without irritating my poor skin or interacting badly with all the treatments I was subjecting myself to. Out of all the basic creams that I tested out, Embryolisse is what I fell in love with. Below are a bunch of reasons why.

First and foremost, Embryolisse plays VERY well with others. I can incorporate this as a moisturizer regardless of what other targeted skincare I use. It also mixes well with other products. Some mixtures I use Embryolisse for:

- Add a mini-dab to my foundation or concealer for hydrating, dewy makeup that really blends into skin
- Mix with a retinol product (A313 and Adapalene are my go-to) to minimize irritation
- Add a drop of tea-tree oil for some breakout prevention
- Mix with aspirin paste to use as a face mask

The consistency is A DREAM. It's creamy like a cream, but also very fluid, which makes it blend and sheer out well on skin, without skimping on the hydration. A little goes a long way, and you can actually take a little and really spread it out without feeling like you're pulling and tugging on your face. It takes a minute to sink in, but it leaves skin feeling hydrated. While this is a rich formula, it doesn't coat your skin and leave it feeling heavy like all the other creams I tried out did.

PROS
- Versatile and reliable
- Plays nice with others
- Spreads out very well
- Great consistency
- Rich but not heavy

CONS
- Doesn't have any special benefits
- Might not work for those with oily skin
- Contains paraffinum liquidum AKA mineral oil which many people are against (I'm not, but to each their own)
- May break out people who are sensitive to mineral oil, shea butter, stearic acid (finding out what you're sensitive to is a worthy and beneficial endeavor)
- Does NOT contain SPF, which means you would have to incorporate other products if using in the daytime

As for the PRICE... It drives me crazy that a 75ml tube runs for $28 in the US, and I refuse to pay that price for this product, when it's so cheap in France. I rated the cost three lippies because my pride won't let me buy this cream for more than it's original tag (I mean, it's still a good value for a moisturizer but I like to rebel against hiked-up prices...it's the principle of it). However, I can get it for cheaper on Amazon (anywhere from $17-$20 for a 75ml tube, and I always vet the seller before purchasing), or from Costco, where you can get a pack of two 75ml tubes for about $40. Of course, you can purchase Embryolisse in France for anywhere from $11-$15, but I'll take what I can get!

on 2/10/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and this is a nice, gentle, deep moisturising product.

I think it's mainly popular because it's a simple moisturiser with very few ingredients and a reasonable price tag! Not to mention that it seems to work for most skin types.

Why it's referred to as magic cream, though, I have no idea!

UPDATE/EDIT: After using several tubes of this, I belatedly found out that this was causing me to breakout! Won't repurchase again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

It broke me out completely. I feel like it was too think and greasy and it blocked my pores.

on 9/26/2016 9:56:00 AM

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre is a classic ... some would even call it a 'cult favourite' ... because it is effective, and so stinkin' cheap (at least in France, where I purchased it).

It's a great, simple, effective moisturiser that goes on silky ... and if you don't have a special moisturising trust fund, it does the job without making you bankrupt.

It has some cheaper ingredients though (hence ability to offer the low price point), so if you have some money to invest, maybe give this one a pass ... Not knocking the classic status, and it holds moisture in, but in truth the product isn't life-changing fancy.

Probably won't re-buy (but it's so cheap ... who knows ... )

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love it!! Bought it in my trip to Paris because of all the rave reviews and this being listed as one of the top french skincare products. Generally, I hold very high regards for french pharmacy brands. Its perfectly moisturizing, soaks up quickly and my skin feels very soft upon application. However, I mostly apply it prior to makeup and it makes a great primer as well - foundation just glides on. Not sure how it will perform during summer, but it doesnt feel paricularly heavy to me. Bought two tubes of 75mls for ~20€. Great deal.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Little background: I've used Clinique's Gel Moisturizer for more than 10 years; since elementary school. I have oily skin and oily-combination that peels in the winter, and in the winter I needed something more moisturizing, but I never found a good replacement. I knew that Clinique TESTED ON ANIMALS, but I gave up since a lot of big brands (Estee Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'Oreal, Maybelline) also test on animals. However, I recently decided that I can't support it anymore since there's completely nothing to be gained from animal testing.

I was really skeptical whether this would break me out, especially since this is such a heavy, waxy moisturizer, but I'm 2 months in & so far so good! After using Clinque for so long, this is definitely more heavy than I'm used to and in the summer it'll probably be too much for me. This is much more suited for people with dry or combination skin rather than oily.

on 8/20/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have a dry and sensitive skin and am always looking for a moisturiser that makes my skin feel comfortable yet doesn't cause breakouts or allergies. So when I heard about 'Embryolisse' and that it was super safe to use and hydrates the skin for hours without end, I thought it was worth a try. The fact that its advertised as "The Secret of the Modelling world" etc. is a bonus, non? ;)

The first thing that I disliked was the packaging, I am not a fan of metal tubes, they break and crack and you can never really roll them up nice and neatly to get all the product out. The tube is sealed and you have to open it by puncturing the metal seal with the cap. That is nice because you can be certain the product is fresh and pristine.

The consistency is very runny, too much so in my opinion, it comes out the tube in over-abundance and wastes product. It applies easy because of the runny consistency but you have to be very carful to not waste product. Don't place it on its cap because when you take the cap off it just comes gushing out!

It does moisturise my - at times - very dry skin but it doesn't give me that comfortable hydrated feel that I get from more richer products. It doesn't cause break outs or allergies (something I am prone to).
All in all as a moisturiser its just not rich enough for me dry skin, but in experimenting with it under my make up I have found where its real forte lies for me: it's a perfect bases for foundation!
Before I apply foundation I moisturise and when I leave the house the make-up looks good and is nice and even. But after a couple of hours I look in the mirror and find white patches on my skin, yet again my dry skin ate the foundation. With Embryolisse Lait-Concentre I don't have this problem. It seems to be the perfect bases for my foundation and keeps it in place and looking natural. Just for this I will keep repurchasing it!

Pros:
*Lots of value for your money because the consistency is very generous and you need very little to cover face and dcolletage.
*There is a lot of product in a tube - 75ML (2,54 Fl.OZ)
*It doesn't irritate my very dry and sensitive skin.
*It is the perfect bases for under foundation.
*it's friendly priced especially since its Paraben free and not tested on animals.

Cons:
*I am not a fan of metal tubes.
*Consistency is too runny and too much product gets wasted.
*If you have very dry skin like mine it might not be rich enough, but for normal skin it might be perfect.

on 8/17/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

One of my all time favorite products in the world. It's a wonder product. I won't leave the house without it on. I'll often go out with just this on, some eyeliner and/or some mascara.

I discovered this while backpacking through Paris in my twenties. I stalked some women two, three, four times my age to figure out how their skin looked so much better than mine! This was the answer. It's a cult favorite for a reason. When I got home to the states and started using it, after a week my friends asked if I was wearing make-up when in fact I was only wearing this moisturizer. It's been many years later and I still get that compliment. I stopped using primer when I started using Embryolisse moisturizer. It's just not necessary. This moisturizer works as a perfect 2-in-1 in that sense.

Honestly, it's the best thing that ever happened to my skin and my make-up routine.